Asmus Toys: Eowyn in Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone considering selling their Eowyn? Or any info about where to find her? Thank you!

I recently bought a brand new Eowyn from Comicave in Dubai. Price was better than a lot of people selling her second hand so I absolutely went for it!

She is a lot better in hand than the images I had seen online, but as with most older models some of the pleather has peeled slightly and one side of her helmet strap had fallen away from the glue.

Any advice on how best to replace or reattach these in a clean and effective way?

I have sent Asmus an email about her and my Slim Frodo, as both have pleather problems. I'm hopefully they may be able to send replacements!

122588054_10157603380627423_4974587425716111054_o.jpg

122461767_10157603380662423_8443978979425605609_o.jpg

Asmus has re-visited and re-issued many characters, and in some cases made improvements on re-issue, such as on Gimli, Gothmog and I believe Merry and Pippin. There's been a lot of people wanting a new Eowyn and I'm sure Asmus will get to her. Either a shieldmaiden figure or a Rohan armor setup with a new sculpt would be great.

I believe it was stated Gimli has new and improved chainmail (and maybe one other thing?) on the re-release figure. It was discussed like 2-3 months ago in the Gimli thread.

I believe it was stated Gimli has new and improved chainmail (and maybe one other thing?) on the re-release figure. It was discussed like 2-3 months ago in the Gimli thread.
Yeah... But from what I've read the improvement was never confirmed... No pictures or official confirmation...

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

e113.jpg

e212.jpg

e312.jpg

e412.jpg

e511.jpg

e611.jpg

The end of a long quest ... finally she is mine
Beautiful pictures! And congrats! I'd love to own her, have pretty much given up - she's hard to find.
Cheer myself up tho with WETA's Eowyn.
I wish ASMUS would revisit Eowyn tho.

Yeah... But from what I've read the improvement was never confirmed... No pictures or official confirmation...

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk
I could have sworn I saw pictures of Gimli with a different fabric armor than the 2 that I own, even remember that I was happy with what I have.

Excellent pics Pizza! :clap It‘s always great when you finally manage to track down that elusive piece - so congrats on getting her.

I too am hoping Asmus revisit the character in the future. :pray: She is a character I would very much like to have in my collection.

I could have sworn I saw pictures of Gimli with a different fabric armor than the 2 that I own, even remember that I was happy with what I have.
I can confirm that the re-release/restock Gimlis had “improved” chain mail.
I purchased 2 of the original release, then purchased a 3rd from BBTS when they had him back up for pre-order. When it arrived it did indeed have different, more flexible chain mail.

I can confirm that the re-release/restock Gimlis had “improved” chain mail.
I purchased 2 of the original release, then purchased a 3rd from BBTS when they had him back up for pre-order. When it arrived it did indeed have different, more flexible chain mail.
here is the "improved" version of chain mail on Gimli.

Back