Asmus Toys: 8 inch Limited Articulated figure Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inyacher

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Yes, we create this thread for our new line, a series of figures who has 8 inch size and gets less articulation but more design details. Except the Lurtz 8 inch we releasing recently, Asmus will release more info here for other character in this series in Summer Carnival . Stay tuned!

Our pioneer in this line :)
Lurtz.jpg

I did preorder Lurtz on bbts. I am curious to see where Asmus is going with this line. I prefer figures but this is Lurtz so I decided I would give this line a try. Would be cool to have Lurtz with a few Uruk Hai behind him facing down Aragorn or Boromir.

I did preorder Lurtz on bbts. I am curious to see where Asmus is going with this line. I prefer figures but this is Lurtz so I decided I would give this line a try. Would be cool to have Lurtz with a few Uruk Hai behind him facing down Aragorn or Boromir.
Thanks for taking one for the rest of us!
IIRC, you also took a bullet with Star Ace’s dreadful Aragorn!

The Balrog is going to be the next release within this new 8 inch series. (Asmus teased this on Facebook):

Attachments

• 210548550_10157888664641968_3651112137689299768_n.jpg
    210548550_10157888664641968_3651112137689299768_n.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 67
My Neca Balrog has taken quite a beating over the years and takes up a ton of space so if this can somehow present a high level of detail and look as imposing as a Balrog should then I may get it and retire the big fella.

I reckon the majority of current Asmus collectors are not really going to have a spot for something like this though. But people love Balrogs so as long as someone buys it and Asmus can pour the profits into the development of even better 1:6 stuff then who cares?

8" Balrog :lol No thanks if that's the case.

I wish some company would have the guts to make a 16" Balrog figure or something of similar scale. No interest in getting a 8" Balrog when I have a 12" Gandalf on display that would dwarf it.

I am confused by the size. I had the NECA o e which was sized for 6” figures and it was a monster of a figure. According to what I have read this is only 11” in height when you include the wings and flames. If true this is in a scale of its own and will not fit with the other figures in this line. The Barlog is a visually awesome character so if it ends up looking great and I can get it for a reasonable price I might still end up getting it but it is going to have to be something that really stands out to me as a stand alone piece.

I saw the promotional video when they have compared Lurtz whit the Balrog and it's way too small for my taste...
and if the purpouse is to sell semi articulated 8" statues what we have to expect from this line? 8" height hobbits next to 8" height Aragorn? I don't like even the semi articulated soluction... i prefer to purchase a full articulated action figure if i can, otherwise better to take statue route... to have a semi articulated statue with some visible joint that doesn't permit a wide variety of pose is the worst of both world in my opinion... maybe lurtz can hide these jonts better, but i fear that on balrog they will be very visible...

Is 8'' the same thing as 1/10th scale?

The Great War between 1/12th and 1/10th scale continues. The one that wins will most likely offer the broadest selection of franchises past and present.

Back