Action Figure Asmus Toys Devil May Cry 5 Nero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Directly from Asmus, pretty much as soon as they announced I put the pre-order down.

Directly from Asmus, pretty much as soon as they announced I put the pre-order down.

ah, should've done that myself then, I bought him from asmus originally but moved my order. Seems like it's better to do it directly if you want them sooner.

Eager to share some out of the box pictures! Asmus really out did themselves with the Devil Breakers for this figure. Overture is stunning! The individually moving parts all move very smoothly on it and stay in place where you have posed them. The Buster arm has moving parts, but could tend to pop off more easily. Looks great, just needs a bit of care. The other arms move at the wrist only, which I was pleasantly surprised about as I expected just one fully casted immovable piece for them. I love the details on the coat, the buckles, zips, and buttons all look accurate and are done well. I'm not unhappy with the colour, but it does have some purple tones to it so your mileage may vary.

Overall I am very pleased, I think this figure is amazing with the weapons and devil breakers he comes with! The figure is worth it for any fan of DMC5 just for the care taken in recreating Overture alone.

I was considering giving his face a repaint, but honestly in hand his face looks good. I get he dilemma of his face being potentially quite pale, so his eyebrows are darker, which gives him a bit of a 'cartoony' suggestion, but in person this doesn't have the same effect as in photos. I could just as easily live with leaving it as it is too. If I get hold of a second head on the second hand market, I'll definitely repaint it, but as I'm happy to live with his current one, I'm not going to risk it without a spare.

Overall I am very pleased, I think this figure is amazing with the weapons and devil breakers he comes with! The figure is worth it for any fan of DMC5 just for the care taken in recreating Overture alone.

I was considering giving his face a repaint, but honestly in hand his face looks good. I get he dilemma of his face being potentially quite pale, so his eyebrows are darker, which gives him a bit of a 'cartoony' suggestion, but in person this doesn't have the same effect as in photos. I could just as easily live with leaving it as it is too. If I get hold of a second head on the second hand market, I'll definitely repaint it, but as I'm happy to live with his current one, I'm not going to risk it without a spare.

Oh Buster arm XD That's what I've been through, too.
I thought that part could move. But it wasn't, and as a result it broke.

It is only Overture that actually works. :p

And I agree with you about repainting. It will make it better,
but it is somewhat satisfactory as it is.

I wish there were alternate faces included like a smirking one. I PO'd Dante but I'm not sure about Nero. Another thing I'd like is having poseability which the 1000Toys do really well. Different scale and lots of tradeoffs of course but those are really fun to handle.

Oh Buster arm XD That's what I've been through, too.
I thought that part could move. But it wasn't, and as a result it broke.

It is only Overture that actually works. :p

Yeah, so easily done as it looks so movable haha! Luckily it pops back in okay for now, but does fall out again with the slightest breeze :p

And I agree with you about repainting. It will make it better,
but it is somewhat satisfactory as it is.

nerocomparison.jpg

Since comparing him again with the original promotional images, I am so tempted to repaint not because it's unsatisfactory, but that it is quite clear the mould of the head is the exact same from the promo pics, just the paint is different... so I feel like the promise from the promo pics is really in reach haha!

@Bleach Completely agree about the smirk! The 1000toys Nero is on my list to get just because his angry face, although stylised, is so good!

Yeah, so easily done as it looks so movable haha! Luckily it pops back in okay for now, but does fall out again with the slightest breeze :p

View attachment 480106

Since comparing him again with the original promotional images, I am so tempted to repaint not because it's unsatisfactory, but that it is quite clear the mould of the head is the exact same from the promo pics, just the paint is different... so I feel like the promise from the promo pics is really in reach haha!

@Bleach Completely agree about the smirk! The 1000toys Nero is on my list to get just because his angry face, although stylised, is so good!

Man, his skin tone looks completely gone, which is something DMC3 Dante still had, I'm liking the in hand pics better, but I would've paid a few bucks more for a better head and a smirking face. Still, looking forward to getting him whenever sideshow gets their stock finally, been waiting FOREVER for this guy!

View attachment 480106

You'll enjoy the 1000toys. The lack of paint on the face kinda makes it look like a Ken doll on that photo. :/ The plain facial expression seems to take away Nero's smug personality.

Mine finally arrived yesterday. I love this DMC line and can't wait to get the other figures when they come out.

nyfryNn.jpg
zWXZpZy.jpg
5LcfVTC.jpg

Last edited:
901.jpg
903.jpg
904.jpg
905.jpg
908.jpg

Got him last week, havent really did much with him. I like him, and once Dante is released it will make him look better. As a stand alone, im not overly sold as his lack of facial expression does urk me. It leads to uninspired poses because theres no point in doing wild stanced slashing or jumping as it doesnt match his mood. The jacket id argue is not blue. I mean, i do " see " it in person a bit but i also see purple in certain lighting and grey 95% of the time. If i didnt know it was supposed to be blue id swear it was grey.

If you are on the fence about buying it, id lean towards do buy it. It is nice. You have the choice of 3 arms or no arm, blue rose in hand with red queen on his back or holding red queen. So there is display options, just not when it comes to dynamic posing.

Got him last week, havent really did much with him. I like him, and once Dante is released it will make him look better. As a stand alone, im not overly sold as his lack of facial expression does urk me. It leads to uninspired poses because theres no point in doing wild stanced slashing or jumping as it doesnt match his mood. The jacket id argue is not blue. I mean, i do " see " it in person a bit but i also see purple in certain lighting and grey 95% of the time. If i didnt know it was supposed to be blue id swear it was grey.

If you are on the fence about buying it, id lean towards do buy it. It is nice. You have the choice of 3 arms or no arm, blue rose in hand with red queen on his back or holding red queen. So there is display options, just not when it comes to dynamic posing.

Yeah this guy is on the bottom of the list for me. Gotta get that DMC 3 Vergil then DMC 5 Dante and Vergil first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there ever a side by side of the in game model for red queen and the one we got? I know Blue Rose is undersized, but still. Aside from that, been very confused about the figure, I have him, I like him, but he varies heavily from picture to picture to where something looks off and I can't quite figure out what, I would however pay more for a smirking head.

Was there ever a side by side of the in game model for red queen and the one we got? I know Blue Rose is undersized, but still. Aside from that, been very confused about the figure, I have him, I like him, but he varies heavily from picture to picture to where something looks off and I can't quite figure out what, I would however pay more for a smirking head.
The sword is indeed undersized also. The blade is longer. It's ment to be similar in size to rebellion but it's shorter like a one handed short sword rather then a great sword.

Is that still the JXS03 body for Dante there tryvor7?

Also really considering getting that Nero especially cause I have that same Megaman lol

Yup, still the JXS03 body. And I think this body fits best. :)

In the case of Mega Buster, I was so surprised that it fit perfectly without any modifications.
I was able to solve all this with only Blu-Tack and magnet lol

Back