Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The expression on the sculpt kept me from buying it, but you guys have been so high on the figure I’m considering telling the wife this is the one.

Also - moral of the story here do nice things for your wives they may actually get you a figure so you don’t have to lie about getting it in a contest win or timing delivery on your work from home days. Haha.

Top 5 of all time? Honest question, you really think this figure is that good?
Yes. Now again my bias for Lord of the Rings is probably showing but I cannot think of a figure for me that ranks so high in every catering for me (fun, quality of clothes, accessories, value, likeness and even the box was great in my opinion). To me old Bilbo is Asmus’ overall best figure and I have every single one of their Middle Earth figures. Might not be the best in any one category but when looked at as a whole it’s my favorite of theirs. Hot Toys has put out some great ones as has some other companies but to me I would definitely have this one in my top five. For me a lot of Hot Toys get dinged for feeling so fragile. Bilbo has been moved all around the house and even the kids have handled him a little bit.

The expression on the sculpt kept me from buying it, but you guys have been so high on the figure I’m considering telling the wife this is the one.

Also - moral of the story here do nice things for your wives they may actually get you a figure so you don’t have to lie about getting it in a contest win or timing delivery on your work from home days. Haha.
Yes always do nice things for the wife. :)

I was not super fond of the expression either until I had it in hand. For whatever reason in person it does not bother me at all. I actually like it a lot although I would not have minded an additional more happy expression as well.

E7D4BC29-C735-4066-833A-5B6C83E8AE38.jpeg

I got my Bilbo a desk/ unfortunately it was too tall, but otherwise looks fine so I guess I’ll chop down the legs.

He arrived yesterday and I am so beyond happy with him.
Incredible figure, the costume is wonderful and the likeness is great, the expression isn't half so gloomy as it looks in pictures, quite a natural facial expression in real life and if you have him posed smoking it looks especially good.
Honestly this is one of those figures that just made me smile, I could feel the warmness and homeliness of those Hobbiton scenes with Bilbo by just looking at the figure. I was looking at all the fine details for a while and though this isn't the most complex, badass or esoteric design out there, I will say that this is just a figure that some part of you falls in love with a little - if you're anything like me that is. :ROFLMAO:
Loved the box - such a clever idea to mimic the Red Book of Westmarch and the In memory page to Ian Holm was such a genuine and kind touch that showed a lot of love for the character and the performance.
If you are on the fence I would advise getting him - its a great piece.
I'm very happy I used my rewards points for this chap.
I loved the smoking jacket look so much I couldn't bring myself to put him in the travelling gear, so I gave his rucksack and stick to Young Bilbo and now have them flanking Thorin on a shelf.
I would love a desk and chair setup like @Galacticat though - that furniture looks lovely.
Hell, while I'm wishing, I would love to have this Bilbo in the big Weta Bag End Diorama - that would look spectacular I am sure.
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-05 at 04.54.28.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-05 at 04.54.29.jpeg

Well, my wife has officially purchased a Bilbo figure for me. I’d like to thank the Wizarding World for making this happen. And the Franklin Institute in the otherwise shithole Philadelphia, USA for having a wonderful exhibit that I took my wife to for this to happen.

If you’re not from the east coast in the USA - we in New Jersey have a mostly unserious hatred for people from Pennsylvania, mostly due to their driving abilities on our highways. Do not take this post that seriously.

If you’re from Pennsylvania - stay off my roads Philadelphia sucks.

Anyway, very excited for Bilbo. Asmus please don’t forget my Gandalf hat!

Well, my wife has officially purchased a Bilbo figure for me. I’d like to thank the Wizarding World for making this happen. And the Franklin Institute in the otherwise shithole Philadelphia, USA for having a wonderful exhibit that I took my wife to for this to happen.

If you’re not from the east coast in the USA - we in New Jersey have a mostly unserious hatred for people from Pennsylvania, mostly due to their driving abilities on our highways. Do not take this post that seriously.

If you’re from Pennsylvania - stay off my roads Philadelphia sucks.

Anyway, very excited for Bilbo. Asmus please don’t forget my Gandalf hat!
if you don't get the hat,let me know.
I have mine that I got with my Old Bilbo and would happily send it to you from Downunder. 😍

Back