Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone that is weird like me and likes to compare old figure parts to new ones, I picked up some of the original GTW parts, here they are next to the current parts. The staff is a styrene rod with a more cone shaped topper. It’s much less fragile as the interior is filled with a clear plastic material. The shoes are sculpted and honestly the sculpt is not bad. May repaint the laces and possibly replace the boots on the current figure

Attachments

• F16FC422-D188-478D-8623-44912F00FD1F.jpeg
    F16FC422-D188-478D-8623-44912F00FD1F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 46A8EA42-8F5E-4D1F-81FA-893CE6EF1D04.jpeg
    46A8EA42-8F5E-4D1F-81FA-893CE6EF1D04.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
For anyone that is weird like me and likes to compare old figure parts to new ones, I picked up some of the original GTW parts, here they are next to the current parts. The staff is a styrene rod with a more cone shaped topper. It’s much less fragile as the interior is filled with a clear plastic material. The shoes are sculpted and honestly the sculpt is not bad. May repaint the laces and possibly replace the boots on the current figure
Yeah the paint on those boots is absolutely caked on- but they do closer resemble the material of the actual thing.

KG did eventually put him up if anyone needs a non US based option that can bypass customs charges.

Shipping to the U.K. was £56 / $66 but that’s by boat, which could take up to 60 days… KG’s shipping situation just keeps getting worse and worse.

Even so, it still worked out £110 / $130 cheaper than buying domestically or from Sideshow!!! I just won’t see him till Q2 23 most likely.

Feel like the figure looks really off in this photo. Think I'll wait for more in-hand photos before doing anything. No real rush to get this.

Thought it was the case with those initial photos they showed way back but he still looks too tan now.

ZOEKELi.png
Damn, he looks like a Professional Solarium goer in this pic !!

For anyone that is weird like me and likes to compare old figure parts to new ones, I picked up some of the original GTW parts, here they are next to the current parts. The staff is a styrene rod with a more cone shaped topper. It’s much less fragile as the interior is filled with a clear plastic material. The shoes are sculpted and honestly the sculpt is not bad. May repaint the laces and possibly replace the boots on the current fig
The staff on the original looks more like a spear.

Mines arrived but he’s a Christmas present to myself.
so do I open him now or wait till the big day 🫣
Best to open now just in case yours has any defects. You can always just box back up and wait to display after Christmas. Not sure what Asmus’ return/replacement window is, but if it’s the typical 30days, you’ll be SOL by the time Christmas comes around if there’s something wrong with it.

I only need my GTG……I only need my GTG…..I only need my GTG…..
I need that new GTG head.
But, this GTW it might be one of those, like Elrond, that I wasn't planning to get, but ended up getting anyway since the figure was so good. It's not that I wouldn't want GTW but trying to save money :lol :lol :lol
and for me Thranduil is a must.
*&^%$ Enablers on this forum.:monkey3

you will need

1 pair of Thinning scissors (can use sharp scissors but more room for error, thinners are best)
1 shadowfax with Hideous Bob
1 comb
1 prayerbook (incase it goes wrong)

comb the hair down either side remembering to keep aside shadowfax’s fringe (bang for our American friends)

take the scissors and hold them vertical to the hair and gently cut up parallel to the section, doing so will subtly soften the harsh edges of the hair.
use your eyes to determine how feathered you want the hair to be, keep in mind DO NOT USE THE SCISSORS HORIZONTALLY keep them vertical at all times cutting up into the section until desired result.

hope this helps.
anymore questions let me know.

BFF11D35-69B3-43FC-AC9E-5E767A8F6FAC.jpeg

you will need

1 pair of Thinning scissors (can use sharp scissors but more room for error, thinners are best)
1 shadowfax with Hideous Bob
1 comb
1 prayerbook (incase it goes wrong)

comb the hair down either side remembering to keep aside shadowfax’s fringe (bang for our American friends)

take the scissors and hold them vertical to the hair and gently cut up parallel to the section, doing so will subtly soften the harsh edges of the hair.
use your eyes to determine how feathered you want the hair to be, keep in mind DO NOT USE THE SCISSORS HORIZONTALLY keep them vertical at all times cutting up into the section until desired result.

hope this helps.
anymore questions let me know.

View attachment 609511
Thanks for this, looks much better now. Might try this when I get mine.

Back