Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, count me among those who have cancelled their luxury edition. Bit the bullet just now and lost my $35 deposit.

I sincerely hope Asmus can deliver on this figure for those that hold out though. I'll be happy for them.

Never because it's funny that people actually think Asmus is gonna replace everyone's Henrietta to begin with. :lol
😆 🤣 well who knows.. maybe this epic fail will make them do it, if not, at least we have solid proof of how shady this company is. Lying about a prototype in a public forum, stating that it's the actual production piece is beyond bad.. I know other companies do such thing as well, but not at this level, man.. so we'll see how they handle this.

As much as I hate to slide into conspiracy land... it is a bit hard to believe this is just a QC issue or the result of the factory screwing things up in production. I can't see them leaving off something as obvious as the freakin hair unless they were actually instructed by Asmus to do so, in order to cut costs and in the hope collectors wouldn't notice.
I totally agree with you, Dave. Cuttin corners in a brutal way.

I love how none of the ones we've seen in the wild still look nothing like "one of the 6" Asmus tried to pass off. Pathetic.
🤣😂🤣 see, and their rep (george) is now silent in the Asmus customer support not answering back. thread. Not answering my latest post.

Must be pretty hectic over there in asmus' office right now.. 😌

More pics from out in the wild.

Attachments

• 94909525-B065-4B9D-8CEB-C6AA5F9EAEFF.jpeg
    94909525-B065-4B9D-8CEB-C6AA5F9EAEFF.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 6410DC95-3BFB-438A-93D8-6ADD5FA21875.jpeg
    6410DC95-3BFB-438A-93D8-6ADD5FA21875.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 148
  • E26F894F-A7D4-425C-91EA-E3485C1C4DC2.jpeg
    E26F894F-A7D4-425C-91EA-E3485C1C4DC2.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 149
  • D75AC887-9070-4DAE-870D-A16AA24E97C0.jpeg
    D75AC887-9070-4DAE-870D-A16AA24E97C0.jpeg
    658.4 KB · Views: 136
So far it looks like an upscaled NECA figure with subpar paint and underwhelming tailoring. Not hating on it or anything, just an objective observation. Still can't decide if I should keep my pre-order though.

As much as I hate to slide into conspiracy land... it is a bit hard to believe this is just a QC issue or the result of the factory screwing things up in production. I can't see them leaving off something as obvious as the freakin hair unless they were actually instructed by Asmus to do so, in order to cut costs and in the hope collectors wouldn't notice.
--

I know better, but I wouldn't put it past them to give kickbacks to certain well known vendors to deal with the QC issues on what they received without cancelling.

More pics from out in the wild.

The Linda head is actually somewhat accurate if you change out the hair. I would have preferred her to me mistakenly bald honestly. lmao The Deadite Ash head is maybe seventy-five percent accurate. The hilarious part is it has better hair than the regular sculpt. rofl

Could be. But to me that would seem to be bigger headache than it's worth. People were going to see this immediately and point it out - as they did. Asmus responded pretty quick to a person saying theyll replace it as well.
I'm not sure Asmus would want to risk mass cancelations and social media heat over hair. This isn't like a small button or accessory that was redesigned to be smaller or whatever. It makes more sense that there was poor instruction , or no instruction, given to the factory and it just wasn't done. Either way, as of now I assume this is widespread, and I'm curious how they'll handle this going forward.

Could be. But to me that would seem to be bigger headache than it's worth. People were going to see this immediately and point it out - as they did. Asmus responded pretty quick to a person saying theyll replace it as well.
I'm not sure Asmus would want to risk mass cancelations and social media heat over hair. This isn't like a small button or accessory that was redesigned to be smaller or whatever. It makes more sense that there was poor instruction , or no instruction, given to the factory and it just wasn't done. Either way, as of now I assume this is widespread, and I'm curious how they'll handle this going forward.
--

Don't be surprised if their response is by offering the missing hair to collectors as a DIY fix provided collectors pay for the postage.

Back