Asmus - Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually i'm the don't panic "its just bad pictures" guy.

Better pics will come up soon, just take a chill bill. But.... but... man... this final product has serious Gary Busey Vibes.
Jimmy Nelson's best photography couldn't help this head sculpt lol.

Well… I guess this is a display option…
CF5685C8-7A16-4D18-80FD-F9C0684DCBF7.jpeg

From this photo is really terrible...
Im still happy with the Viva Studio versione

Anyone know of/ know where to get a better head sculpt for this vastly underrated childhood hero of mine? As well as some 1/6 scale animals to complement him?

I was lucky and found a monkey on EBay hehe. I’ll paint the monkey to look like Spike from Nature Calls in the Future.

Also I wanted to ask the community where I can find the outfit he wears on the front cover/ poster art in the second movie (He’s surfing/ riding on 2 alligators in the art I am referencing? Ex: Yellow and black striped pants, specific Hawaiian/ tropical shirt worn??

lastly,

My Ace Ventura currently in my 1/6 collection. The clothing on this figure was pretty good maybe even fantastic I would say.

However, the way Asmustoys did the belt was hella weird though. It was literally glued to the stock figure’s defaulted black pants and was longer than the whole 12” figure itself. Super weird design choice in my opinion? Why not just have belt loops on the back like the bonus exclusive outfit’s red pants?

Anywho, I hope to hear other people’s opinions/ responses. Thanks :)

Attachments

• 2117DCA5-880B-4583-A8E0-F410BEB9F4A8.jpeg
    2117DCA5-880B-4583-A8E0-F410BEB9F4A8.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 4FE9014F-472F-4CBF-A85F-CC1276F650A0.jpeg
    4FE9014F-472F-4CBF-A85F-CC1276F650A0.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 45
I have their original release. Im guessing this is the look you would prefer. I managed to buy the alt set of clothes they did back in the day. As for headsculpts... ive not seen any besides the lame asmus ones. Mine came with 2 different heads andnthe one pictured is the better one. Looks ok with the glasses on. The dog came from the original asmus mask figure.
DSC00003.JPG

20150611_235315.jpg

Holy crap. The mouth on this thing is nightmare inducing. It's like seeing someone with a morbid physical deformity.

Still not great. However, they all seem to be passable with the use of sunglasses. Maybe its difficult to capture the man of a 1000 faces. I know there are some great versions of the mask out there (which are customs that were then recast) but maybe jim carrey is just a difficult face to pin down. The asmus riddler was ok but not great (the backward question marks on the jacket is what stopped me buying that).

If i could have one good figure of jim carrey, it would have to be chip douglas the cable guy. Ive always loved that film. Thats gotta be a face easily replicated. I think smiling sculpts just dont work and for most of the film he has that goofy look similar to the V1 HT marty mcfly.

Does anyone know how to remove the belt from the pants? Why the hell would asmus glue the belt, what a trash company

Back