Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid with cc, still waiting for shipment. Guess it may be a long wait. Seems lately it’s been 50/50 for shipping. Elven Warrior was super slow to ship out but Elven archer was super fast. Maybe this means when Lux Legolas finally ships he’ll be the fast one this time.

My Arwen came in today, wasn’t expecting it until later this week but I guess the FedEx shipping is pretty fast after all. Went home from the office to bring it in before the wife got home since my Tormund also got in today and didn’t feel like getting “the look” for two figures showing up today.

Asmus did pack the shipping box very nicely - there were corner protectors on all four corners to prevent damage and taped the box really well. I’ll commend them on taking steps to ensure shipping went well given the higher price.

I do not have an art box. Same box that was pictured here earlier. I am quite annoyed about it. I just really don’t get what they were thinking sending it out like this.

I am not missing any hands or accessories. The book Arwen comes with has writing on the inside pages which is a nice touch.

I just opened the box to see if I had anything missing inside and ran back to the office for a meeting. I’ll look at Arwen more later, but at a quick glance she looks very nice. Head sculpt looked good, even through the plastic.

Just wanted to share what I received quickly.

Thanks for the quick review, RandomHero.

Mine should arrive tomorrow and I honestly don't have the display space to put the chaise and side table...

It’s very clear that you’re a big Asmus supporter. I want to be too, I don’t want to be critical of them. But you’re defending them a little too hard right now given the circumstances.
Well, everyone sees things differently, and as someone who enjoys ASMUS' attention to detail - and remains blown away by stuff like Thranduil's diecast sword or Thorin and Bilbo's costumes or the excellent Twilight King - small books, rings, pipes, etc - all at an "affordable" price point, I don't think I am defending them too hard.

Not after getting Blitzways' Zorro at a pretty high price with a rubbery, attached hat and a plastic hilt plus the cheesy mask/scarf attachment, no spurs, not even a split ankle boot for a pretty athletic character:(. Then there was the IW Cap which a lot of folks like, but I have a lot of issues.

I admire ASMUS for coming up with solutions to things hard to pull off at 1/6, continuing to improve, and all those accessories. I wish ASMUS had done Zorro. I just can't feel passionate about a box, when all do is store them. That's not to say I don't appreciate the opening experience, but it's rare, like with the Jack Sparrow DX box. The 10 year Cap box and Bucky and Ragnarok boxes are probably the only ones I ever wanted to display.

But imagine ASMUS has taken all this in by now, so going forward there's always gonna be an art box. From my perspective - selfishly - it's too bad, as putting out a larger diorama like Thranduil's throne or Bag End, it would be a way to cut production costs. As for missing parts, I'd definitely reach out to ASMUS.

Well, everyone sees things differently, and as someone who enjoys ASMUS' attention to detail - and remains blown away by stuff like Thranduil's diecast sword or Thorin and Bilbo's costumes or the excellent Twilight King - small books, rings, pipes, etc - all at an "affordable" price point, I don't think I am defending them too hard.

Not after getting Blitzways' Zorro at a pretty high price with a rubbery, attached hat and a plastic hilt plus the cheesy mask/scarf attachment, no spurs, not even a split ankle boot for a pretty athletic character:(. Then there was the IW Cap which a lot of folks like, but I have a lot of issues.

I admire ASMUS for coming up with solutions to things hard to pull off at 1/6, continuing to improve, and all those accessories. I wish ASMUS had done Zorro. I just can't feel passionate about a box, when all do is store them. That's not to say I don't appreciate the opening experience, but it's rare, like with the Jack Sparrow DX box. The 10 year Cap box and Bucky and Ragnarok boxes are probably the only ones I ever wanted to display.

But imagine ASMUS has taken all this in by now, so going forward there's always gonna be an art box. From my perspective - selfishly - it's too bad, as putting out a larger diorama like Thranduil's throne or Bag End, it would be a way to cut production costs. As for missing parts, I'd definitely reach out to ASMUS.
Good point about split boot articulation, even HT fails in this more often than not. There are some things we take for granted from Asmus but it’s also coming from a place of growing expectation and hope for improvement.

Good point about split boot articulation, even HT fails in this more often than not. There are some things we take for granted from Asmus but it’s also coming from a place of growing expectation and hope for improvement.
Although to be fair, while I like my Faramir there was the vambrace thing (no right/left). That was absurd and then having to source an older figure parts:(. Also, the bow IMO is so iconic I definitely wouldn't have had that as a special accessory.

And REALLY don't blame anyone for being irate about the Frodo eye thing, IMO that was too much. Elijah Wood has those great luminous BLUE eyes. Dunno how anyone in production - I've heard LOTR isn't that big in Asia - could have fouled that up. :duh

The critics have spoken..

Us vs Asmus

ctLyZ4o.gif

Well, everyone sees things differently, and as someone who enjoys ASMUS' attention to detail
And REALLY don't blame anyone for being irate about the Frodo eye thing, IMO that was too much. Elijah Wood has those great luminous BLUE eyes. Dunno how anyone in production - I've heard LOTR isn't that big in Asia - could have fouled that up. :duh
Well, the bold sentences contradicts each other.
If they have attention to detail, the "Frodo eye thing" is the very important element that they should have not get it wrong.
Big or not in Asia, when they look at the source material, it is one of the most striking features from Frodo.
And not everyone in Asia is colorblind. At least I'm not.

But just like Randomhero said, you are a huge Asmus fan, so that's just the way it is.
Although I too, still support Asmus because they keep showing improvements.
However, Arwen without artbox is still unforgiven. I think Gollum will be my last purchase from them, and I hope the luxury set comes with the extra hands and artbox.

all at an "affordable" price point
Referring to my previous posts about price comparison with HT, if you said that Asmus price is "Affordable" with what you get from DX Arwen, that makes HT Ahsoka "very cheap". :ROFLMAO:

Anyways,
Asmus just got back to me, and Cathy, their rep, said that the EMS option is unavailable, and I am forced to use FedEx.
So.. now just have to prepare for the extra charge.. and the custom tax.
Asmus is pushing too far here. :mad:

Last edited:
Dear all,

For Arwen luxury edition. Actually, our original package design has the colored box with in the carton box, just like what we did with Aragorn and Legolas. But the designed failed at the drop tests constantly , the “Chaise” was too fragile on the side, no matter how we place it (regular way, upside down, on the side…etc.) it all broke. When they first tried at factory, it broke, so we mailed the package sample back, and tried at our office, the chaise broke too, so we changed a design and had the factory made another sample, which failed again. The same process repeated 4 times and was the main reason of Arwen’s delay.

This package has the most failure attempts that we have every had on any product.

At the end we have to let go our design and allow the factory to design the package solely for the purpose of safety shipping, and by replacing the colored box for another layer of sponge (which can also holds the figure) seems to be the key.

The attached short video was one of the times the tragic happens in factory, it almost hurts to see a perfect product died in the drop test. :cry:

Attachments

• 8cf35d53688eb2f5e8c38dd821db7bfc.mp4
    9.7 MB
I am afraid it might be connected to the Paypal-payment/no-ASMUS-confirmation question...
Actually at First I got an email with PayPal invoice, 2 minutes later I got an email that Asmus canceled my PayPal invoice.
2 days later Asmus sent me an email with a link to pay my invoice.
In the end I paid using my credit card

Dear all,

For Arwen luxury edition. Actually, our original package design has the colored box with in the carton box, just like what we did with Aragorn and Legolas. But the designed failed at the drop tests constantly , the “Chaise” was too fragile on the side, no matter how we place it (regular way, upside down, on the side…etc.) it all broke. When they first tried at factory, it broke, so we mailed the package sample back, and tried at our office, the chaise broke too, so we changed a design and had the factory made another sample, which failed again. The same process repeated 4 times and was the main reason of Arwen’s delay.

This package has the most failure attempts that we have every had on any product.

At the end we have to let go our design and allow the factory to design the package solely for the purpose of safety shipping, and by replacing the colored box for another layer of sponge (which can also holds the figure) seems to be the key.

The attached short video was one of the times the tragic happens in factory, it almost hurts to see a perfect product died in the drop test. :cry:
Thank you for the explanation Rovi! I figured it had to be some kind of QC issue and/or late minute packaging problem. It still isn’t ideal to not have the gorgeous art box but I’m not sure if delaying the shipping longer would have helped. I’ll just be happy when mine ships, fingers crossed this week.

Dear all,

Thanks for the explanation
My only complaint that this info should be mentioned before Shipping the orders
Anyway will forgive you once you announce Radagast / Balrog / Sauron

Dear all,

How long does it takes to ship my order to Hong Kong ?
Thanks

Dear all,

Finally an explanation.

But I agree with George, you guys should told us about this first.
Also, maybe a sticker to the brown box with the same graphic as the regular art box can make it look better.

Right now the presentation you are giving us, is, as a member put it here, like buying a loose figure from eBay.
The presentation doesn't really shout "Deluxe" at all.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, and I am aware that you guys are relatively a small company,
this is just a constructive criticism that I hope, will make you guys better in the future.

Also now that you show us the test failure videos..
can you show us a simple unboxing video (doesn't have to be a properly edited one) of Arwen (the actual product)? There's none out there, and I think the members here would love to see it.

A question for the members who already own the figure
Is there scratches on her neck like Galadriel ?

Back