Asmus - Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely ordering this. Not worried the prototype looks too old, the final product is usually softer which will balance it just right.

Way more exciting then the HT reveals this morning. DC, Marvel, and Star Wars. Yawn..... happy to support something different.

I just took a look at the movie, I am pretty sure he didn't wear that shirt / outfit in the film at all.

Yeah....he does.....:wink1:
av.jpg

I still remember seeing this movie for the first time with absolutely NO idea who Jim Carrey was back then. Holy cow, what an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still remember seeing this movie for the first time with absolutely NO idea who Jim Carrey was back then. Holy cow, what an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I had no idea who he was either. He went on a roll in the 90s, with Ace Ventura, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, Ace Ventura 2, Batman Forever, The Cable Guy, Liar Liar, and The Truman Show. Most of those from 1994-95.

Headsculpt is a vast improvement over their previous one...

DSC00003.JPG

The previous release looks better with sunglasses on though

20150611_235315.jpg

Yeah, a very sparse release. A small menagerie might have helped. Overall, not really liking the final sculpt. Might just be the photos, but I was more interested in the promo pics. Anyhoo, not sure if the Insta link I posted works here for others, so here’s a couple of samples.
56949B43-866F-4F0F-8A44-7D405B1DF79D.jpeg
B73204D4-E7DD-4E01-87F8-15459315EDF4.jpeg

The hair looks well sculpted but the face is really off and the hands are hilariously huge and too big for the body. The clothing doesn't look that great either, also the boots are one solid piece so no ankle articulation. I love this movie, but this does not look good.

I know some love Asmus on here, but I haven't been impressed yet, and I'm worried as I have their Evil Dead Ash DX on order.

The hair looks well sculpted but the face is really off and the hands are hilariously huge and too big for the body. The clothing doesn't look that great either, also the boots are one solid piece so no ankle articulation. I love this movie, but this does not look good.

I know some love Asmus on here, but I haven't been impressed yet, and I'm worried as I have their Evil Dead Ash DX on order.
Maybe this was handed over to their “B” team.
I’m loving my Asmus LOTR figures, but it seems they dropped the ball on this one.
I’m hopeful for Ash. That seems to be a major release for them, so I’m hoping for more effort put into that one.

Usually i'm the don't panic "its just bad pictures" guy.

Better pics will come up soon, just take a chill bill. But.... but... man... this final product has serious Gary Busey Vibes.

gary-busey.jpg

Asmus has been dropping the ball on a few figures lately. There’s some QC issues they really need to sort out.

Back