Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I know how you feel…I’m still waiting for mine too…the UK retailers are also taking ages to get him in stock!! :thud:

20220822_101720.jpg

Bravo @Asmus
Old Bilbo is a stellar edition to the LOTR collection.
Everything from the detail of the clothing,the headsculpt,the walking stick,the pot,cup,pipe and backpack!!!
AMAZING!!
The packaging is sublime!
I REALLY hope you can do something similiar with future releases in the line in regards to the box art and packaging etc.
Not sure what else I can add,other than that I'm grateful that I've picked this guy up,and the lightspeed shipping-5 day turnaround from payment to in-house.
Thankyou!

p.s..appreciate the GtG hat ❤
20220822_101814.jpg

20220822_102211.jpg

20220822_101645.jpg

20220822_101653.jpg

I will see what else I can come up with.
I was thinking in the cereal box,inside a brand new toilet roll,maybe in her make-up draw OR just leave it next to her phone on her bedside table.
When she is asleep,ill txt her in the hopes she'll wake up and it will scare her.
Was also thinking of putting it in my daughter's lunch bag 😁
I must be careful as I dont want them to throw it away hahahaa.

Wife did say "OMG what is THAT!?" when coming up the stairs.
I put the head in one of her art drawers and it faces towards the stairs as you come up them.
😁😁😁😁😁

I decided to be nice and take the wife to the Harry Potter exhibit in Philadelphia over Labor Day weekend. She decided to be nice and buy me a figure. Do I choose Bilbo? 🤔

I decided to be nice and take the wife to the Harry Potter exhibit in Philadelphia over Labor Day weekend. She decided to be nice and buy me a figure. Do I choose Bilbo? 🤔
Yes! He is easily in my top 5 figures of all time. Of course I am biased towards anything Tolkien but I have seen a lot of 1/6 figures through years and at least in my opinion he is top notch.

Yes! He is easily in my top 5 figures of all time. Of course I am biased towards anything Tolkien but I have seen a lot of 1/6 figures through years and at least in my opinion he is top notch.
Top 5 of all time? Honest question, you really think this figure is that good?

I would say that it could be a similar thing to having a favourite song or movie, it's what emotionally resonates with the individual. If a figure captures a certain quality of the character/actor and triggers memories or moments, it will become a favourite. There may be "better" or more complex figures out there, but I totally love my Gimli because he "feels" like Gimli to me. I feel the same way about Hoth Leia. My eye always gets drawn to her amongst the collection.

Oh yeah, art is totally subjective. Even so, I was just surprised to see that someone liked it so much it was in their top 5 of all time, even with the expression on the sculpt. Trust me, I love Tolkien and definitely wasn’t being critical.

All good! Your query wasn't critical at all. I hope you didn't take my response as being defensive on behalf of the other member. :gandalf
I'm just fascinated by how we are drawn to collecting certain things like little plastic reperesentations of make-believe characters!

Back