Asmus Toys: 8 inch Limited Articulated figure Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What interests me is more the why with this line. I can get there's an audience, me the pieces look good; but isn't this basically going toe to toe with Iron Studios? Who's LOTR stuff has kinda been sitting around? I wish the line well, because any good sales are good for Asmus. But I am curious.

Yeah same here too, interested to see what pieces they put out but won't be getting any - it's the 1/6 line all the way for me! :rock

Minor articulation on should-be statues that, when used, typically sets the sculpt out of alignment or leaves the figure off balance or looking unnatural would be better not being added at all imo.

If a character has a weapon holding hand then maybe rotation can be useful or some head rotation for when you have limited display space and want a character looking in a certain direction but only if joints can be concealed.

Funnily enough, Asmus’ Balrog pushed me to buying the Prime 1 Studio Gandalf vs Balrog diorama statue. I figured if it’s time to retire my Neca Balrog, I’m gonna need something epic to stand in it’s place. Go big or go home!
Lean into the larger, big ticket items, Asmus. Us collectors have no common sense when it comes to throwing money at cool stuff.

I'm mainly into 1:6 and big statues but that little balrog looks good. Might pick it up after some more math, if it looks to be in nice scale with the big Weta Smaug the terrible statue I got all alone on his shelf.

So the Balrog is out it seems...anyone grab a copy?
No... $120 to buy and $190 shipping to UK...
Asmus told me they made the box too big by mistake and there's nothing that anyone can do about it...
They also told me they didn't expect to sell many of them as a result and if I could find cheaper shipping to tell them...
They were also thinking of giving a voucher for another figure if you buy the Balrog and pay full shipping...
No kidding... Classic Asmus!!
:balrog

Amazing. They really are an embarrassment sometimes.

It’s all been downhill since Gandalf The White, who was supposed to mark a new beginning of higher quality and more clarity around releases after the Ash debacle.

:angryfist:

Screenshot (5).png

Last edited:
I'm glad to see they are taking steps to make it right, at least.

I dunno, man... I think my patience has run out with this company... I want to love them, but they keep screwing up...

It's not a fair trade any more... 🥺

I dunno, man... I think my patience has run out with this company... I want to love them, but they keep screwing up...

It's not a fair trade any more... 🥺
I get it, but we have to hope they'll improve.

Hot Toys will never get this license.
InArt will never go this deep with the license.
LIM Toys doesn't do movie figures.
DAM Toys does military and video games.
ThreeZero can barely get stuff out from the licenses they have already.

Most of the other brands that make sixth scale figures range from "ok" to "crap" and won't do the line justice. Asmus just needs to stop making mistakes and be honest with their consumers.

Back