Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see, Faramir was released in June/July 2020 so about a year and a half which I believe is still very recent. Yet there are many other figures I named that are older releases (2016 etc.) with way more outdated head sculpt than Faramir except for the Gimli (but he could use chainmail upgrade)
View attachment 547074View attachment 547075

However, this thread is about Elrond so I guess we should not really change the topic to the other characters. I agree that Elrond head sculpt is fairly decent and does not need an immediate upgrade but I was talking about another outfit, not a new head sculpt.

Cheers
Oh god, please don’t remind me with Tauriel abomination

Guys we won’t get Council Elrond from FOTR because he has a crown. I’m just being realistic plus Arwen needs someone to pose with and Anduril is already being made. Everyone assumes it would come with Black Gate Aragorn and he may but it could come with ROTK Elrond first.
It would seem that Asmus aren’t confident in making these thin, intricate crowns from metal but, seeing as Elrond is always wearing it in the Council Robes, the crown could just be part of the sculpt. Of course that would mean Asmus couldn’t reuse the Prologue mold.

It would seem that Asmus aren’t confident in making these thin, intricate crowns from metal but, seeing as Elrond is always wearing it in the Council Robes, the crown could just be part of the sculpt. Of course that would mean Asmus couldn’t reuse the Prologue mold.
Yes, the crown could be part of the mold (Sculpt) like Hot Toys Wanda Vision

I'm not sure I buy the idea that Elrond's crown would be too hard to produce. True, Arwen's coronation crown was too intricate ... but that thing is all filigree and delicate chains and would be hard to reproduce at 1/1, let alone 1/6 ... but Elrond's isn't nearly that complicated. They managed to do Thranduil's. And with Galadriel, we were asking that they throw in a crown after they had already started production of the figure without it. So maybe that was a situation where they could have made it (heck, Toy Biz managed to do one 20 years ago) but maybe they didn't have the time or resources to do it at that point in the schedule. Maybe?

Plus, it doesn't have to be metal. It could be done in plastic or another material that's easier to work with than metal?

Admittedly, I don't know much about the behind-the-scenes processes of collectibles production, but I feel like we've seen more delicate and detailed accessories with other figures?

All that to say, I'd love to see a Council Elrond with robes and crown!

Last edited:
I almost forget the silliest part of the White Council attack on Dol Guldur. In reality they would have a small force or army of Elves to accompany/support the Council. I get the movie didn’t want to complicate matters since we already have seen Rivendell knights/guards and then Mirkwood Infantry and Palace guards in the Hobbit trilogy by that point. They could have brought the same Galadhrim from TTT or just reuse the Rivendell knights.

Back