Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice...

Well, for me, better late than never... I finally got Boromir! :yess:

Excuse fast photography... fresh from box, zero futz...

icon 1.jpg

Thanks. Yep, he definitely looks better in hand than I was expecting. A little nervous about the hair, but it didn't look so bad right out of the box. Lots of futzing to do though. But he has great accessories so it should be a lot of fun.

I saved all your guys' photos as a guide to help me. :)

Definately a super nice figure! Can't believe I waited so long to get my copy! Also thinking about redoing the hair even though the original are kinda okay!

Congrats, Wor-Gar. I always think you pick up these Asmus LotR figures upon initial release.

I still have the venerable Sideshow Boromir which I could set up as post-Lothlorien with the elven cloak. I will set up the Asmus version with the whole "arrive in Rivendell" outfit.

I don't usually jump on pre-orders, either, unless I feel that it will be difficult to obtain later on or as in the case of Asmus's LOTR line, I'm all in.

I'm not sure if I'm conviced - are you guys sure he looks better in hand?

Sorry for being that guy and reviving a dead thread but I am just getting into this line now and wondering if I should track this figure down or focus on some of the newer releases...I have Galadriel and Gandalf preordered and just grabbed Arwen, Elrond, Saruman, and Legolas...how does this figure hold up? Using Legolas as a benchmark...I am very happy with that figure...are folks who have that figure happy to display this one along side it? It seems like folks were excited with it in 2018 does it still hold up?

Sorry for being that guy and reviving a dead thread but I am just getting into this line now and wondering if I should track this figure down or focus on some of the newer releases...I have Galadriel and Gandalf preordered and just grabbed Arwen, Elrond, Saruman, and Legolas...how does this figure hold up? Using Legolas as a benchmark...I am very happy with that figure...are folks who have that figure happy to display this one along side it? It seems like folks were excited with it in 2018 does it still hold up?

I just got Boromir myself... and I was pleasantly surprised how nice it looks in hand.

If you plan to build the Fellowship and/or you are planning to get Faramir, then I would say you need to add this one.

Otherwise, simply collect the pieces you really are excited about. Based on the figures you recently purchased, I don't see Boromir fitting in so far.

Me Myself is not entirely sold but bit the bullet and got one on eBay, he and Aragorn are the only one missing from my fellowship but I can tell you tom once I get him if he is worth picking up or wait and hope that maybe they'll do a better one down the line.

I just got Boromir myself... and I was pleasantly surprised how nice it looks in hand.

If you plan to build the Fellowship and/or you are planning to get Faramir, then I would say you need to add this one.

Otherwise, simply collect the pieces you really are excited about. Based on the figures you recently purchased, I don't see Boromir fitting in so far.

Thanks so much for offering this insight! I forgot to include that I have preordered Faramir too! Between my recent renewed love of the films and how impressed I have been with the figures that I have gathered so far I have really been bitten by the bug of this line. I think my goal is just to get my hands on as many high quality figures from the line as possible. I am a big fan of Boromir as a character and it sounds like you are saying he would not bring the others down so I think the hunt will begin! Thanks again!

Thanks so much for offering this insight! I forgot to include that I have preordered Faramir too! Between my recent renewed love of the films and how impressed I have been with the figures that I have gathered so far I have really been bitten by the bug of this line. I think my goal is just to get my hands on as many high quality figures from the line as possible. I am a big fan of Boromir as a character and it sounds like you are saying he would not bring the others down so I think the hunt will begin! Thanks again!
Yeah mate, there will be no regrets with Boromir. Get the rooted hair version for sure. His outfit is fantastic. The belt buckles are all real and beautifully detailed and his thick heavy cloak is an absolute masterpiece.

You’ll see a lot of complaints about various figures from the early stages of this line but even those are Pretty fantastic figures. Eowyn in particular has taken a bashing over the years- so you’d think the figure must suck balls- but I managed to snag her maybe 1.5 years ago after I‘d been bitten by the Asmus Bug and she fits in perfectly with the newer releases. You can spot the nitpicks people have but you honestly have to be looking for things to complain about for them to matter. My advice: get everything!

Uck, this thread re-ignition just brought back the reminder of "asgardianboy" and his terrible inaccurate view of Tolkien's work.

On a sidenote, that's awesome you are getting into the line man! It's become my favorite across 1/6 collecting!

Yeah, this is one of my faves. The hair takes a tiny bit of judicious trimming in the front and a bit of it needs to be tucked behind his ears, but once that's done, he really shines. The sculpt is solid but it's the costume that really shines. (But I may be biased since this is my favorite costume in the trilogy.) The glimpses of red and silver pop nicely and the detail work on all the metal clasps and buckles is really sharp. And that fur-trimmed cape is beautiful.

Oh yes, if you are getting Faramir than I think this is a good purchase then. You will not be disappointed. Get the rooted version if you can.

And I agree -- the best plan is to get as many of these figures as you can while you can. No company will ever get this deep into LOTR in 1/6th again.

Oh yes, if you are getting Faramir than I think this is a good purchase then. You will not be disappointed. Get the rooted version if you can.

While I myself prefer the rooted hair version (though I bought both), if you plan to display Boromir and Faramir together, I’d recommend the sculpted hair version, since Faramir will be sculpted.

Back