Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg[image.jpgATTACH=CONFIG]436307[/ATTACH]

After recieving my figure i coffee dyed the fabric and also dyed some hair and filled in the gaps as he is near enough bald on arrival.
He now has a full head of hair, i thinned down with hair with thinning scissors so its not bulky but keeps from looking like bald patches.
The sculpt is fantastic and was let down by the thin hair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 267
I never get the apartment to myself and I work all damn day so I never get sunlight, but I'm so excited over my last work that I din't want to wait until I got natural light photos in the mix to share him. More pics to come in time, but here he is for now :) Saruman 2.0

Wow, Raymond! You outdid yourself! Incredible likeness. That's Christopher Lee himself! Outstanding work! Please tell us how you did it. Kudos!

I never get the apartment to myself and I work all damn day so I never get sunlight, but I'm so excited over my last work that I din't want to wait until I got natural light photos in the mix to share him. More pics to come in time, but here he is for now :) Saruman 2.0

Cool!
This is Hot Toys Count Dooku headsculpt modified, yes?
It looks great! I think Mr Lee wear prosthetics additions on his nose as Saruman, though, so you might want to add more to his nose and make it more pointy.. IMHO. :)

Cool!
This is Hot Toys Count Dooku headsculpt modified, yes?
It looks great! I think Mr Lee wear prosthetics additions on his nose as Saruman, though, so you might want to add more to his nose and make it more pointy.. IMHO. :)

Yes that’s correct. And yes that’s also correct!

The nose has already been heated and bended downwards actually to make it hook more and accentuation with paint was also made at the sides by the nostrils to further emulate the downwards swoop.

Thanks guys! Hot toys head with the nose modifications as mentioned above and haired. HT Hands with nails applied. HT Neo body with long pegs. Clothes coffee stained, belt repainted, ties starched and modified

Yes that?s correct. And yes that?s also correct!

The nose has already been heated and bended downwards actually to make it hook more and accentuation with paint was also made at the sides by the nostrils to further emulate the downwards swoop.

Awesome!
If i may suggest a bit, maybe add some more to the tip of the nose? because in the movie his nose is almost Joker like, very pointy at the end of it.. and maybe paint the face be a bit paler? Just a suggestion, it's already bloody cool right now!

I like the original Saruman, and I remember him being widely appreciated when he was released, but these customs are fantastic. With an improved sculpt and an upgrade to the hair and beard, he would make a prime candidate for the Crown line ...

I like the original Saruman, and I remember him being widely appreciated when he was released, but these customs are fantastic. With an improved sculpt and an upgrade to the hair and beard, he would make a prime candidate for the Crown line ...

Amen to that!

thank you all for the nice feedback! I hope you don't mind me posting more pictures:

:) Saruman 2.0

HEAD - Hot Toys, nose modified to hook/ point downwards
PAINT - Hot toys with enchanted age spots and eye details by me
HAIR/BEARD - me
Body - Neo With ankle extendors
HANDS - Hot Toys modified (nails)
OUTFIT - Asmus, yellowed and belt modified/repainted

I know a lot of people loved the original release of this, but there really is no comparison between the Asmus and HT sculpts. The HT Christopher Lee is fantastic and the Asmus ... well, let's just say they'd do a much better job of it today. Add their new Crown line hair and beard techniques and I think they'd be able to upgrade that original to within shouting distance to Raymond's amazing custom here.

thank you all for the nice feedback! I hope you don't mind me posting more pictures:

:) Saruman 2.0

HEAD - Hot Toys, nose modified to hook/ point downwards
PAINT - Hot toys with enchanted age spots and eye details by me
HAIR/BEARD - me
Body - Neo With ankle extendors
HANDS - Hot Toys modified (nails)
OUTFIT - Asmus, yellowed and belt modified/repainted

Impressive. Most impressive.

Back