Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the point of your fuss? And you get riled up if masses don’t follow or share your sense of entitlement?
It’s not like you need reddit threads for everything that hurts your feelings.
That’s what cancel culture has tought us to expect.
Man, you have the facts, some are still developing. Either wait to get the full picture or assess the info you have and make a choice with your wallet. And then move on with your life.
This is not about my feelings, is about common sense, im just surprised, people asked about facebook post, i just answer whats going on there, nothing else.
Its like selling a car without engine and the consumers being totally fine with it because i love the company.
This is not cancel culture, this is about a preorder and final product and how a company manage it, this is not a neca 30 dollar figure, this is a luxury set that cost 360 dollars, so to make a choice, having a forum thats following the case helps a lot, and also wanted to share my experience with them about the case.
So whats the point of your fuss? Having info of how it is going in their social media and how some fans are reacting also helps, if you dont like it just ignore it and move on with your life

Hot Toys misspelled "Battilion" on their 501st, they did nothing to make it right and people barely batted an eyelash. Asmus leaves out an "I" and everyone loses thier ****.

I've bought several figures from them and have been pretty happy w them, although I would agree they are not top tier to charge HT prices. I'm going to reserve such unbridled hatred (the the degree exhibited here by some is ridiculous) until there are more in-hand photos.

It's just a dolly folks....simmer down pot roast....

Hot Toys misspelled "Battilion" on their 501st, they did nothing to make it right and people barely batted an eyelash. Asmus leaves out an "I" and everyone loses thier ****.

I've bought several figures from them and have been pretty happy w them, although I would agree they are not top tier to charge HT prices. I'm going to reserve such unbridled hatred (the the degree exhibited here by some is ridiculous) until there are more in-hand photos.

You are confusing hate with concern, legit concern.
Ridiculous? Its not the misspelled name, its the henrietta lottery, how in the hell is possible to package and send henriettas with no hair and a ****** paint job? Its the giant glue drop they showed in the chainsaw, its the weird way to answer, posting close pics and not all together...
Just a dolly? Its a 350 luxury high end collectible that doesnt even have the name right in any of the boxes/base... There are reassons for concern

You are confusing hate with concern, legit concern.
Ridiculous? Its not the misspelled name, its the henrietta lottery, how in the hell is possible to package and send henriettas with no hair and a ****** paint job? Its the giant glue drop they showed in the chainsaw, its the weird way to answer, posting close pics and not all together...
Just a dolly? Its a 350 luxury high end collectible that doesnt even have the name right in any of the boxes/base... There are reassons for concern
well said, mate. (y)

Anyway, HT misspelled that one and noone batted an eye, is probably because they delivered the proper quality product. So people tolerated the misspelling. This release by asmus? so many questions and concerns about the product itself, with hairless henrietta, poor paintjob etc.

And in other cases, HT even send a new Tony Stark headsculpt, yes, an extra free headsculpt free of charge (and even free shipping) to answer people's concern and complaints about the existing headsculpt.. meanwhile, people on FB asked asmus to send a new nameplate.. and asmus didn't reply to any of them. They expected people to just slap the stickers on the misspelled nameplate and box.

In the Arwen thread, asmus rep offered to send the artbox, but we have to pay for the shipping. When asked if the artbox can be included to be shipped with other asmus product that we preordered, they said that is not possible due to the different size, etc. So many reasons, and not being responsible to fix their own mess.

Last edited:
269898778_1055167758615558_4228187090175546336_n.jpg

This head looks way too small for this neck.
This is CRAZY TOYS quality.

A once in a blue moon error like HT’s Battalion is not the same as multiple roll outs of releases riddled with issues.
HT’s quality control is generally on the ball. Asmus had messy releases for Gandalf, Arwen and now this.

This isn’t a $20 K-Mart “dolly”, it’s a $300+ item that isn’t deserving of it’s price tag based on these very embarrassing QC problems.

By all means though, talk yourself into thinking it’s worth your money. Asmus customers will clearly pay for any cobbled together mess.

There are 1:6 brands that have followers/loyal supporters with the same level of fanaticism and overzealousness in the same manner as those who defend and support "Scientology" that (IMHO) is not a religion, but a cult where they can do absolutely no wrong any criticism is considered trivial at best.

There are a few such posts/replies that matches the preceding, but all disagree to disagree even the perspective of is the final product "as is" worth the money spent.

Like buying a cheap and problematic pacemaker from a dubious medical company where it could and . . . kaput, but there will be those who'll see nothing wrong with that (i.e., it's not that bad, what's wrong with the shirt collar, etc.).

Not an ideal or perfect analogy, but how some explain away the difference could come across as disconcerting.

Of course, I digress.

View attachment 555893
This head looks way too small for this neck.
This is CRAZY TOYS quality.
(Not on the defense but...)
I've heard the head is:
Too big
Too narrow.
Too wide
And now Too small for this neck.

So which is it? 😆

And it's funny they claimed that Henrietta was a legit final product piece now, but yet again left her out of these pics Shand posted.

(Not on the defense but...)
I've heard the head is:
Too big
Too narrow.
Too wide
And now Too small for this neck.

So which is it? 😆

And it's funny they claimed that Henrietta was a legit final product piece now, but yet again left her out of these pics Shand posted.
Yeah I don’t know why he didn’t post pics of Henrietta it was the perfect opportunity to do it.
Least the base doesn’t look as **** as in those other pics.
Haha yeah the head has been every shape and size over the last few days.

There are 1:6 brands that have followers/loyal supporters with the same level of fanaticism and overzealousness in the same manner as those who defend and support "Scientology" that (IMHO) is not a religion, but a cult where they can do absolutely no wrong any criticism is considered trivial at best.

There are a few such posts/replies that matches the preceding, but all disagree to disagree even the perspective of is the final product "as is" worth the money spent.

Like buying a cheap and problematic pacemaker from a dubious medical company where it could and . . . kaput, but there will be those who'll see nothing wrong with that (i.e., it's not that bad, what's wrong with the shirt collar, etc.).

Not an ideal or perfect analogy, but how some explain away the difference could come across as disconcerting.

Of course, I digress.
I still think Hot Toys Loyalists are the worst. Company can do no wrong.

I still think Hot Toys Loyalists are the worst. Company can do no wrong.
I agree with you to a degree, Hot Toys are not perfect, yes.. they have missed some likeness over the course of their journey, put a very high price with such a few accs, and yet the loyalists are always defending them no matter what.
It is terrible thing because then there will be no effort from HT to fix it, and it's our loss.

However, to call their loyalists are the worst, that I disagree. I've faced asmus loyalists, (and we all know how shady asmus is..) but no matter what, they always praised and defend the shady company.
We’ll find out next week as mine is already on the way. Due next Wednesday but it might arrive on Tuesday.
Interesting!
Do post pictures for us here.

I myself hope that you get the exact Hairyetta that george showed us on this thread!

This pic is floating around. Make of it what you will.
Such a crazy mess with this figure. Not saying this is particularly bad but now the eyes are white and before they were black. More accurate of course but its like the minute you nail them down for one thing it changes to another. lol

Back