Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missing book and chaise legs, but got all the hands...and they are NOT shiny.
hands.jpg

After upcharging all their po customers $22 for shipping, this is now $40 off on their site… sickening.
Sorry but I find it sickening that you complain about sales or discounts.

You can not blame Asmus or any other company for having discounts. It was only your own decision to not wait for a discount and pre-order / buy the figure for full price. Pre-ordering secures your figure and you will be the first among those who receive it but on the other hand, there is a chance you will miss an opportunity to buy the figure on sale for less.

By your logic, companies should never do discounts because there could be customers like you who will get mad for paying full price a few months ago :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, I paid more for all the items they have on sale today, but It’s only the Arwen sale that I find irritating. I just think to go from telling their po customers they need to charge an extra $22, and then within 3 months discounting it by $40… I think it’s bad form. Yes, I could have canceled the order and not paid the extra $22, so blast me again as you will. But I’m sticking by my point that the Arwen sale in particular stings more than usual.

Sorry but I find it sickening that you complain about sales or discounts.

You can not blame Asmus or any other company for having discounts. It was only your own decision to not wait for a discount and pre-order / buy the figure for full price. Pre-ordering secures your figure and you will be the first among those who receive it but on the other hand, there is a chance you will miss an opportunity to buy the figure on sale for less.

By your logic, companies should never do discounts because there could be customers like you who will get mad for paying full price a few months ago :rolleyes:

Well, I paid more for all the items they have on sale today, but It’s only the Arwen sale that I find irritating. I just think to go from telling their po customers they need to charge an extra $22, and then within 3 months discounting it by $40… I think it’s bad form. Yes, I could have canceled the order and not paid the extra $22, so blast me again as you will. But I’m sticking by my point that the Arwen sale in particular stings more than usual.
I think that guy enjoys being abrasive and argumentative. Every thread, he talks like he knows better than you despite being new here.

Your complaints are perfectly valid. I can't say I enjoy seeing something that's relatively new going on a big sale like that. Maybe next Black Friday they could have tried to move stock they were stuck with. But that figure only released in September, so two months ago. Makes me not want to pre-order in the future, but it is what it is.

Sickening indeed.

Arwen is one of my personal fav characters, but asmus has put one terrible stain on her in my memory.

Such a terrible company.
The memory of the character is stained because someone got *&^% replacement hands, lack of a nice box, and now the fig is on sale?

Guess I should tell WETA they are real b*st*rds for putting some of their pieces on sale for 50% off. Every time Hobbiton comes on screen I'll close my eyes. Star Ace is even worse for making Aragorn look like Jesus.

This is so overly dramatic.
well what can I say, this is Arwen. She has special place in my heart and i'm sentimental about her. 😭
The memory of the character is stained because someone got *&^% replacement hands, lack of a nice box, and now the fig is on sale?

Guess I should tell WETA they are real b*st*rds for putting some of their pieces on sale for 50% off. Every time Hobbiton comes on screen I'll close my eyes. Star Ace is even worse for making Aragorn look like Jesus.
It's up to you,
But I never had bad experience preordering from WETA.
They don't suddenly charged more for preorders, or suddenly changing shipping method that adds another extra cost, and they always deliver with proper packaging.

I have no problem with companies putting discounts on special events for their product, but just like whitd said, this arwen had so many issues with extra charging and lack of proper packaging, and to see it discounted later on made all those issues even more hurtful. :(

And people relate and connect to their memories differently. Some things might evoke bad memories, like certain music reminds me of certain people, with the memories in it.

So yeah, maybe it's dramatic for some people, but it can be normal for others. 😕

For asmus, if you can put $40 off your arwen, why don't you send proper replacement hands to stryker?
Or, rather than cutting off $40, you can actually send the customer who supported you and preordered Arwen early, a proper box instead.

Last edited:
well what can I say, this is Arwen. She has special place in my heart and i'm sentimental about her. 😭

It's up to you,
But I never had bad experience preordering from WETA.
They don't suddenly charged more for preorders, or suddenly changing shipping method that adds another extra cost, and they always deliver with proper packaging.

I have no problem with companies putting discounts on special events for their product, but just like whitd said, this arwen had so many issues with extra charging and lack of proper packaging, and to see it discounted later on made all those issues even more hurtful. :(

And people relate and connect to their memories differently. Some things might evoke bad memories, like certain music reminds me of certain people, with the memories in it.

So yeah, maybe it's dramatic for some people, but it can be normal for others. 😕

For asmus, if you can put $40 off your arwen, why don't you send proper replacement hands to stryker?
Or, rather than cutting off $40, you can actually send the customer who supported you and preordered Arwen early, a proper box instead.
OK, I get it. Really.:peace

Faramir is one of my favorite Middle Earth characters, and while I rolled with the issue of the vambraces, can't say I was enthused at having to source a far older figure's parts (which I was lucky to get anyway) just to fix something I thought was pretty sloppy. From a company that is known for its costumes. Then there's the whole weirdness of the Thranduil face thing; the Frodo eye thing - stuff even a casual Middle Earth fan would be like WTF.

And it's tough as ASMUS may be the only company, ever, that does that version of a character in an affordable 1/6.

And I agree, the hand thing blows:pfft:. Whatever is going on there - whether the production people are outright lying, changed the kind of plastic, or there's just plain confusion about the request, ASMUS should make missing parts right. That's not the buyer's fault.

To me this just feels like a company still having to deal with what other companies have, including Sideshow and WETA. You need to stay on top of your production team. It may not be pleasant, but that's how it is. Even Iron Studios booted someone after customer backlash - can't remember the details now, but they had to let someone go.

As for the sale thing - well, to buy full retail, or not...it's a gamble. I lost with a WETA piece that's now 50% off. But when the piece was released, I really wanted it - so that's that.:(

I'm also still missing the legs to the seti and the book from my set, and and after making me take pics for them -nothing but crickets from Asmus...
talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth, can't even look at her anymore :mad:

OK, I get it. Really.:peace

Faramir is one of my favorite Middle Earth characters, and while I rolled with the issue of the vambraces, can't say I was enthused at having to source a far older figure's parts (which I was lucky to get anyway) just to fix something I thought was pretty sloppy. From a company that is known for its costumes. Then there's the whole weirdness of the Thranduil face thing; the Frodo eye thing - stuff even a casual Middle Earth fan would be like WTF.

And it's tough as ASMUS may be the only company, ever, that does that version of a character in an affordable 1/6.

And I agree, the hand thing blows:pfft:. Whatever is going on there - whether the production people are outright lying, changed the kind of plastic, or there's just plain confusion about the request, ASMUS should make missing parts right. That's not the buyer's fault.

To me this just feels like a company still having to deal with what other companies have, including Sideshow and WETA. You need to stay on top of your production team. It may not be pleasant, but that's how it is. Even Iron Studios booted someone after customer backlash - can't remember the details now, but they had to let someone go.

As for the sale thing - well, to buy full retail, or not...it's a gamble. I lost with a WETA piece that's now 50% off. But when the piece was released, I really wanted it - so that's that.:(
Thank you, Sassafras. 🙏
This is what I enjoyed of exchanging thoughts with you. We are often in the different side of the corner, but always with an open mind, and still trying to understand what the other's truly feels or have in mind.
I remember our first argumentation in Tauriel thread, we ended up just agreeing to disagree. No personal attack, no harm done.
Which is how it's supposed to be. :)(y)

I am glad you understand, and I agree with what you've said. And I am sure I'm known as this grumpy guy who hate asmus, but what we ended up seeing here shows it all: Scumonkey and Stryker here are the victim of how they treated the customer (it's not the customer's fault), and the way they suddenly charged more for preorders, switching to a shipping method that applied for more charge, skipping the artbox for the deluxe, and after all that, as the cherry on top, discounting the piece $40 less. It's a big slap to the customer's face. 🤬

The other pieces of asmus that I've received, other than Tauriel and Arwen, I shout no anger, no complaints, at all. Even though my Gandalf's staff doesn't have the pipe hole in it, which actually shows how weird their production is (they ended up telling the customer tips on how to make the hole by themselves), but I didn't say any complaints in the Gandalf thread because the overall figure is amazing. I truly am happy with it. and it has a proper artbox too.
I also praised their Saruman. And Galadriel sculpt. I give credits to asmus when they truly deserve it. 👌

For the sale thing, I am actually happy if/when I get a discount for a piece that is on my list, that I haven't bought. I am genuinely happy for those people who wants arwen and managed to have her $40 off. But it's asmus' that I despise, of doing that, with all the issues we have with arwen.
In short, I would be perfectly okay with arwen being $40 off now, if they don't charge more for the preorder, don't use the shipping method that adds extra charge (they originally offered options, including postal mail, which I chose, and we agreed on that, only to suddenly change it to FedEx).
I would be happier if they do the honorable thing: instead of cutting it off by $40, they can use that allocation to send artboxes to the customers who preordered early. Or send proper hands to Stryker, or send the chaise legs and book to Scumonkey. 🙄

I'm also still missing the legs to the seti and the book from my set, and and after making me take pics for them -nothing but crickets from Asmus...
talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth, can't even look at her anymore :mad:
See, this is what I mean. Leaving a bad taste. I can't look at Arwen without feeling a bit angry/disappointed, and she is one of my favorite characters! 😢

Rovi.. asmus.. this is your call. Do the right thing. 😠

Thank you, Sassafras. 🙏
This is what I enjoyed of exchanging thoughts with you. We are often in the different side of the corner, but always with an open mind, and still trying to understand what the other's truly feels or have in mind.....

See, this is what I mean. Leaving a bad taste. I can't look at Arwen without feeling a bit angry/disappointed, and she is one of my favorite characters! 😢

Rovi.. asmus.. this is your call. Do the right thing. 😠
:duff

Absolutely no question - none - that CORRECT missing parts should be sent, immediately, by fastest post, maybe with a coupon or some sort of extra accessory as an apology for the inconvenience.

That's just basic customer service, something the best Etsy and Ebayers do. Plus a fast response. You can't want customers to order from you directly, and then not deliver. Because then customers back off and either order from a retailer with better return options, only buy in-hand, or don't buy at all.

When you say "there's no slots in the packaging for them", maybe, just maybe, you don't know that the chaise legs are kind of hidden.. they are located in a hidden compartments, under the foam with 2 circle cuts.. the circle cuts are supposed to be removed, it's supposed to be for your fingers so you can pull/remove the foam with your fingers and find the chaise legs inside it.
Just in case you missed that, but if you have checked it and it's not there, then you have missing parts.

When you say "there's no slots in the packaging for them", maybe, just maybe, you don't know that the chaise legs are kind of hidden.. they are located in a hidden compartments, under the foam with 2 circle cuts.. the circle cuts are supposed to be removed, it's supposed to be for your fingers so you can pull/remove the foam with your fingers and find the chaise legs inside it.
Just in case you missed that, but if you have checked it and it's not there, then you have missing parts.
Thanks.
I just went backtracking through the thread coz I wanted to see some unboxing pics in case I missed anything any finally found a post explaining what you just said. Yep- they’re in a concealed compartment. The doorway to Moria was easier to find!
Guess I’ll remove my comment and bust Galadriel out to make sure all parts are present.

Thanks.
I just went backtracking through the thread coz I wanted to see some unboxing pics in case I missed anything any finally found a post explaining what you just said. Yep- they’re in a concealed compartment. The doorway to Moria was easier to find!
Guess I’ll remove my comment and bust Galadriel out to make sure all parts are present.
You're welcome!

Last edited:
Back