Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you to a degree, Hot Toys are not perfect, yes.. they have missed some likeness over the course of their journey, put a very high price with such a few accs, and yet the loyalists are always defending them no matter what.
It is terrible thing because then there will be no effort from HT to fix it, and it's our loss.

However, to call their loyalists are the worst, that I disagree. I've faced asmus loyalists, (and we all know how shady asmus is..) but no matter what, they always praised and defend the shady company.

Interesting!
Do post pictures for us here.

I myself hope that you get the exact Hairyetta that george showed us on this thread!
Yeah I’ll post pics of mine when it arrives. I’m sure other pics will emerge before then.

Such a crazy mess with this figure. Not saying this is particularly bad but now the eyes are white and before they were black. More accurate of course but its like the minute you nail them down for one thing it changes to another. lol
From my understanding this pic of Deadite Ash sculpt was from the same group of pics with the concerning bald Henrietta. I havent seen any pics of black eyed sculpts yet.

Screenshot_20220114-085750_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-085758_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-085804_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-085813_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-085820_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-085830_Facebook.jpg

I wish the actual source of those pictures were posting them. I'd like to hear his or hers opinion on it as well. What group are these posted in?

I still think Hot Toys Loyalists are the worst. Company can do no wrong.
--

In the bigger picture if you can call it that, HOT TOYS > @$MU$.

That doesn't mean HT too is not without its history of production design and quality issues, but their track record is better than @$MU$.

As for "loyalists", you have a valid point. However, no need or sense to start a fight with them at this time. Unless y'all are aware of the crotch design they used for the just released Batgirl figure that doesn't appeal well visibly. Of course, that's another discussion altogether.

--

In the bigger picture if you can call it that, HOT TOYS > @$MU$.

That doesn't mean HT too is not without its history of production design and quality issues, but their track record is better than @$MU$.

As for "loyalists", you have a valid point. However, no need or sense to start a fight with them at this time. Unless y'all are aware of the crotch design they used for the just released Batgirl figure that doesn't appeal well visibly. Of course, that's another discussion altogether.
Oh there's no denying that HT is better than Asmus. Asmus is a wannabe HT company but they lack several things. But that's the crutch Asmus fan boys use to defend the company. But if you are wanting to strive to be something of quality then you're product needs to match said quality.

I have a dozen or so Asmus pieces and each have varying levels of QC. Some I feel are so close to being or standing next to HT pieces but fall short in some form or another. Their Crown Gandalf being one of them. Their Gimli. Their Frodo Slim V1. All excellent. But with every hit they have several misfires.

I don’t have a lot of experience with Asmus. I actually only recently pre-ordered my first figure with them (Bilbo, but I was looking at Ash too).

I feel like people are being pretty harsh on them. There are some obvious issues with this, but from what I’ve seen of their output they seem like a decent company to me. Especially at their price point, which is generally lower.

I also wouldn’t call them a wannabe Hot Toys. They’re a lot like an EXO-6 who’s main focus is on one franchise. Only difference is Asmus has branched off a little and added more licenses.

Last edited:
Those pics are from the same person who posted previous I'd wait to see a few more from others.
Yes, I know, but it was mentioned that the White eyed Deadite Ash sculpt was only shown after people complained about black eyes (which I haven't seen) and I was showing that the white eyes were with the original set of pics with the Henrietta.

Does anyone know or trust the source of the hairless Henrietta pics? Who's to say they don't have a bone to pick with Asmus and just removed the hair? If it's a trusted source, then disregard.

I'll grant that the paint does look subpar in the pic, but it's also not the greatest shot.

I don’t have a lot of experience with Asmus. I actually only pre-ordered my first figure with them (Bilbo, but I was looking at Ash too).

I feel like people are being pretty harsh on them. There are some obvious issues with this, but from what I’ve seen of their output they seem like a decent company to me. Especially at their price point, which is generally lower.

I also wouldn’t call them a wannabe Hot Toys. They’re a lot like an EXO-6 who’s main focus is on one franchise. Only difference is Asmus has branched off a little and added more license.
To be fair, pretty much every company since 1:6 has blown up are wannabe Hot Toys. 😀

Does anyone know or trust the source of the hairless Henrietta pics? Who's to say they don't have a bone to pick with Asmus and just removed the hair? If it's a trusted source, then disregard.

I'll grant that the paint does look subpar in the pic, but it's also not the greatest shot.
Even so, theres still the bait and switch Henrietta that Asmus themselves posted. So that sort of nullifies that theory. lol

I mentioned this awhile back. There are some Asmus haters that I could see doing this.

BUT, Asmus themselves have already confirmed that some of the Henriettas have gone out without hair. And I'm not too happy with the pain apps on the production piece either. It, as someone else mentioned, looks like a cake topper. Henrietta was an after thought with this set.

I mentioned this awhile back. There are some Asmus haters that I could see doing this.

BUT, Asmus themselves have already confirmed that some of the Henriettas have gone out without hair. And I'm not too happy with the pain apps on the production piece either. It, as someone else mentioned, looks like a cake topper. Henrietta was an after thought with this set.

Fair point.

I'm a little new to collecting, but I've witnessed other releases where collectors (perhaps unnecessarily) get whipped into a frenzy over poor pre-release pics. I hope one of my first purchases isn't a dud, LOL.

The more I see pictures of Ash, the more I dislike the figure in general, so I'm glad I asked to cancel. It's hilarious that Asmus are utterly dodging any questions about the luxury set and just constantly posting pictures of Ash. Nobody has been asking for pictures of Ash. We just want to see Henrietta and everything else (even me, as I'm still intrigued and thoroughly entertained by the controversy of this release, even after cancelling!)

There should be absolutely no difficulty at all in them taking a photo of the six Henrietta's they claim to have opened. I'm not convinced that the photos they've posted of Ash on the base are from a production set (It's that damn chainsaw! Why does the paintwork look so good on it, but completely absent of any blood/grime on the final pictures they originally posted)

Whoever keeps posting pictures of their in-hand luxury edition, I wish they'd post EVERYTHING in the set :ROFLMAO:

Asmus answered me yesterday confirming the bald henrietta and the replacement.
They only have shown pics of henrietta alone (wich pobrably is a prototype) or hidden in the picture with ash, also no deadite heads or any other parts is concerning, its at least concerning...

Back