Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in January they got the faulty luxury editions, and sent an invoice. So i messaged them saying "I don't wanna pay for a bald Henrietta, can you open it up and check it first?" and they replied "We will check before we post it, after you pay". So i paid, and then i got a message saying "Asmus are sending replacement versions in a few weeks". Then i sent a message every month asking "any update yet?" and it's always "we expect them next month"... So i paid the full price 5 month ago now and i am still waiting.
Something about all that seems sketchy

Considering the correctly haired/improved Henrietta and name stickers come in an entirely different box there really isn't an excuse to hold up the delivery. It isn't like they are actually swapping anything or even opening any boxes. Mine came through sideshow and the two boxes arrived different days. They should quit screwing around and send what they have, then send the improved/correct when it shows up.

Considering the correctly haired/improved Henrietta and name stickers come in an entirely different box there really isn't an excuse to hold up the delivery. It isn't like they are actually swapping anything or even opening any boxes. Mine came through sideshow and the two boxes arrived different days. They should quit screwing around and send what they have, then send the improved/correct when it shows up.
They sent the separate boxes for orders shipped prior to the whole QC dust up. Asmus claimed very few units went out with hairless Henrietta, but the truth is they shipped their entire SS order very early on, and took forever sending the box with the new bust and stickers. That's why SS took forever to ship to customers. They had the figures all along, but they were waiting for the little boxes to arrive as well, months later. So the bulk of people who received the little box are SS customers, and everything since the QC thing blew up have shipped with "corrections" already made, supposedly. Such a mismanaged mess.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered the standard at PopCultcha. He was still at a reduced pre-order price and I had some pennies, so bugger it! The Dean Knight video that showed him with some simple 5 o'clock shadow and a bit more grunge tipped me over the edge. I'm currently making a chainsaw hand prop so I'm in a bit of an ED mood. :)

9A31F022-A605-4FA7-BBFC-3B5C508B473B.jpeg

A bit sad and irked that Asmus didn't make the chainsaw more accurate. They went with a ****** useless gimick which ruins it because the saw blade is flimsy. Also there really wasn't a need for the blade to be metal it just adds unnecessary weight to it. I wish they would make a upgrade pack, new chainsaw, head sculpts, new harness maybe even a better scaled shotgun or even add the axe. Never liked when a company gets a liecense to something they don't care about. Smh

I ignored the suspicious cc invoice and they were asking for more money for shipping. Nope, you can have my deposit of 20 bucks. I just bought the regular edition locally.

The discount is good, but living in CA. the fun of the discount is negated when shipping is more than the discount and taxes are just as bad. I know the box doesn't affect the figure, but knowing that it's damaged and then seeing what you still paid for it, with the discount, sours it just a tad more. Ah, the dilemmas of a first world country. I can't get the discount I want for a $200+ dolly.
Taxes is what really stops me from buying figures more. It kills. Buying something for 300 then taxes and shipping bring it past $350.

That extra 50 stings. Buy it new taxed, buy the same product that was taxed already, used, tax again. It just stings.

Found a great deal on a modified ash on Facebook and honestly I love it. Ash has long been missing from my collection. Weathered and on a JX01. My complaints are the same that everyone has. the chainsaw happy meal gimmick boggles my mind. The saw not sitting straight without pulling the string really irks me
41A63E18-919B-4504-94E3-571D93395D91.jpeg

Now to try to find a deluxe base and Henrietta…

I have extra an Evil Ash heads and extra regular head and extra shirts. Going to do a custom. When it's done, I expect to create 4 different Ashes.

Found a great deal on a modified ash on Facebook and honestly I love it. Ash has long been missing from my collection. Weathered and on a JX01. My complaints are the same that everyone has. the chainsaw happy meal gimmick boggles my mind. The saw not sitting straight without pulling the string really irks me View attachment 584820

Now to try to find a deluxe base and Henrietta…

He looks good. It's awesome you found what you wanted at a reduced price, too. 🙂 I did the same and love mine, too. I still plan on making a new harness for him one of these days.

20220228_091228.jpg

I trust KGHOBBY, bought countless figures from them. It's just annoying that there is still no update. Like, how long does it take for Asmus to stick some hair on?

I've been waiting on KGHobby to send me an invoice for my GameToys Cloud Strife for a few weeks now. I asked twice for them to send me an invoice for the shipping and it took two weeks for them to respond. Now, since they've said "we will send you an invoice" it's been another two weeks and still no invoice.

They've been around forever so I know they're reputable. I've placed a few orders with them over the past few years, but this has been beyond frustrating for me, since economy shipping has been shut down. I know that's not their fault, but the fact that it's taken them over a month just to send me an invoice is definitely on them.

At this point, I'm worried that they sold my figure instead of holding on to it.

I've been waiting on KGHobby to send me an invoice for my GameToys Cloud Strife for a few weeks now. I asked twice for them to send me an invoice for the shipping and it took two weeks for them to respond. Now, since they've said "we will send you an invoice" it's been another two weeks and still no invoice.

They've been around forever so I know they're reputable. I've placed a few orders with them over the past few years, but this has been beyond frustrating for me, since economy shipping has been shut down. I know that's not their fault, but the fact that it's taken them over a month just to send me an invoice is definitely on them.

At this point, I'm worried that they sold my figure instead of holding on to it.
I buy lots of this. I ordered Starship Trooper from Toys Wonderland month ago. Something went wrong and they never shipped. Contacted then, 2 days ago, then this morning they sent it., They didn't explain what went wrong but decided to ship it finally.

He looks good. It's awesome you found what you wanted at a reduced price, too. 🙂 I did the same and love mine, too. I still plan on making a new harness for him one of these days.
That Ash looks sick. I really enjoy customs. I am not the best, but sometimes you find nice stuff cheaper and slightly better than the original release.

I still have bit put together my 3 Ashes...Asmus. brought out parts, just have to locate it.

That Ash looks sick. I really enjoy customs. I am not the best, but sometimes you find nice stuff cheaper and slightly better than the original release.

I still have bit put together my 3 Ashes...Asmus. brought out parts, just have to locate it.

Thank for the compliment! When it comes to customizing things I'm very workman like. I'm not very good, but its enough to make myself happy and keep this hobby fun. Part of the problem of course is that I'm color blind so i can only do so much without help. 🙂

I sent them my monthly message last week and they FINALLY had the improved Ash's in stock, so mine is currently on the way.

Back