Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus idk if you’re still checking here, but if you have the ability to lighten up the skin tone slightly on upcoming batches of this I think you’d really have a perfect figure.

Edit: I really like the colors of the face, I like that his skin is a little rosy, it gives him more life than many of your previous releases, but it’s just a tad bit too dark overall. If you could just lighten the existing color palette slightly it would look literally perfect.

If it’s not possible it’s still a fantastic release.

Last edited:
There is zero chance this would be a problem on the top of any Detolf unless you also keep some dumbbells up there.

My 20lb cat sleeps on and jumps off my Detolfs every day. This weighs way less than a cat.

No, it's not that I think the detolf can't handle the weight -- I live in earthquake country, and I fear a good shake will topple Shadowfax right over the side. A plastic horse could take the drop... but I fear polystone might snap legs or shatter entirely.

No, it's not that I think the detolf can't handle the weight -- I live in earthquake country, and I fear a good shake will topple Shadowfax right over the side. A plastic horse could take the drop... but I fear polystone might snap legs or shatter entirely.
I live in so cal, if your detolfs are bolted to the wall properly I think it’s not going anywhere unless there’s an earthquake so big that you’ll be worried about more than a little horse.

I don't know, maybe. It's still one of my few concerns.

But that takes nothing away from the fact that its a great set, and will look outstanding in a display.

I know this is a Crown effort, but I hope Asmus can maintain this level of detail on their succeeding figures, like the upcoming Boromir 2.0

I don't know, maybe. It's still one of my few concerns.

But that takes nothing away from the fact that its a great set, and will look outstanding in a display.

I know this is a Crown effort, but I hope Asmus can maintain this level of detail on their succeeding figures, like the upcoming Boromir 2.0
What about Quakehold? Slap some on Shadowfax's feet?

Taking a bunch of iPhone pictures tonight because I am too tired to deal with my camera right now. Will add more as I get good ones.

The rooted hair is impeccable. I can’t find any fault with it in style or craftsmanship. The likeness is great and the paint apps are clean. This one definitely has more life to the paint than previous Asmus releases. His skin tone is a little dark but honestly looks good IMO and kind of gives him a flush complexion like he’s been in battle. I could see people taking issue with it but I’m pretty happy.

The skirt is really not too bad in person but it could be lighter. I think most people will be fine with it.

The staff is too short.

Shadowfax is better than expected.

For some reason mine is completely missing Glamdring and the scabbard. Have already emailed Asmus about a solution.

View attachment 608116View attachment 608117
Shame that the staff is too ahort. That bothers me the most, ngl. Hope someone comes up with a longer alternative staff.

When you say you ironed, you mean just a regular iron? What setting did you have it on?

Shame that the staff is too ahort. That bothers me the most, ngl. Hope someone comes up with a longer alternative staff.

When you say you ironed, you mean just a regular iron? What setting did you have it on?
I ironed it with a regular iron on medium high heat but it’s important to note I ironed it from the back side and I didn’t let it sit on it for long.

I ironed it on a plastic cutting mat too rather than an ironing board which may be too soft.

Taking a bunch of iPhone pictures tonight because I am too tired to deal with my camera right now. Will add more as I get good ones.

The rooted hair is impeccable. I can’t find any fault with it in style or craftsmanship. The likeness is great and the paint apps are clean. This one definitely has more life to the paint than previous Asmus releases. His skin tone is a little dark but honestly looks good IMO and kind of gives him a flush complexion like he’s been in battle. I could see people taking issue with it but I’m pretty happy.

The skirt is really not too bad in person but it could be lighter. I think most people will be fine with it.

He looks great, thanks for sharing. The darker skin tone doesn't really bother me, the cabinet I display my figures in has quite intense LEDs which washes out some of the color so I think it's gonna be fine and IMO its the best representation of the character in 1/6 figure form so far.

I think Asmus has shown us that they can definitely compete with InArt at this level.

Last edited:
Looks great to me. He does have a healthy tan going on but there are images of him looking this way. I think Asmus would be opening a can of worms if they changed anything. Make them all the same.

Last edited:
Thank you for the amazing support and love from the collectors, Gandalf the White has sold out~

We humblly bow to you with pride and appreciation. Enjoy, and we will do our best to bring more great collectibles to you in the near future.

315573751_536905655114031_2020370224675463192_n.jpg

I grabbed him on Sideshow

I could not simply pass up on him, I've always said that this is one figure I always wanted.

Back