Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't buy figures without some research. It's not a terrible figure, its really good, looking forward to getting it in hand. Only drawback is the weird neck solution but you can mitigate it. Hoping against hope down the road we'll get Gil-Galad and/or Elendil as well. Sauron is apparently in the works..
Yes he is! Since Elrond rolled in today (and kudos to ASMUS for outstanding packing and service and shipping, unlike my *pricey* Mando statue with the gouge in the shipping box:stick(Popcultcha)

And overall, I would have been really upset down the road if I saw this is person and he was out of reach. ASMUS is so awesome. It's like having characters come to life in 3D while not completely destroying the budget.
:blissy:blissy:blissy

ASMUS_Elrond1.jpg

ASMUS_Elrond 2.jpg

Just another happy ASMUS customer who wishes they had more money so they could army build! Diecast sword, great sculpt and paint, Elrond is another winner.:clap

Yes he is! Since Elrond rolled in today (and kudos to ASMUS for outstanding packing and service and shipping, unlike my *pricey* Mando statue with the gouge in the shipping box:stick(Popcultcha)

And overall, I would have been really upset down the road if I saw this is person and he was out of reach. ASMUS is so awesome. It's like having characters come to life in 3D while not completely destroying the budget.
:blissy:blissy:blissy

View attachment 536021

View attachment 536022

Just another happy ASMUS customer who wishes they had more money so they could army build! Diecast sword, great sculpt and paint, Elrond is another winner.:clap
Great heroic pose! What’s the display stand from? I have some pet shop diorama pieces mostly for SW.

Elrond looks great. I ordered mine well before you and they haven't even shipped it yet, says it apparently takes two weeks to generate a fedex shipping slip that I have to pay more for what apparently is a lot slower shipping or risk my package not reaching its destination. I get the pandemic messes things up but paying more for slower shipping is not my idea of fun even tho they offer to pay half of it. My country isn't even on the list of places with shipping issues, had shipments from both mainland China and Australia arrive recently no problems. Good figures but I'm never ordering direct from Asmus site again.

Elrond looks great. I ordered mine well before you and they haven't even shipped it yet, says it apparently takes two weeks to generate a fedex shipping slip that I have to pay more for what apparently is a lot slower shipping or risk my package not reaching its destination. I get the pandemic messes things up but paying more for slower shipping is not my idea of fun even tho they offer to pay half of it. My country isn't even on the list of places with shipping issues, had shipments from both mainland China and Australia arrive recently no problems. Good figures but I'm never ordering direct from Asmus site again.
That’s too bad I’ve ordered over a dozen times from Asmus directly and they are 3/4 time lightning fast to the US at least.

Great heroic pose! What’s the display stand from? I have some pet shop diorama pieces mostly for SW.
Thank you! Luv luv this fig. Terrific sculpt and eye work; great pain, even the skirt is lined and the metal sword has the runes. Would've really regretted this one coz it's, well, Elrond...."Men....men are weak";)

The stand is from Monkey Depot from the Lucifer 1/6 dark elf - I just ditch the railing and maybe someday will repaint to look like battered marble or fill the 2 holes in the stand (for the railing) with a rock or something. It's been remarkably useful for any Middle Earth fig and doesn't take up too much space. Solid resin polystone except the railing. MD shipping can be kinda high, but they are awesome about packing. Plus you can orient it any way you like. (Not to go on and on, but there's another version of the stand around with some resin koi fish, so you can use the two pieces together or separate, but MD doesn't seem to have that other version at the moment. I have both but using the 2 together takes a lot of space up. There's some play sand filling the holes at the moment:legolas)
Monkey Depot - Display: Lucifer Field Stair Platform

Am sorry to hear it as I have been ecstatic about the shipping:clap - well packed, fast, and I get a box with cool stamps (tho I don't collect stamps). But I am U.S. and stuff is coming from USPS after reaching this country. But here I have noticed UPS and FedEx - especially UPS - are a lot slower than they used to be. Even Amazon is slower than it used to be:cry:. Haven't heard a peep about my Gandalf via SSC, so I am thinking of ordering Legolas directly from ASMUS. I would have had Gandalf by now. I know it isn't SSC's fault tho, everything is so messed up and then in the U.S. anyway a lot of folks quit their jobs. Plus Covid is exploding here. It's a mess.:(

Last edited:
Yeah I should kept my mouth shut and not asked for faster shipping I guess :)

I really would like to see this version in 1/6 scale

Attachments

• D9ABF022-27DD-4DC1-9684-AB460C351F1F.png
    D9ABF022-27DD-4DC1-9684-AB460C351F1F.png
    750 KB · Views: 45
I really liked his Hobbit armor, that would look really good as a figure...although if there was to be another Elrond figure made I'd prefer it to be of him in his Rivendell council robes.

They have said they don't sell as well, but they haven't said they've officially stopped development. In fact, they've said a few times that they were planning for maybe some more dwarves. I would still expect LOTR to make up the majority of the line, but a Hobbit figure sprinkled in from time seems reasonable.

They have said they don't sell as well, but they haven't said they've officially stopped development. In fact, they've said a few times that they were planning for maybe some more dwarves. I would still expect LOTR to make up the majority of the line, but a Hobbit figure sprinkled in from time seems reasonable.
Well, believe at one point they said Galadriel wasn't selling that well either. Feels like things don't sell fast enough for ASMUS, but on the customer side - lol I just got outbid for a WETA Hobbit piece.

Far as I can tell, everything ASMUS does sells out, because they don't do big runs. Another reason I grabbed Elrond this summer - I got spooked thinking about once they're gone, they're gone, except for puffed-up Ebay prices:horror. IF a figure is even put up, or a legitimate auction.

At least Radagast the brown

That is probably the one figure they could make that I would actually pass on. I did not like that portrayal at all. I never got that foolish of an impression of him from the books.
That’s the most figure that I want from the Hobbit trilogy

That is probably the one figure they could make that I would actually pass on. I did not like that portrayal at all. I never got that foolish of an impression of him from the books.
I didn't either; nor did I see Gimli as a figure of fun as portrayed at times in LOTR.

Maybe it's just what Boyens said - they didn't want another wise old man wizard like Gandalf or Saruman.

I think Jackson & co. went overboard; but I'd still like to see what ASMUS would do with the costume.

Back