Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I’m recalling correctly, many of you never got a shipped/tracking email, the figure just sort of showed up? Just asking because I ordered on Tuesday morning when it came back in stock and haven’t gotten anything but yet confirmation email, so just wanted to check here.

Very impressed with @Asmus , I know they got a lot of hate for their recent products but this looks like a very solid release and a clear step up from their previous work, the beard in particular looks really good. :clap

New pics from BBICN.
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=389837&_dsign=5ef73ee9
1668902090518.png

1668902157409.png

1668902196094.png

1668902245401.png

So if I’m recalling correctly, many of you never got a shipped/tracking email, the figure just sort of showed up? Just asking because I ordered on Tuesday morning when it came back in stock and haven’t gotten anything but yet confirmation email, so just wanted to check here.
I'm in the same boat as you.
will keep you updated.

Very impressed with @Asmus , I know they got a lot of hate for their recent products but this looks like a very solid release and a clear step up from their previous work, the beard in particular looks really good. :clap

New pics from BBICN.
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=389837&_dsign=5ef73ee9View attachment 608799
View attachment 608800
View attachment 608801
View attachment 608802
Incredible photos! I have no room or need for GtW but these look epic!

Last edited:
I ordered last saturday. Shipping confirmation monday. Received it thursday.

Beautiful photos, R_R_X.

Well, I did a quick opening of the boxes and was blown away by the presentation. I'll share some pics of that instead, as I haven't set up the figure yet.

First, there is the outer shipping box which is made of thick cardboard and protected further with those plastic corner parts. This took the brunt of any dings or mis-handling by the shipping folks.

Inside that, there is plain cardboard box, as extra protection.

Inside of that, we have the figure presentation box itself, which is a thing of beauty. It is made of a slip cover and the figure box itself:

Crown GtW 1 sm.jpg

There is a cover which has foam on the inside. It captures the scene where Gandalf rides out of Minas Tirith to save Faramir and his troops from the attacking Nazgul:

Crown GtW 2 sm.jpg

Upon removing the above cover, you get the first level of the figure. You'll notice that the head sculpt is not attached to the figure but protected even further inside its own box:

Crown GtW 3 sm.jpg

The sculpt is heavily protected in its own presentation box:

Crown GtW 4 sm.jpg

Going one level deeper, you'll get the figure base and Shadowfax, which is heavily protected by additional foam:

Crown GtW 5 sm.jpg

Here is Shadowfax once the cut-out foam is removed:

Crown GtW 6 sm.jpg

The horse is definitely made of polystone and it is heavy.

With the exception of opening up the head sculpt box, I did not remove any part of the figure, as I didn't want to risk losing or breaking anything.

Final thoughts - This figure is amazing and that's from just looking at it in the packaging. It is without a doubt one of the top figures in my collection.

I do have the original GtW release and look forward to comparing the two, aside from the head sculpts which is obviously day and night between the two.

I'm a huge collector of all things "Lord of the Rings" and am so glad to add this set to my collection. Big kudos to Asmus for continuing to raise the bar with their releases.

God I cannot wait for mine to arrive!!
These pics are killing me!
I for one,really like the NO preorder and straight to release strategy.
I know it's not for everyone,but the wait Hot toys and Inart do can be excruciating at times.

REALLY wish for an Old(er) Bilbo head so I could recreate the Grey Haven scene with GtW and Galadriel.

I emailed Asmus about when I could expect mine to ship (ordered Monday morning at 7am GMT) and the reply I received said they were shipping out in order of when each order was received and they aim to have everything posted by Dec 3rd. So either they are waiting on another batch, had an overwhelming amount of orders placed or just very slow at packing... 🤔

Either way, I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this now!

I emailed Asmus about when I could expect mine to ship (ordered Monday morning at 7am GMT) and the reply I received said they were shipping out in order of when each order was received and they aim to have everything posted by Dec 3rd. So either they are waiting on another batch, had an overwhelming amount of orders placed or just very slow at packing... 🤔

Either way, I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this now!
Is it chomping or champing?

Back