Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still hanging on to my Luxury Ed. for now. If and when the time comes, I’ll get a refund from SS. One way or another. I’m in no rush to cancel it. And with all the mistakes, they wouldn’t even question the NRD. Thank God for Sideshow CS. They’ve always gone above and beyond to take care of any issues I’ve had and I can bet they’re not going to be happy with Asmus when all their customers get these in hand and want refunds.

BUT still holding my half-full glass 🤣 It’s a shame this is my first Asmus figure because I honestly don’t foresee me taking any chances in the future unless it’s something that’s already out and it gets done very well. But I won’t be doing any Asmus pre-orders.

Man oh man. I heard through the grapevine that there was a fuss over this figure and jumped in here to catch up with all of the going's on. SHEESH. I feel for you guys who ordered this. What an absolute mess.

In a FB comment reply, someone asked about their figure that was already shipped and Asmus said they were part of 5%, so I guess they've only shipped 5%? Hopefully they can improve for the rest. I didn't get an invoice payment yet so I'm just holding on for now.

In a FB comment reply, someone asked about their figure that was already shipped and Asmus said they were part of 5%, so I guess they've only shipped 5%? Hopefully they can improve for the rest. I didn't get an invoice payment yet so I'm just holding on for now.
Improve what? And how?

009_1000.jpg

Improve what? And how?
Mm hmm. They won’t improve anything. They’ll give you stickers to cover printing mistakes and missing hair for you to stick on yourself in a seperate delivery that you may even need to pay extra for if they do what they did with Arwen.
They are done with production on this figure they won’t go backwards now, they’ll just provide half arsed quick fixes.

That apparent stunt that they pulled with showing the Henrietta prototype in hand means that Asmus can’t be trusted.
Making a bad figure is one thing, but blatantly misleading people like that is a new low.
That move would put Molecule 8 to shame.

Mm hmm. They won’t improve anything. They’ll give you stickers to cover printing mistakes and missing hair for you to stick on yourself in a seperate delivery that you may even need to pay extra for if they do what they did with Arwen.
They are done with production on this figure they won’t go backwards now.
--

They got their $ from distributors, vendors, and customers who ordered directly through them.

The losers are:

Collectors with no recourse in terms of a refund for a product they don't want and is too late cancel.

Vendors stuck with a poor quality figure many don't want to buy, unable to sell to recoup their cost, or may end up selling at a steep loss.

Distributors stuck with unsold inventory they can't move.

The winners are:

@$mu$ for obvious reasons and it's not the first time or the last they'll get away with it because there are those blindly/overzealously supporting them, giving them second, third, fourth chances, etc. are enabling them.

Customizers who'll offer custom solutions that'll cost collectors more $ to spend on a poor figure (i.e., 1:6 money pit).

Those fortunate and smart enough not to buy it in the first place, able to cancel their order without a losing their deposit, and those who will eventually pick it up at a fraction of its MSRP.

Maybe @$mu$ needs to hire Nick from Sylvester Stallone's online shop and spin his egocentric wonder on their behalf like he does for all the supposed 1:6 Stallone figures that has yet to materialize?

That apparent stunt that they pulled with showing the Henrietta prototype in hand means that Asmus can’t be trusted.
Making a bad figure is one thing, but blatantly misleading people like that is a new low.
That move would put Molecule 8 to shame.
--

It's not the first time they did it and got away with it.

One would believe it would make business sense for Asmus to make an announcement AND an apology stating they messed up with honesty and humility along with a guarantee to rectify the production quality issues, but no. We all know that will never occur.
It won’t happen because sadly there are enough people who will happily buy the figure and spend more money than it cost customizing it, to allow Asmus to sell out their entire inventory.
As long as people are willing to throw away their money on a shoddy release Asmus has no incentive to do better.

It won’t happen because sadly there are enough people who will happily buy the figure and spend more money than it cost customizing it, to allow Asmus to sell out their entire inventory.
As long as people are willing to throw away their money on a shoddy release Asmus has no incentive to do better.
--

Sad, but true.

So is this the first 1:6 "FAIL!" for 2022?

If that really is the prototype they were trying to pass off as a production piece then they have some truly audacious people working in their PR department that will likely be looking for new jobs soon.

Back