Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone looking for a new AOD sculpt there's an interest list up on the customs forum, it been there's since August and I only just noticed it

A little bit better
IMG_20230103_223527~2.jpg
IMG_20230103_223504.jpg
IMG_20230103_223246~2.jpg

Ooh. Very nice. Could you expound on the colors you may have mixed/or technique you used to create this?
Sure mate I used army painter zombie flesh as a wash with abit of red earth and burnt umber mixed mixed in I coated the whole hand in that a couple of times, then I used straight burnt umber as the last wash over the whole hand and then I wet a little bit of paper towel and wiped the high spots to take the paint off, for the blood I just used Tamiya clear red and since the hand has some black blood on it I put a little black wash around the wound were ash stabs it with a knife, for the bones I cut the very tips off so they were flat at the ends and dug holes in them with an exacto knife and used army painter skeleton bone for them and I used the same for the nails then put a brownish yellow wash over them and added a little bit of very watered down burnt umber were the nail starts, also you're ash looks awesome mate great job don't forget to cut the right side of his collar 👍
IMG_20221226_214727.jpg
it hangs at the back
IMG_20221226_220354.jpg

Last edited:
Sure mate I used army painter zombie flesh as a wash with abit of red earth and burnt umber mixed mixed in I coated the whole hand in that a couple of times, then I used straight burnt umber as the last wash over the whole hand and then I wet a little bit of paper towel and wiped the high spots to take the paint off, for the blood I just used Tamiya clear red and since the hand has some black blood on it I put a little black wash around the wound were ash stabs it with a knife, for the bones I cut the very tips off so they were flat at the ends and dug holes in them with an exacto knife and used army painter skeleton bone for them and I used the same for the nails then put a brownish yellow wash over them and added a little bit of very watered down burnt umber were the nail starts, also you're ash looks awesome mate great job don't forget to cut the right side of his collar 👍

Hey man, thanks so much for the detailed explanation in your post. I appreciate it. Also, thanks for the kind words! I'll do the collar mod this weekend. It'll give me something to do! :) Im not much of a proper customizer. I'm very workmanlike, I guess? As far as accuracy goes I use it more as a guideline in which I follow to a point but put my own twist on it rather than getting every detail right. I just want something I like to look at rather than nailing every nuance. Also, I have all the paints you mention in your post but the zombie flesh. Is this the correct one you're talking about?

armypainterzombieflesh2.jpg

Hey man, thanks so much for the detailed explanation in your post. I appreciate it. Also, thanks for the kind words! I'll do the collar mod this weekend. It'll give me something to do! :) Im not much of a proper customizer. I'm very workmanlike, I guess? As far as accuracy goes I use it more as a guideline in which I follow to a point but put my own twist on it rather than getting every detail right. I just want something I like to look at rather than nailing every nuance. Also, I have all the paints you mention in your post but the zombie flesh. Is this the correct one you're talking about?

View attachment 616647
No worries ! Yeah mate that's it just add a smidge of red earth and burnt umber until you're happy with the color, then turn it into a wash Also if you end up doing a straight burnt umber wash last like I did make it extremely watery so shades of the previous color are a little visible, please share pics of how you go 👍

No worries ! Yeah mate that's it just add a smidge of red earth and burnt umber until you're happy with the color, then turn it into a wash Also if you end up doing a straight burnt umber wash last like I did make it extremely watery so shades of the previous color are a little visible, please share pics of how you go 👍

Will do! Also, i just realized that's for airbrush. I've only ever used regular old acrylic paint with brushes. Will it be a problem to use this paint as I would all my other paints?

Will do! Also, i just realized that's for airbrush. I've only ever used regular old acrylic paint with brushes. Will it be a problem to use this paint as I would all my other paints?
Yep should be fine mate some airbrush paints have more pigments in them to cover an area evenly after being thinned for airbrushing they can also have a more watery/thin consistency compared to regular acrylics which is no biggie cause it's for a wash.

Last edited:
also you're ash looks awesome mate great job don't forget to cut the right side of his collar 👍View attachment 616643it hangs at the backView attachment 616644

I'm having a hard time getting a good look at it. Tbh, I didn't even know it was torn. I just thought one side was pulled down and folded or bunched up from sweat and fighting. Did you do this mod to your figure? Would you mind taking a pic? Thanks.

I'm having a hard time getting a good look at it. Tbh, I didn't even know it was torn. I just thought one side was pulled down and folded or bunched up from sweat and fighting. Did you do this mod to your figure? Would you mind taking a pic? Thanks.
Sure mate here ya go, Hopefully this helps cause my photo skills suck lol
IMG_20220404_191152_HDR.jpg

All I have left on my asmus figure that's from asmus is the boots and base 😅 does that still count as the asmus figure if it's displayed on the base tho ?
IMG_20230218_225540~2.jpg

We are now taking orders for the Evil Dead 2 version of the Necronomicon sculpted by Kyall Bowen casted/painted by Petespaintworks.

Her are the options:

Blank (hard or rubber cast) $100 inc postage

Painted hard resin book with faux pages $150 inc postage

There is an option for a rubber book with screen accurate pages prices at around $200 but depends on interest. Please contact Pete's Paintworks for more info and please remember when paying to send as gift or include 5% to cover fees

received_585380853473188.jpeg
received_804282791010693.jpeg
received_282216817708143.jpeg
received_1537149616815883.jpeg
received_993383345031463.jpeg
received_721098703358987.jpeg
comparison with betos amazing sculpt
received_964892454747492.jpg

Last edited:
Back