Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit and GianToy are unable to sell the figure because Asmus made it a requirement that it be sold ONLY to people who bought Gandalf the Grey.

So pretty much screwed over a lot of international buyers for it.
That's a lot of work to make any retailer go through. I can see why it wasn't worth it to them to try to even carry it. Not to mention, there's no guarantee that ppl who bought GtG would even want GtW. And maybe ppl passed on GtG b/c they prefer the GtW look? That's some really odd business practices.

I’m pretty sure they meant they were only partnering with retailers who sold GtG not individual customers that would be impossible to enforce.

I calculated how much Gandalf the White would cost from the Asmus website to Spain. Fedex always goes through customs because they charge a commission for the procedures. Counting the figure price +shipping costs + 21% VAT + extra tariffs for being a merchandise of more than 150 eur + FedEx charges a commission for customs management: The final price was around $570. However, through TNS, KGHobby or OSK, I would only pay figure + shipping. The sales model only through asmus is unfeasible for buyers from Europe. Via Sideshow is exactly the same.

EDIT: the shipping price also counts to calculate the VAT
Same here in Hungary, except the VAT is 27% not 21%. 😭

It’s a very classy release all round. So far, the main (mane) thing that stands out as a bit off is Shadofax’s perfectly trimmed hair. But otherwise, a beautiful set.
Soooo tempted, but funds are low.😕
Vicarious collecting is imminent.
I hope to see lots of wonderful pics soon.
Tempted too mate, but we seem to be more choosey these days with our collections and have to watch on from the sidelines at times. Which isn’t always a bad thing. Hope if you still want one down the track you can find one!

Tempted too mate, but we seem to be more choosey these days with our collections and have to watch on from the sidelines at times. Which isn’t always a bad thing. Hope if you still want one down the track you can find one!
Cheers RM. I feel like I only need 1 Gandalf for my LOTR shelf for now. That may change in the future, but for now I’ll just enjoy it through other members here.👍👍

Seems the "sell out" a few days ago gave people the proper FOMO to then order this when it became available again.

Besides that, this is still available like everywhere -- BBTS, Timewalker, AlterEgo, Sideshow...
Gandalf: From Middle Earth to Valinor.
Peter Jackson: From New Zeland to world theaters.
Tolkien: From UK to our imagination.
Asmus: From Hong Kong to USA collectors only...

My order of GTW must be somewhere at the end of the line considering how soon after they had "Sold out".

I must say,the inhand pics look amazing.
Cannot wait to get him in.

Aussie here.

I just saw this... Looks like I won't be buying GTW finally...
View attachment 607710
1668674525499.png

No it is not true,
we never said this.
I made that screenshot from OSK's Facebook

I think that Asmus great fault with this release was that they didn't make cimmediatly clear that this was such a limited release. If they clearly labelled the item as 'very limited release' or 'only 500 avaible' people at least have the option to choose how to deal with it... personally i thoght that this was a normal Asmus release, so that this Gandalf should be avaible for months. Luckiky,after the fiest 'sold out' i acted fast to secure my copy. I'm agree that the choice to not open preorder window anymore is bad.... Arwen missing box, ash bad qc or gandalf crown hat or grey eyes have nothing to do with preorder politics, but are weird decision taken from Asmus itself.And to choose to only use fedex as european shipping company it's another weird decision, because fedex takes addctional money to absolve import fees.

Back