Asmus 1/6th scale Haldir early tease

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ObiGlennKenobi

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the "Ask Asmus" thread has been locked til further notice,here are digital scans of the Haldir headsculpt from that thread!!
Looking good so far but am hoping they can nail the actor's likeness closer to release!!
Assuming it will be the Helm's Deep version but will take the Lothlorien version too!!
One of my favourite characters from the films!!

Attachments

• 427434-1674075029494.png
    427434-1674075029494.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 427433-1674075013324.png
    427433-1674075013324.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
As the "Ask Asmus" thread has been locked til further notice,here are digital scans of the Haldir headsculpt from that thread!!
Looking good so far but am hoping they can nail the actor's likeness closer to release!!
Assuming it will be the Helm's Deep version but will take the Lothlorien version too!!
One of my favourite characters from the films!!

what happened now? Why was it locked?

what happened now? Why was it locked?

Under the current ownership of the forum business accounts must be sponsors in order to promote their product or interact with customers/potential customers.

Community Guidelines​

I. Advertising.​

(ii) If you would like to become a paid sponsor/advertiser on our sites please contact us via email​

So they not allowed to answer questions on here unless they become sponsors? Just want to make sure I understand it correctly. Personally I liked having the manufacturer present and participating with us here but I get it rules are rules. Hopefully it’s not to hard or expensive to be a sponsor and Asmus decides it is worth it to be one.

Thanks for this. Sculpt looks good so far…it’s a good starting point. :)

I’ll take either version too…I just want a 1/6 scale Haldir!

Last edited:
I hope this ends up being a great figure :)

Renders are unfortunately not something I pay attention to as they could promise the best likeness ever and in the end, the final product might end up being horrible anyway. I really wish Asmus they make Haldir justice as I know many of you are waiting for him for such a long time!

Just a few months back I would say that Asmus Haldir will end up in my collection but now, if he does, it will be the DCS1/4 version.

I think they have managed to capture him in that rendering but I'm concerned about the hair sculpt. Curious to know if this is going to be fully sculpted hair or a combination of sculpted and rooted, which I'm not a real fan of.

Most collectors encourage companies to communicate with their customers... but here they can only do so if they pay up?

I understand its the rules -- but I don't have to like it.

Group Builder buy forums in order to run them for profit, so they have certain rules to make the whole thing viable.

At least in our case they rescued a forum that was left broken and neglected under the previous owner - so broken we didn't even have a working search function for a long time.

I can’t say I’m particularly crazy about the rule, but I understand why it’s done. Still, I can’t help but feel it’s only going to drive away brands who don’t want to drop extra money just to listen to the ever-nitpicky collector community complain about their products. People have certainly been less welcoming with their criticism lately and I don’t think that’s limited to one brand.

Perhaps a workaround for Asmus could be for them to have someone start a personal account, instead of their business one, and just post some updates that way. They have more to lose than gain from not trying to win people over with their products, and they need the good relations now more than ever.

Tough spot for sure.

I think they have managed to capture him in that rendering but I'm concerned about the hair sculpt. Curious to know if this is going to be fully sculpted hair or a combination of sculpted and rooted, which I'm not a real fan of.
I think they kind of half to go with the hybrid route. If you want to pose Haldir aiming his bow, which I’m sure many will, you need to be able to turn the head to the side. That hair in fully sculpted form will make that near impossible.

Unless Asmus is giving their Crown artists this figure to root, I don’t think I want them fully rooting it. And I don’t see them doing that - they’re probably busy working on Thranduil. I’d much hair the hair be sculpted, I just think the figure will be more accurate that way.

After the way the sculpt for the reissue Boromir came out, they have to hit a home run with this figure to show people that’s not going to happen again. Unlike many - I’ve stood by the brand because no one else will ever give us figures into such a wonderful franchise as deep as Asmus has gone. But they have to stop cutting corners. If Haldir and Eowyn don’t come out with the quality Bilbo did, even I’m going to have to walk away. I can’t justify another Boromir situation.

Group Builder buy forums in order to run them for profit, so they have certain rules to make the whole thing viable.

At least in our case they rescued a forum that was left broken and neglected under the previous owner - so broken we didn't even have a working search function for a long time.

There's clearly a lot going on behind the scenes that I am unaware of.

For instance, is Darklord Dave bought out, now known as "the previous owner"? I've never even heard of 'Group Builder' before. I'm so out of it. Just here to entertain the masses.

There's clearly a lot going on behind the scenes that I am unaware of.

For instance, is Darklord Dave bought out, now known as "the previous owner"? I've never even heard of 'Group Builder' before. I'm so out of it. Just here to entertain the masses.

Darklord Dave sold the forum and is working for nanjin's EXO-6 now.

Darklord Dave sold the forum and is working for nanjin's EXO-6 now.

Wow! That's crazy. But good for him, I hope he got a decent price. Happy to hear he's not with Star Ace anymore.

When did Dave sell? I feel like I missed a big moment. I'm guessing it happened around the time those mysterious new power-members started straightening up everything on the site sometime back.

Wow! That's crazy. But good for him, I hope he got a decent price. Happy to hear he's not with Star Ace anymore.

When did Dave sell? I feel like I missed a big moment. I'm guessing it happened around the time those mysterious new power-members started straightening up everything on the site sometime back.

I think the changeover happened in June 2021.

Back