Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you will need

1 pair of Thinning scissors (can use sharp scissors but more room for error, thinners are best)
1 shadowfax with Hideous Bob
1 comb
1 prayerbook (incase it goes wrong)

comb the hair down either side remembering to keep aside shadowfax’s fringe (bang for our American friends)

take the scissors and hold them vertical to the hair and gently cut up parallel to the section, doing so will subtly soften the harsh edges of the hair.
use your eyes to determine how feathered you want the hair to be, keep in mind DO NOT USE THE SCISSORS HORIZONTALLY keep them vertical at all times cutting up into the section until desired result.

hope this helps.
anymore questions let me know.

View attachment 609511
I wonder how much I would have to pay a barber to do this lol Thank you for the tutorial!!

you will need

1 pair of Thinning scissors (can use sharp scissors but more room for error, thinners are best)
1 comb

comb the hair down either side remembering to keep aside shadowfax’s fringe (bang for our American friends)

take the scissors and hold them vertical to the hair and gently cut up parallel to the section, doing so will subtly soften the harsh edges of the hair.
use your eyes to determine how feathered you want the hair to be, keep in mind DO NOT USE THE SCISSORS HORIZONTALLY keep them vertical at all times cutting up into the section until desired result.

hope this helps.

View attachment 609511
Never in my life did I think I’d have to watch a video on how to use thinning shears. That’s about to change lol. Awesome work on that mane!

you will need

1 comb

hope this helps.

View attachment 609511

This is very kind of you. Though I am somewhat embarrassed to see so many collectors lacking so many simple skills.

My aunt is a hairdresser; how weird would it be for me to show up with a white horse statue and ask her to give it a trim?

She loves LOTR and knows better than to expect regularly acceptable human behaviour out of me so I’m gonna say it’s a good plan.
Do it! And make sure to take a video of the process. :lecture

Anyone else order Gandalf through SS?

I have mine on payment plan through them, but I'm just eager for more images/content while I wait.

Anyone else order Gandalf through SS?

I have mine on payment plan through them, but I'm just eager for more images/content while I wait.
Yep. Seems crazy as this will be the 3rd Gandalf, which seems a bit excessive... but he looked so good and I did love Shadowfax...

Sorry to hear that, my friend. Hope everything smooths out for you real soon. We are all here for support if needed!
As Yoda says,"Death is a natural part of life".

Not to put a dampener or derail the thread.
The unexpected had happened.

I appreciate the kind words fellow freaks!

This guy and Legolas deluxe will come to me as my wife has stepped up and supported.❤

Back