Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine- I don't remember there being a book- but she displays rather well :D
She actually drops the book when she accepts mortality, in order to stay with Aragorn.

624795a32372fc7c939b9ac9cfcbfccf.jpg

ronin-gif.gif

She actually drops the book when she accepts mortality, in order to stay with Aragorn.

View attachment 580525

View attachment 580526
Actually it’s because she is feeling the effects of mortality having already accepted it when she pledged to be with him. “ I would rather spend one lifetime with you than endure all the ages of the world alone.” -Arwen in FOTR

“The life of the Eldar is leaving you.” -Elrond in ROTK

It’s a silly concept completely absent from the books. In the books Arwen chooses and confirms mortality (to be accounted among the second born) by the marriage to Aragorn and Elrond having left Middle-earth. She doesn’t experience any weakness or dying effect. She doesn’t even feel the weariness or winter of life until Aragorn dies. Even then she lays down to die by will and broken heart more than old age or sickness.

Last edited:
Actually it’s because she is feeling the effects of mortality having already accepted it when she pledged to be with him. “ I would rather spend one lifetime with you than endure all the ages of the world alone.” -Arwen in FOTR

“The life of the Eldar is leaving you.” -Elrond in ROTK

It’s a silly concept completely absent from the books. In the books Arwen chooses and confirms mortality (to be accounted among the second born) by the marriage to Aragorn and Elrond having left Middle-earth. She doesn’t experience any weakness or dying effect. She doesn’t even feel the weariness or winter of life until Aragorn dies. Even then she lays down to die by will and broken heart more than old age or sickness.
Good post. I liked a lot of the changes the films made and thought they actually worked fairly well, but this was one that always drove me nuts because it just seemed silly.

Good post. I liked a lot of the changes the films made and thought they actually worked fairly well, but this was one that always drove me nuts because it just seemed silly.
Plus it took away a very real-life occurrence. When my maternal grandmother passed four decades ago, a week later her husband (the only ”grandfather” I ever knew) just laid down on the couch and never woke up. The power of a broken heart is far more effective than any Hollywood trope.

Getting into Arwen’s biological/equivalent age we can use these calculations:

The case of Arwen. Taking her birth as T[hird]A[ge] 241, she will then be "full-grown" in TA 313 (241 + 72). In 2951, when she first meets Aragorn, she will be (in Elven Growth- and Life-years) 24 + 18⅓ (nearly); (2951-313)/144 = 42⅓ = mortal equivalent 31¾. Aragorn was only 20.

In 3019, when they were married, she would have aged very little and would be nearly Elvish 43 (24 + (3019-313)/144) = mortal equivalent 32-3. But Aragorn would have lived 88 years and 4 months. His "age" would however be about "45". ...

The Númenórean scale fixed by the Valar (for other than Elros) was for a life in full (if not "resigned" earlier) of thrice that of ordinary men. This was reckoned so: A "Númenórean" reached "full-growth" at 24 (as with Elves; but this was for them reckoned in Sun-years); after that, 70 x 3 = 210 years were "permitted" = total 234. But decline set in (at first slow) at the 210th year (from birth); so that a Númenórean had an expectation of 186 fully active years after reaching physical maturity.

The Nature of Middle-earth - "Elvish Ages & Númenórean"

So Arwen changed from the elf in Middle-earth 1/100 multiplier ((1/144 in Valinor) to the Numenorean 1/3 multiplier. If we consider her age when they married as 2777 (mortal equivalent to 32). Then she starts aging as Numenorean and would have been 2901 when she died (mortal equivalency of 55). She lived approximately 122-124 years as a mortal.

Last edited:
Did some random digging on Youtube and this surfaced up. Maybe not too relevant to this specific thread in particular, however worth a watch.

I take it that it will be quite very long while before the non-DLX version of Arwen will get sent out since out what has been going around presently. As of right now, looks like my copy of WandaVision Liz Olsen will be arriving on my shelf way before Arwen shows up.

Bring this thread up after June 13th.

I've done some searching and seen some European 1/6th stores getting the regular version (hopefully) of Arwen v.2 in August/September in stock if it goes accordingly. I honestly don't know if the remainder of us that got the regular version on pre-order with a deposit with Asmus will get our own copy after more than an year of radio silence and after since the DLX got shipped out first (with issues).

No doubt that there are still shortage issues and what's going on worldwide, it's just the lack of updates from Asmus themselves on their website on saying why the delay.

Amazing figure @Asmus
Arwen is perfect!!
Although I bought mine from a local Etailer,I really hope the chaise set comes back into stock again on your site.
I also hope in the future we may be fortunate enough to get 2 versions of other outfits she wore,specifically the cloak and lantern attire when she goes to leave MiddleEarth,and of course,her gown when she marries King Aragorn.
Love this figure.
So simple yet elegant.
20221121_143343.jpg
20221121_143418.jpg
20221121_143514.jpg
20221121_143720.jpg
20221121_143959.jpg
20221121_144051.jpg

Great pics! :clap Asmus did an excellent job with this one, she looks great on the shelf, hopefully they will do some more non-armoured characters in the line soon.

I really hate to bring this up.

For those that still have the normal version of Arwen (sans the extras) and made with a deposit with Asmus to secure your copy (besides myself), who's still waiting for a email from them that it's possibly still on the way? I know that rolling lockdowns and whatever else is still going on over in China, who's planning to go with another supplier and get their long awaited copy.

I really hate to bring this up.

For those that still have the normal version of Arwen (sans the extras) and made with a deposit with Asmus to secure your copy (besides myself), who's still waiting for a email from them that it's possibly still on the way? I know that rolling lockdowns and whatever else is still going on over in China, who's planning to go with another supplier and get their long awaited copy.
You’re still waiting? When did you order? And have you been in touch with the customer service team over at Asmus?

Back