Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to TNS Asmus has canceled orders for Gollum Deluxe. Instead of the base with the rock and the fish, they offer us a wonderful baseball cap. There is no possible way to defend asmus anymore... After a year and a half since the preorder... It's time to print my own Gollum and cancel orders.
Asmus 🫣 this is a really bad decision.
While I didn’t pre-order Gollum, I can imagine the frustration after waiting for so long.
This is not a good look if it’s genuinely from them and it would have been better to not even mention the hat because it just seems insulting.

A better thought would be to include one of the new Gollum heads - or both !

I can confirm that my order is canceled and I received a refund of the preorder deposit. From what I've seen in Facebook comments on Asmus posts about the new heads, I'm not the only one affected. Strangely I didn't care. I like asmus figures, I have all the ones from middle earth except Tauriel, but their sales policies have been stressing me out for a long time. Buying Asmus from Europe is a lottery. You never know if the retailers are going to have the product, if you are going to be overloaded with excessive fees and taxes... It seems that it is not as bad to lose a figure as I thought. First world problems.

FYI- all three of this guy's options on Sideshow's site are now marked as "LOW STOCK REMAINING." Since I have been planning to pay for him in full with SS reward points, this forced me to finally decide between getting Gollum or Smeagol, so Smeagol it is! My estimated total (just for shipping) was $23.83.

Hey guys,
I received my Smeagol, but i think i have a problem with him.

I wanted to display it squatting with the legs bent, but it's impossible to attach them to the body, they always fall off, which is very annoying.

At first I thought I was doing it wrong, but when I take the "normal straight legs" off or put them back on, they clip on perfectly and hold very well.

In short, I think there's something wrong with my folded legs... they're unusable because they come off at the slightest movement, and don't clip to the body like the straight legs.

Do you have the same problem?
Or your folded legs clip on perfectly and hold well even when you move them?

Mine were tricky to get on. Something about th4e angle of his crouch and the ball attachment makes it weird. But I was able to get mine attached by heating the up.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I received my Smeagol, but i think i have a problem with him.

I wanted to display it squatting with the legs bent, but it's impossible to attach them to the body, they always fall off, which is very annoying.

At first I thought I was doing it wrong, but when I take the "normal straight legs" off or put them back on, they clip on perfectly and hold very well.

In short, I think there's something wrong with my folded legs... they're unusable because they come off at the slightest movement, and don't clip to the body like the straight legs.

Do you have the same problem?
Or your folded legs clip on perfectly and hold well even when you move them?
Are they just loose when attached, or can you not clip them on? Mine wouldn't clip on at all, but once i heated them up they popped on fine.

Are they just loose when attached, or can you not clip them on? Mine wouldn't clip on at all, but once i heated them up they popped on fine.
In fact, I have the impression that the legs are on but they don't clip on, and as soon as I move them, they fall off.

Thanks everyone for your advice, I'll try with a hair dryer tomorrow.

Heat should loosen a joint that's hard to pop on/off. Not sure if it will help if the joint is too loose. Isn't there a mod people have done with ... I want to say ... clear nail polish? That putting a layer on the ball or socket (and letting it dry thoroughly) will tighten a joint? Am I remembering that correctly, or did I make that up?

But before you try anything like that, definitely make sure whether the issue is the joint being too tight to pop all the way on, or that the joint is too loose once it's full popped on.

Last edited:
Well, I finally tried using the hairdryer, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference...
In fact, my problem is that I can't clip them on, which is why they won't hold :(

Take a look at this photo, it's the best I can do

the pegs don't go all the way into the legs even when heated with the hair dryer, that's why they don't hold at all (it's even worse for the 2nd leg which doesn't hold).

For standard straight legs, I have no problem at all, they clip on very easily, the pegs fit completely into the legs, and they hold perfectly.

You might want to try really hot water. That's my go-to. Just pop a mug of water in the microwave. Doesn't have to be boiling. (Probably shouldn't be.) Just hot. The dip the leg socket in the hot water for a few seconds and then try popping it on again. (Might need to try a few times if it doesn't work the first time. Just dunk the socket in the hot water for a longer.)

Well, I finally tried using the hairdryer, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference...
In fact, my problem is that I can't clip them on, which is why they won't hold :(

Take a look at this photo, it's the best I can do

the pegs don't go all the way into the legs even when heated with the hair dryer, that's why they don't hold at all (it's even worse for the 2nd leg which doesn't hold).

For standard straight legs, I have no problem at all, they clip on very easily, the pegs fit completely into the legs, and they hold perfectly.
As Bucky said, dipping it into boiling/hot water works best for a ball joint and socket.

You might want to try really hot water. That's my go-to. Just pop a mug of water in the microwave. Doesn't have to be boiling. (Probably shouldn't be.) Just hot. The dip the leg socket in the hot water for a few seconds and then try popping it on again. (Might need to try a few times if it doesn't work the first time. Just dunk the socket in the hot water for a longer.)
Wow thank you for this tips, it work perfectly!
Legs clips very easily and hold without problem (y)

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if this lacquer shiny stripe on my figure's right leg above the knee is normal? Of course it shines that much only if the light is reflected from it in a special angle, but it's a bit too much to me especially above the knee - and I don't see it on the other leg. But I have it on both figures, so that might be intentional, but I want to make sure. Thanks!

Attachments

• gollum.jpg
    gollum.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes it is normal, unfortunately. It is the where the mold is splitted in half (parting line)
for some parts we can fixed it or made almost seemless, but for this join embedded part (legs and arms)
it is the best we can do so far

Back