Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I trouble you to ask where you got the barrels? This is brilliant.
Thanks! I bought them used (much cheaper) from a fellow collector...but they can be found on ebay, and etsy.
just look for 1/6 scale wine barrel. They are made in China out of wood and well put together.
I cut one in half, drilled the tap holes in the other two, then made the plug out of epoxy putty.
He looks great standing on a full barrel sitting atop the grass base he comes with!
(crappy cell pic)
asas.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I bought them used (much cheaper) from a fellow collector...but they can be found on ebay, and etsy.
just look for 1/6 scale wine barrel. They are made in China out of wood and well put together.
I cut one in half, drilled the tap holes in the other two, then made the plug out of epoxy putty.
He looks great standing on a full barrel sitting atop the grass base he comes with!
(crappy cell pic)
View attachment 588096
Thank you! Much appreciated! If anything pushes me over the edge to buy this, it’s going to be your photos. Great job, looks awesome.

(crappy cell pic)
View attachment 588096
Incredible!! Thanks for posting :duff
Xx

Can I trouble you to ask where you got the barrels? This is brilliant.

I was looking too, and here is what I found

You can buy 1 for 12, or 3 for 32 (plus $2 ship) here: 12.67US $ 22% OFF|1/6 Scale Action Figure Accessory Simulated hollow Wood Wine Barrels Cask Model Barrel for 12 Inch Doll Scene DIY Ornaments| | - AliExpress

This one is $11- although it's a coffee barrel...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/225...116579207288195944e2b1e!12000018006214524!sea
These are more pricey, a little bigger, but functional!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...f16579214536783759ea128!12000022702854962!sea

Aussie collectors might have to hold out for a bargain. Just checked eBay au, and geez. They have us over a …. well…..barrel😋
Might end up 3D printing one.

Attachments

• 08B4BFF0-368D-46D1-990C-9F8276AC0B27.jpeg
    08B4BFF0-368D-46D1-990C-9F8276AC0B27.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0
@Asmus I’ll make a deal with you.

If you can give the group here a meaningful update on where things stand with upcoming figures for Boromir, Haldir, Gil-Galad and Thranduil, tell us if you are actually considering a new Eowyn, and promise me I’ll get a Gandalf hat, I’ll buy a Bilbo this weekend.

All you have to do if provide a good update on the requested characters and you’ll have a sale. The choice is yours.

@Asmus I’ll make a deal with you.

If you can give the group here a meaningful update on where things stand with upcoming figures for Boromir, Haldir, Gil-Galad and Thranduil, tell us if you are actually considering a new Eowyn, and promise me I’ll get a Gandalf hat, I’ll buy a Bilbo this weekend.

All you have to do if provide a good update on the requested characters and you’ll have a sale. The choice is yours.
This sounds like a perfectly respectable deal! :clap (y)

Still time to make a deal here @Asmus! I’m sure a little bit of information to provide some updates can’t be too much trouble…I’m ready to purchase if you share some news with us!

Is the Bilbo thread the best place to contact Asmus? Seems rather odd to me.

Regardless, it seems they are doing Shadofax and Gandalf the White next- per SDCC preview. They look pretty good.

Is the Bilbo thread the best place to contact Asmus? Seems rather odd to me.

Regardless, it seems they are doing Shadofax and Gandalf the White next- per SDCC preview. They look pretty good.
Don't worry, you'll also see the same question about Haldir in every other Asmus thread. It's just part of the culture now.

Back