Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly understand where you're coming from.

LOTR was a dream come true for me, being a HUGE fan of the books (all of Tolkien's works) and to finally have it done on the big screen with respect and majesty was awesome, for me.

I actually didn't even begin watching GoT until right before season 7! I binged watch the first 6 seasons and slipped right into season 7. The fact that I was able to watch episode after episode without a year's break in between seasons was fantastic. Character development and their storylines were amazing. The show was definitely "raw", especially in the first several seasons, but then it seemed to move away from that as the stories and character arcs grew in scope. Unfortunately, season 8 was like a rushed slap in the face...

I actually didn't even begin watching GoT until right before season 7! I binged watch the first 6 seasons and slipped right into season 7. The fact that I was able to watch episode after episode without a year's break in between seasons was fantastic.

Yep, I did the exact same thing. I think it was the better way to go. No anticipation for years inbetween. Easier to accept things. And I didn't have the same investment to be let down by Season 7 which I enjoyed. I waited and year and a half for Season 8... and was let down.

so it seems that belt ad quiver is an issue, I don't have the sideshow version so no replacement for me.

I would recommend getting Faramir, regardless, WG. It can truly be a great figure with some tweaks. Mine is in the queue to update, as I liked the character and the figure does look good, as is. Plus, it is the first figure that actually has a numbered limited edition!

Going in knowing that it has some correctable faults should make it a less frustrating acquisition.

Will deal with the issues. IMO futzing is just part of the hobby (like glued parts drying up and falling off or needing a set of tweezers to manipulate stuff etc.)
Unfortunately suspect I will be waiting on my SSC order for a while; don't think Sideshow has him in yet. Should've just ordered from ASMUS:slap

So i finally opened mine up after being a little discouraged by some posts here, and... my thoughts are very mixed. Here's a line or two of my thoughts:

- My crappy cell phone photo won't do it justice, but the face sculpt looks really good to me in person.
- The non-articulated boots are frustrating to deal with.
- I really like the material they went with or the cloak. I feel like it drapes really nicely. Both clasps came off almost immediately however. No biggie there, just frustrating.
- The quiver is an absolute disaster, from the strap being too long, to the buckle being the wrong way (they did it the right way, but the strap ends up going the wrong way), and the softgoods piece inside missing detail. I ended up taking the strap off and gluing it down in a spot that will have the buckle sit in a better place than his back. I ran the excess under his cloak and under the shoulder.
- My plan was to display him without the duster, and just with the cape, as that's my favorite look for Faramir, but I may have to rethink that because.. well the paint on plastic chest piece is kind of a mess.

Overall, I don't love this figure.. I wanted him to be one of my top 3 in the line, as he's my favorite character from the books/movies. I don't hate it either. I wish I had the Sideshow Faramir to kitbash a few parts together. Maybe I'll pick one up down the line.

X4BgoPU.png

sA2T56r.png

9snxQRx.png

Wow the paint on that chest piece is pretty bad. Also I just learned that the bow is not included if you order it outside of their website.

Wow the paint on that chest piece is pretty bad. Also I just learned that the bow is not included if you order it outside of their website.

I planned on getting him further down the line, but honestly wouldn?t particularly want him without his long bow.

How long do the online store exclusives last?

I have Galadriel on order and again, wouldn?t be as excited if she came without the mirror and alter... but in the case of Elrond; they still have him in stock but there is no mention of the exclusive flag being included in the online store version anymore (this addition would not bother me in the slightest, unlike the other characters accessories).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I planned on getting him further down the line, but honestly wouldn?t particularly want him without his long bow.

I have Galadriel on order and again, wouldn?t be as excited if she came without the mirror and alter... but in the case of Elrond; they still have him in stock but there is no mention of the exclusive flag being included in the online store version anymore (this addition would not bother me in the slightest, unlike the other characters accessories).

Seems like an odd choice to make an exclusive since his bow was his main weapon. I understand if it was the sword as the exclusive but the bow? And he has a quiver still but no bow if you buy this at bbts. It’s like hot toys makes Thor’s hammer a sideshow exclusive.

I thought the paint was supposed to be weathering?

I'd want his bow too but had managed to source a bow off the 'bay this past summer. IMO something like the bow shoudn't have been an ex for this fig.

Far as I know if u order from ASMUS it's a permanent store ex. That's why I'll get Galadriel from ASMUS directly - she also has an ex.

Buying directly from Asmus isn’t as viable for me as it is for US residents just like buying from Sideshow will also incur massive customs fees so purchasing figures for exclusive items is rarely a frugal choice. Due to that, I believe exclusive items should never be essential character accessories or alternate/superior head sculpts.
Seeing Asmus make entire deluxe packages exclusive now with Galadriel and Aragorn is worrying. These deluxes should be offered at all stores- especially Galadriel with the mirror- and the exclusive item could just be some lembas bread or they should bring back BAF pieces for generic soldiers/Orcs as exclusive-only inclusions. Elrond’s banner is the perfect exclusive item. It’s not essential to his appearance, it’s also very cool and tempting but I don’t feel like I’m hugely missing out in not having it. If they make a Gollum figure down the road and an interchangeable Sm?agol head is the exclusive then I’d find that extremely insulting.

I thought that but saw that Elrond was still available but no mention of the exclusive flag now?

I would e-mail ASMUS - they can probably get you the flag one way or other. As long as you order from them directly.

SSC sent me a delay notice on Faramir.

I should have just ordered from ASMUS directly. And I will, for Galadriel. *Sigh*. IMO he looks great.

Received Faramir for Christmas! Although I wish he came with rooted hair, I think he is up there as one of the best from Asmus! Great sculpt, attire and accessories!

One thing I?ve struggled with is posing him with an arrow ready to fire from the longbow. Has anyone managed to this?

Settled for this pose for now and I?m quite happy with it! Would be great to see any others!

6b9b640eea558a165b0e965d8033cdbd.jpg

158c7ae57e623bcda7a733cebc5751de.jpg

e20083c93635bf9c08b191c0166f45fb.jpg

Back