Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Yes
2) No, sorry we couldnt get it approved because Gandalf hardly wear it in the film
3) Yes, all other retailer will be carrying it, but they will go through pre-orders (3~4 weeks) before coming back to us, so it will NOT be in stock item like our website does.
4) There will be only ONE version
Good to know other retailers are still getting these. :)

If this has turned out well, I think I'll have to chance the customs fee and order it directly from Asmus to get my hands on it ASAP. Don’t want to wait for 6 months or longer for my supplier to get it in!

I never said my suggestion was honorable!

Shadowfax would like for you to take a ride...

horse-ride-ouch.gif

Odd decision to only offer him with Shadowfax. I was always going for that option but a 1:6 horse is adding at least $100 to the price so slap that onto what GTG cost and you’re probably in the ballpark for GTW’s price.
The ring is not an issue. Do we ever even see him wear it?

I’ve been having good luck with direct Asmus purchases getting through uncharged lately so I’ll consider using them for this.
The only reasons I now have for using elsewhere is the ability to earn store points and the higher guarantee of avoiding customs.

Odd decision to only offer him with Shadowfax. I was always going for that option but a 1:6 horse is adding at least $100 to the price so slap that onto what GTG cost and you’re probably in the ballpark for GTW’s price.
The ring is not an issue. Do we ever even see him wear it?

I’ve been having good luck with direct Asmus purchases getting through uncharged lately so I’ll consider using them for this.
The only reasons I now have for using elsewhere is the ability to earn store points and the higher guarantee of avoiding customs.

He wears it during the Grey Havens sequence at the end of Return of the King. The movie kind of makes a point of showing it.View attachment 562033

It's certainly not a deal-breaker for me, but I'm bummed they're not including Narya. (They did say they would include it when we brought it up earlier in this thread. But maybe New Line or WB said no?)

Just looking for a confirmation. I'd prefer no articulation, personally. Hoping for the Shadowfax that was shown at the convention - which appeared to have none - but that may not have been the final design.

Just looking for a confirmation. I'd prefer no articulation, personally. Hoping for the Shadowfax that was shown at the convention - which appeared to have none - but that may not have been the final design.

I hope not. I would prefer a "MrZ" style, with no ugly joints. I see it as just a prop for the figure.

As cool as it would be to have an articulated horse, it’d be impossible to hide the hideous joints like those old Dragon or Johnny West horses. Mr. Z makes the best mass-market horses out there — that would be the way to go. Outsource to them.

I wouldn't mind a little articulation with just the neck. Maybe just one ball joint at the base of the head that could be covered by the mane. But, yeah, I'd much prefer the horse to be more of a base/accessory then a figure unto itself.

I wouldn't mind a little articulation with just the neck. Maybe just one ball joint at the base of the head that could be covered by the mane. But, yeah, I'd much prefer the horse to be more of a base/accessory then a figure unto itself.
Shadowfax will not be told how to hold his majestic neck.

I have the articulated Nazgul from Asmus (their original velvet steed) and the articulation is basically pointless. A sturdy un-articulated horse would be much simpler. You may think you're going to pose the horse in fantastic ways but it just won't hold a dramatic pose. One-hoof-up is the best you'll get, and then your horse is dangerously unsteady.

Back