Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think any personal attack is warranted when it comes to figures. Everyone has a right to either love or not love the figure that these companies produce. Everyone has their own line that they draw on what's acceptable in a figure or not and I think that's a key difference when it comes to these downgrades that happen.

Personally I think Asmus deserves all the scrutiny they're getting for this. I've watched their release on Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, etc and EVERY single one of their releases has had a change or downgrade from their prototype. Hats that are laughably downgraded and undersized, sculpts altered and downgraded through production, staffs missing features that are present in different batches, etc. With zero notice or heads up to their customers and these are for figures that they charge $300+ on.

They're very much like Sideshow/Star Ace where they continue to charge close to $300 or more for these figures but do NOTHING to improve their final production quality.

Meanwhile you have SooSooToys and Threezero charging $150 for figures while producing almost Hot Toys level of quality (SooSooToys more so).
Asmus, Sideshow, Star Ace and any company should 100% be criticized for their false advertisements with these prototypes when their production versions don't come close to them. These figures are getting way too expensive with each passing year to just be like "Okay I'll just deal with it I guess."

What makes this figure worse than others is them just bluntly posting prototype pictures trying to pass it off as if it's the production version they're producing. Why lie with some PR ******** instead of just owning up to your mistake and trying to amend it?

DzHjya0.png

SooSooToys $130 and $150 Butcher/Gambit production figure:

AATEaqB.png

7TShIV3.jpg
--

Where do I begin?

1. The very last SSC product I purchased was back in 2015 and it was the 1:6 PUNISHER figure. I was pleased with it at the time, but in the years since I own a couple that is far superior to SSC's version. I don't buy anymore offerings (figures, statues, etc.) from SSC.

2. The only Star Ace product I own is their UNDERWORLD SELENE 1:6 figure purchased about 8/9 years ago. What was produced was off from the prototype advertised. I'll never buy another Star Ace product period.

3. threezero have a consistent problem with inconsistency with prototype to final production design and quality across virtually all of their licensed products. The only exceptions that caused me to actually buy their GI JOE and POWER RANGER 1:6 figures is the total turnaround on how well the final production design and quality is. I hope they keep it consistent. If not, then they'll lose me regardless of much of a diehard GI JOE 1:6 collector I am.

4. Soosoo Toys to me have a very sordid reputation. I know one vendor who will not ever offer any of their products because Soosoo copied/stole without compensation and credit a number 3D head sculpt render files from known/respected sculptors and denied doing such even though evidence came to light they did. This is an issue of business ethnics. I'll leave it at that.

Anybody got an invoice from KGHOBBY yet? I saw they got them in stock like a week ago but i don't have an invoice yet? And how do i make sure i get one with hair? Message them?

Looking at some of these newer in hand pics, maybe I'll get a standard version in a few months.

Which indy sculpt was it that had its ears and another feature or two scaled down? Perhaps we can commission something like that in the future to give the head sculpt a trim around the sides?

Anybody got an invoice from KGHOBBY yet? I saw they got them in stock like a week ago but i don't have an invoice yet? And how do i make sure i get one with hair? Message them?
I got an invoice from them on Tuesday but have been holding off paying it until more pictures emerge. Feel a little bad about that as it’s not their fault if Henrietta has a slap head a cellar door couldn’t hide, but I don’t have faith in getting a replacement if that is the case.

I got an invoice from them on Tuesday but have been holding off paying it until more pictures emerge. Feel a little bad about that as it’s not their fault if Henrietta has a slap head a cellar door couldn’t hide, but I don’t have faith in getting a replacement if that is the case.
--

I can agree with that perspective, but then again if there are collectors who continually order from @$MU$ knowing full well that what is going on with Ash (among other past production quality offenses), then shouldn't vendors be held to same standard in a way?

Why should they be excused if they continue to buy faulty products from a brand/manufacturer with a proven track of problems resulting in order cancellations expecting their customers to simply pay the invoice or cancel forfeiting any deposit arrangement when they could simply decide not to carry any products from them and tell their clientele due to consistent quality issues they will no longer carry and sell @$MU$ products until they actually improve?

Remember, SSC had a no NRD policy before they started to screw up on very expensive offerings resulting in significant cancellations, thus creating the NRD policy to mitigate impulsive cancellations, those abusing the system, etc.

Would cancellations and no business from vendors/distributors carry more weight and influence to @$MU$ compared to individual collectors (however many there are who choose not to buy from them)?

Unless @$MU$ unknown to us is supposedly giving kick backs to certain vendors to mitigate the fallout?

Last edited:
Got an email from Asmus they switched my order from the Lux to the Standard. I'm ok with it I'll probably pay it later.

I just did, and that is good news!

So people here, it's not the prototype.. it's the actual production pics! :D
yea sure it is. why no do an unboxing video already? At this point they have to do more than give lip service.

yea sure it is. why no do an unboxing video already? At this point they have to do more than give lip service.
You do realize that I write it as an extra confirmation of george's (asmus' rep) written statement. So that everyone here in this thread knows that george said that exact statement in this thread: Asmus customer support not answering back., and so, everyone who preordered should expect nothing less than that.
Or they can ask for a replacement, or a full refund.
If you read my whole post here, I am trying to make asmus be responsible and deliver the right thing, starting from Henrietta with hair and proper paintjob.. and then fix the rest of the issues.

So fellow collector got a response from them about shipping his figure. I found this interesting. "Batch 1" is likely all bald Henriettas and other mistakes. So now we probably won't see Amy more shipped until they receive batch 2 with (hopefully) corrected stuff. Just my speculation.
Screenshot_20220114-153414_Messenger.jpg

I mentioned this awhile back. There are some Asmus haters that I could see doing this.

BUT, Asmus themselves have already confirmed that some of the Henriettas have gone out without hair. And I'm not too happy with the pain apps on the production piece either. It, as someone else mentioned, looks like a cake topper. Henrietta was an after thought with this set.
Which is the biggest problem for me. Henrietta is one of the biggest selling points for the Luxury set. I actually like the figure itself. I know people have issues with the head but it works for me. I definitely like it more than the SSC sculpt. I dig the base top. Well, at least what I cam see of it. What really rubs me the wrong way is Asmus sharing pictures of production items on FB to assuage peoples concerns yet none are the items most people are complaining about. Surely, Asmus knows this.

So fellow collector got a response from them about shipping his figure. I found this interesting. "Batch 1" is likely all bald Henriettas and other mistakes. So now we probably won't see Amy more shipped until they receive batch 2 with (hopefully) corrected stuff. Just my speculation. View attachment 555984
Does not bode well for me next week.

The hair may not be the only reason they're halting shipping. They probably have to back up their words about that proto Henrietta photo being 'production' now, so they'll maybe have decided to repaint her to avoid accusations that they lied about the images.

The hair may not be the only reason they're halting shipping. They probably have to back up their words about that proto Henrietta photo being 'production' now, so they'll maybe have decided to repaint her to avoid accusations that they lied about the images.
And if that's what actually happening, means our first mission here is accomplished. ;)

Does not bode well for me next week.

Depends if with Asmus they're currently working through boxes to make sure they have hair etc. Hence why us guys who got a shipping number hasn't actually shipped yet.

I'm expecing my tns one to be bold but will get a replacement so no biggie. Hoping to have my Asmus order next week. 🙏

Back