Asmus Giveaway 1/6 Anduril Sword of Aragorn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going to hit the secondary market looking for an Anduril, don't give scalpers the satisfaction. (Or your money.) But definitely try to find the Best Buy Blu Ray set that came out 10 or so years back that had a 1/6 Anduril as an exclusive. It's quite nice (and is better scaled). I've had it on my desk for years.
Here's what they look like side by side. The Best Buy sword is 8.5 inches to Asmus' 7. It's not perfect (the pommel may be a smidge thick) but it's a perfectly serviceable in that scale. My two cents anyway.

Plus, if you find it for sale, you'll probably also have the bonus of a Blu ray set!

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 66
Here's what they look like side by side. The Best Buy sword is 8.5 inches to Asmus' 7. It's not perfect (the pommel may be a smidge thick) but it's a perfectly serviceable in that scale. My two cents anyway.

Plus, if you find it for sale, you'll probably also have the bonus of a Blu ray set!
Definitely looks closer in size to movie version/Asmus Strider sword. It's a shame it came out so small but one certainly can't complain for free! 😀 However, let's hope it's corrected for the full release unlike Elrond's tiny weapon... 😅

We can't have Aragorn charging the Black Gates with a letter opener!

On purpose I avoided trying to get my name on the list for Anduril, due I felt hardcore longtime forum members should have the chance to get it, and it`s not like I`d been a longtime active member of this forum. Don`t get me wrong I was tempted to try, so I am not bigging myself up.
I know as sure as the sun rises some would get it purely to make money and as inevitable as that is, it is still a pisser! I quite agree with those urging not to buy from those tosspots.
Anyway rant over, but it felt good to get it off my chest. I apologise to any who might think it a bit OTT. :peace

I think they also sent it out by email to some of their customers.
Yea, I think there was what? like 50 from the forum allowed on the list, right? However, they said they made 180, so that's 130 possibilities of other ppl selling this.

Last edited:
Ahh damn, a fellow Brit has disgraced the hobby!
Although, if someone is willing to pay £150 for an under-scaled letter-opener when the eventual Black Gate Aragorn will no doubt do it way better then I’ll eat my own copy.

I’m gonna display mine with Arwen for now. I can imagine her moping about with a gift intended for her beloved.
View attachment 559832
It would be cool if Asmus also made a shards of Narsil display

I am hoping they include the shards and pedestal as a deluxe release either with Boromir 2.0 or Elrond in robes.
Would love to see this. I've got the old United Cutlery mini version of that set-up. Have always loved it. (The scale of that piece is all over the place, though, like the entire line of UC's mini swords. The statue is in the neighborhood of 1/6 but the sword is probably a little under 1/4 scale.) So it would be awesome if Asmus could do an accurate Shards of Narsil diorama piece ... either as an accessory to a figure or a stand-alone item.

That's great news! Glad more people will be able get it and that the scale will be corrected down the for the full release.

Back