Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have highlighted this message for Admin attention. Hopefully the situation can be resolved soon.
Since Mr Asmus seems to be more than ready to abide by the law, would it be possible for you at least to repost their posts, just this once?
It seems they had something to say that's relevant to this thread, and being the sole vendor that gives a damn about this forum, it might make business sense to cut them some slack.
Thx.

Just here to clearfy that we are more than happy to pay for the right price to keep our presence alive.

We paid for the premium membership because we thought it was the right way to support the forum, never was I told that we need to be a business account.

:(
Hopefully you guys can stay active at least in some capacity. I have been you with guys from the start of your LOTR’s line (bought every single release even some multiples) and hope to see it continue for a long, long time. My chief place for news is this forum so hopefully it all gets worked out. I don’t want to end up missing news, sneak peaks, etc.

Can a pm be sent to mr asmus to ask questions, then the answers posted here by
the collector?

It would not be a good solution. I am sending a PM to him to work this out.
There have been emails to him already, and they have not been answered. We are trying to work with him.

I'd like to see someone root this. Obvs we're far from perfect but there's some narrowing of the head with the way the hair is sculpted. I never have thought of Bean as having a slender face, more wide. I wonder if some apt rooting would level the proportions out.

@Asmus is a sponsor now, right? Can you answer about the issue with the fish scale armor? I got a notice from my seller that Boromir is on the way. Will we still get the fish scale armor? I really wish you did not use that design. It's not even in the prototype.

Remember when Asmus said there would be no more pre orders because they only want to show the finished product- so what you see in the promo images is what you’ll get… That didn’t last long.
Yeah and they can't justify it with "released product may vary" because it's their idea to show how the released product looks like! And it is still different, and a downgrade at that. What is the point then??

This may be cynical of me, but maybe they're taking advantage of the recent opportunity to sell upgraded pieces to go with figures we have already purchased from them.

Maybe if they can sell better heads for a decent chunk of change, they think they can get away with selling new clothing for other disappointing releases. I wouldn't be shocked to see 'upgrade kits' for various releases listed on their site at some point down the line.

This may be cynical of me, but maybe they're taking advantage of the recent opportunity to sell upgraded pieces to go with figures we have already purchased from them.

Maybe if they can sell better heads for a decent chunk of change, they think they can get away with selling new clothing for other disappointing releases. I wouldn't be shocked to see 'upgrade kits' for various releases listed on their site at some point down the line.
But the purpose of this new Boromir is exactly that. An upgrade and for the people who missed out on the first release.

I didn’t like the previous Boromir releases from Asmus. When I saw the latest one I immediately ordered it to replace my Sideshow Boromir. For me, this newest version is the best available.

To be honest, I have the first release with the faux hair and it looks great. I didn't see a need to pick up the second release. But good for Asmus to revisit this character for those that needed Boromir in the collection.

100%.

I really dig my 1.0 Boromir. With some extremely minor hair trimming (gotta clip a few strands so they hang in his eyes), it really looks great. They did excellent work on the costume. If version 2 had a featured an improved likeness, I might have pulled the trigger, but it just didn't do it for me. I'm totally fine with my current version, though. Good on Asmus for giving folks another option.

I personally can't stand rooted hair on figures, I can't unsee Barbies - but that's just my two cents. Not criticizing anyone who prefers it. So I got the sculpted version of the 1.0, which was ok at best, and sold it off to pay for the 2.0 when it looked like a big likeness upgrade was coming. I'm really bummed out about how it turned out and wish Asmus would just give a transparent answer on what happened.

I know the folks here will be jerks and do the usual thing if that answer is given though, so maybe it's best they just stay silent.

Now I'm not sure whether I pick up this 2.0 just to have him back in my collection or wait for InArt to get to him, which is no doubt years off. Tough to say. Boromir and Faramir are my favorite Tolkien characters and they deserve better figures than what's been presented.

Maybe Asmus can just get to a Crown version someday but offer sculpted and rooted hair the way InArt is. Seems like a good way to do it.

I personally can't stand rooted hair on figures, I can't unsee Barbies - but that's just my two cents. Not criticizing anyone who prefers it. So I got the sculpted version of the 1.0, which was ok at best, and sold it off to pay for the 2.0 when it looked like a big likeness upgrade was coming. I'm really bummed out about how it turned out and wish Asmus would just give a transparent answer on what happened.

I know the folks here will be jerks and do the usual thing if that answer is given though, so maybe it's best they just stay silent.

Now I'm not sure whether I pick up this 2.0 just to have him back in my collection or wait for InArt to get to him, which is no doubt years off. Tough to say. Boromir and Faramir are my favorite Tolkien characters and they deserve better figures than what's been presented.

Maybe Asmus can just get to a Crown version someday but offer sculpted and rooted hair the way InArt is. Seems like a good way to do it.
The proble with rooted is when companies are actually using that synthetic Barbie-hair material. Sculpted will always be superior to that trash. Do you still hold the same view with the likes of Asmus Crown Gandalfs, Gimli and Thorin even, InArt or custom root jobs?

The proble with rooted is when companies are actually using that synthetic Barbie-hair material. Sculpted will always be superior to that trash. Do you still hold the same view with the likes of Asmus Crown Gandalfs, Gimli and Thorin even, InArt or custom root jobs?
For what it's worth, I did buy a sculpted hair Aragorn and Joker from InArt because I truly do prefer sculpted hair to rooted on these figures. But to your point - no - the Asmus dwarves and Crown Gandalfs are very well done and don't look cheap by any means.

But when it came to Boromir that rooted hair just looked awful to me. Again no disrespect to anyone who enjoys it but I can't get on board with figures that look like that.

I can't believe this forum is taking away collector ability to communicate directly with one of the larger toy designers about upcoming/existing products. So greedy but it will backfire I'm sure.
Pretty sure Admin have stated that Asmus is now a sponsor so that can't be why they have been a bit awol lately.

Back