Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair may not be the only reason they're halting shipping. They probably have to back up their words about that proto Henrietta photo being 'production' now, so they'll maybe have decided to repaint her to avoid accusations that they lied about the images.
Science fiction.

I do wonder if the fact that they nixed the 666 ES to fill more orders, in a seemingly short amount of time, is one of the reasons for these problems.
You're the first one to mention this I think. I didn't even think of this and I agree. This is absolutely the result of them seeing those numbers and rushing to get them out so they can bank that profit.

Extremely unlikely.
I did say 'Maybe'. It's highly unlikely that a piece would ever go back for any paint updates, but then it's also unlikely that a character would be missing a head of hair and have shipping halted for it to be attached, so you never know. 🤷‍♀️ I guess I'll find out in photos, because I don't have it on order any more :)

In reviewing the last 10-12 pages from the past couple of days, the direction of this thread ranges from disappointment to consensus of disappointment with a spattering of possible hope mixed with apprehension, doubt, and skepticism with enough twists and turns and finally a freefall to a somber ebb.

If this thread is a roller coaster, then it would likely be one of top ten roller coaster attractions in the United States.

Last edited:
I think that was the Stallone thread in the General section 🤣🤣🤣
--

My bad.

Once the novelty of this thread wears off . . . maybe . . . then the Stallone thread will pick up again.

Maybe @$MU$ will hire Nick to do their PR and damage control for them where he'll send COMPLAINING C&D notices to all on social media?

I remember a couple of years ago, a third-party brand (possibly Toys-Era) produced a 1:6 figure inspired by "Colossus" from X-MEN.

Overall, it was a very good figure; however, the figure's packaging caused unwanted blemishes on the nose of the head sculpt due to the cardboard packaging rubbing against it. It was not the case for all figures in the production run.

One vendor decided to open and inspect his shipment prior to fulfilling orders. For any that had the blemish rub on the nose, he fixed/repaired with using a silver paint marker that matched the head sculpt's paint and the fix/repair came across flawlessly based posted/shared pictures. The vendor even shared the details and method with customers who opted to fix it themselves.

The preceding is nowhere near what's going on within this thread, but there are instances when some issues can be resolved with a reasonable DIY fix/resolution. I'm not defending or justifying what's going on with @$MU$.

If I remember correctly, Toys-Era took note and corrected the packaging flaw.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was toys-era. It was a first batch problem if I remember correctly. They resolved it by adding foam padding over the face. Mine arrived minty fresh no blemish.

You do realize that I write it as an extra confirmation of george's (asmus' rep) written statement. So that everyone here in this thread knows that george said that exact statement in this thread: Asmus customer support not answering back., and so, everyone who preordered should expect nothing less than that.
Or they can ask for a replacement, or a full refund.
If you read my whole post here, I am trying to make asmus be responsible and deliver the right thing, starting from Henrietta with hair and proper paintjob.. and then fix the rest of the issues.
Is it not much better to just cancel? What kind of case do you think your have against a company on the other side of the world?
There does not need to be evidence, this isn't CSI.
No one at Asmus will care what "statement" you have.

Is it not much better to just cancel? What kind of case do you think your have against a company on the other side of the world?
--

You have a valid point, but so does batsheva in terms of principles and accountability from a business ethics perspective.

I hope I interpreted it correctly.

I believe even with all the problems there are those gosh darn it want the figure and have it done right for what is charged.

Ash Williams is a pop culture hero icon to us going all the way back to the 80s with the original film, the sequel films, and the premium cable series along with the comics, toys, etc. over the years.

So even with all the valid complaints and disdain against @$MU$, I "get it".

It hurts to see a revered pop culture icon being ruined with a poor quality product.

#3 confirmed case of missing hair
Screenshot_20220114-210748_Facebook.jpg

It's not like that.
The point is, I'm trying to get statements from them, that confirms certain things for the benefit of the customers who preordered the item.
Of course it will be easier to just cancel, but maybe what we did here can make them change things, improving the quality of the items.
And getting evidence doesn't mean I'm CSI, hahahaha.. you are being silly.
Many people here are trying to get evidence of the lack of hair on Henrietta. Are they being CSI now?
Point is, we are trying, doing effort to make things better.
I see no wrong in doing that. If we succeed, the customers get good product.
If not, then they can cancel and refund it, or keep it and do some mods.
Basically, I don't mind doing this, if it's for a good cause.

And it seems that asmus does care with the statements that we have. They answered, and they tried to fix things now. This is social media. Your statements will be recorded as a proof of your action. :)

--

You have a valid point, but so does batsheva in terms of principles and accountability from a business ethics perspective.

I hope I interpreted it correctly.

I believe even with all the problems there are those gosh darn it want the figure and have it done right for what is charged.

Ash Williams is a pop culture hero icon to us going all the way back to the 80s with the original film, the sequel films, and the premium cable series along with the comics, toys, etc. over the years.

So even with all the valid complaints and disdain against @$MU$, I "get it".

It hurts to see a revered pop culture icon being ruined with a poor quality product.
Yes, my friend.
You interpreted it correctly.
Everyone here has their own right to do, voice, or act based on their own principles.

For me personally, I just want to stop asmus from being shady and ruining their customers.

If any of you got the invoice in Paypal and want to cancel. You can cancel the invoice yourself in your activity

As much as I hate to slide into conspiracy land... it is a bit hard to believe this is just a QC issue or the result of the factory screwing things up in production. I can't see them leaving off something as obvious as the freakin hair unless they were actually instructed by Asmus to do so, in order to cut costs and in the hope collectors wouldn't notice.

Back