Action Figure Asmus Toys Devil May Cry 5 Nero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WFn2Vtg.jpg

The best coat color I think is Sentinel.

Asmus is not blue, and the color is too light.
The color I wanted was dark blue. OTL
I think the color is different in separate moments in the game. Asmus isn't bad but i agree it should have been dark blue almost navy it's not until the end of the game were it's a little lighter due to wear.

WFn2Vtg.jpg

The best coat color I think is Sentinel.

Asmus is not blue, and the color is too light.
The color I wanted was dark blue. OTL

Looking at your photos I am blown away, I will agree, the weapons should have been the same size as the old figure's those are much more accurate, but it's tolerable, something they should fix for the future. As for the coat, it's rough, I think asmus is pretty accurate because the blue on it is washed out in some shots, and fuller in some others I think prime1 got it the closest, but this is a non issue to me compared to the weapons. his red sweater and white sweater seem a little short, can they go further down or no?

biggest issue is the headsculpt, beside the promo images and the otehr takes it looks close, but soemthing is off, and I don't know what. Certainly the hair a bit, maybe it's the skintone? What's your take Tryvor7, and also where'd you get it from?

Looking at your photos I am blown away, I will agree, the weapons should have been the same size as the old figure's those are much more accurate, but it's tolerable, something they should fix for the future. As for the coat, it's rough, I think asmus is pretty accurate because the blue on it is washed out in some shots, and fuller in some others I think prime1 got it the closest, but this is a non issue to me compared to the weapons. his red sweater and white sweater seem a little short, can they go further down or no?

biggest issue is the headsculpt, beside the promo images and the otehr takes it looks close, but soemthing is off, and I don't know what. Certainly the hair a bit, maybe it's the skintone? What's your take Tryvor7, and also where'd you get it from?

A6qeHKI.jpg

a7M1Vu4.jpg

This is the maximum length of a sweater.
I think it's because Nero's upper body is short. This is also a body problem.

I think the biggest problem with headsclupt is facial expressions.
It would have been better if it had frowned a little more or something.

Also, the headsclupt is slightly larger than the previous characters.
I don't know why...

And last, I lived in Korea,
so I received it through the Korean procurement services site.

I don't know which site the procurement services used. :)

A6qeHKI.jpg

a7M1Vu4.jpg

I don't know why...

Alright, so you think it might be the expression and the head size? Maybe, I too wish he was smirking like Nero does most of the game, least on 5 Nero. I am begining to agree with you about the asmus type bodies being a bit lacking, thankfully it's the easiest thing to swap out. How are the boots? As stretchy as dmc3 Dante?

A6qeHKI.jpg

a7M1Vu4.jpg

I don't know why...

I wonder if the devil breaker can be removed from the body because switching out the body is definitely something I'm considering.

The wait for this is killing me, he was supposed to be out before DevilMayCry 3 Dante, salivating every time i check my email for the payment request!

The wait for this is killing me, he was supposed to be out before DevilMayCry 3 Dante, salivating every time i check my email for the payment request!

Haha, I am in exactly the same place. Waiting for that email!

Got my Nero not too long ago and I dig him. There?s the issues we all noticed before so nothing comes as a surprise. The outfit is great and the accessories are awesome. The weapons are underscaled but it?s fine. It?s off by a few centimeters. My only real gripe is the materials they used to cast the headsculpt in. It looks a lot more plasticy than whatever they used previously so he gets a weird shine to him in some lights.

I hated the soft hands at first but then I realized you could actually get his fingers to grip the ?brake? handle bar on Red Queen so I changed my mind haha.

Also the coat is indeed blue it just really depends on what lighting your in. I was able to pull out the blue with this lighting setup without any photoshopping. It?s also semi-accurate to the game as he progresses, his cost gets dirtier resulting in a less blue more grey tone. So I?ll just look at it that way.

E72A1700-E2BE-4141-A75B-5DC63C87B3DE.jpg

Fantastic photo! Love how you lit him.

My only real gripe is the materials they used to cast the headsculpt in. It looks a lot more plasticy than whatever they used previously so he gets a weird shine to him in some lights.
View attachment 478580

Yeah, this is the first of their line that I feel his face is kind of off for reasons I can't articulate fully. Something about the paint or texture just doesn't seem quite there...? Maybe you're onto something about the material used for it...

Got my Nero not too long ago and I dig him. There?s the issues we all noticed before so nothing comes as a surprise. The outfit is great and the accessories are awesome. The weapons are underscaled but it?s fine. It?s off by a few centimeters. My only real gripe is the materials they used to cast the headsculpt in. It looks a lot more plasticy than whatever they used previously so he gets a weird shine to him in some lights.

I hated the soft hands at first but then I realized you could actually get his fingers to grip the ?brake? handle bar on Red Queen so I changed my mind haha.

Also the coat is indeed blue it just really depends on what lighting your in. I was able to pull out the blue with this lighting setup without any photoshopping. It?s also semi-accurate to the game as he progresses, his cost gets dirtier resulting in a less blue more grey tone. So I?ll just look at it that way.

View attachment 478580

God it looks great, no notification from sideshow, hope the virus outbreak hasn't slowed his shipping schedule. I can't fault them for the blue on his coat, it's that weird navy blue that depends highly on the environment you shoot him in, so it's close enough.

how is the head compared to DMC3 Dante, the same?

Didn't they say they used a face model provided by Capcom themselves?
I believe they said a composite between the capcom model and their actual sculptor.

Fantastic photo! Love how you lit him.

Yeah, this is the first of their line that I feel his face is kind of off for reasons I can't articulate fully. Something about the paint or texture just doesn't seem quite there...? Maybe you're onto something about the material used for it...

Thank you! :)

Yeah I'm sure what it is. Previous sculpts were more Matte, this has a shine to it almost like it's the same plastic the casted the arms in which has a similar shine...

Something like that. I think they were provided a lot of digital resources and references which the sculptor used.

God it looks great, no notification from sideshow, hope the virus outbreak hasn't slowed his shipping schedule. I can't fault them for the blue on his coat, it's that weird navy blue that depends highly on the environment you shoot him in, so it's close enough.

how is the head compared to DMC3 Dante, the same?

I believe they said a composite between the capcom model and their actual sculptor.

When I order direct from Asmus, its shipped from Taiwan, so you may get lucky and it wont be affected by the outbreak. They may redirect mass shipments to china and then ship from there but i have no idea. Hopefully not!

And yep it's a very color changing blue haha but theres definitely blue in the fabric.

I think sculpt wise Nero's head is more accurate than what we got with Dante but the quality of the casting is not as good. It lacks some of the texture Dante had as well as the paint apps being subpar.

Yeah, they did say that. I think they used the in-game model heavily. I don't even think it's the sculpt really. It might be a combination of the subdued expression and the colour of it? ... I'll make the decision when I get mine in hand, but I'm extremely tempted to try repainting mine. It's really tough to specify, but the likeness isn't fully there for me. Still hyped to get mine either way though!

Yeah, they did say that. I think they used the in-game model heavily. I don't even think it's the sculpt really. It might be a combination of the subdued expression and the colour of it? ... I'll make the decision when I get mine in hand, but I'm extremely tempted to try repainting mine. It's really tough to specify, but the likeness isn't fully there for me. Still hyped to get mine either way though!

I still think it's the hair color more than anything. Eyebrows are a big identifier of a face, and changing those tend to change how you perceive a whole person's face. Nero's brows are incredibly light to being barely there when they're white, and I think the grey makes it so they are more prominent than they normally would be.

Anybody get any shipping notifications or is everything still tied up by corona.

Back