Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
For the six gesture set shows on the photos, it's a typo as "one pair of fist hand" in description . Then, we updated it as one pair of "crutch posture" hand. There is no fist hand for Gollum/Sméagol. Please be noted.

After long discussion for LOTR030LUX , we will add one more hand set for it in final production. So it would be two sets( every hand gestures would be two pairs, totally 12 pcs) as updated.
And the haired feet will be revised as normal one in its final production. Thanks for your precious opinions.

Hey guys,
For the six gesture set shows on the photos, it's a typo as "one pair of fist hand" in description . Then, we updated it as one pair of "crutch posture" hand. There is no fist hand for Gollum/Sméagol. Please be noted.

After long discussion for LOTR030LUX , we will add one more hand set for it in final production. So it would be two sets( every hand gestures would be two pairs, totally 12 pcs) as updated.
And the haired feet will be revised as normal one in its final production. Thanks for your precious opinions.
That's cool and all and I appreciate you guys listening and addressing concerns.
But I just want to know if the sculpt is also being improved.

Don't get me wrong, not saying it is bad. I would not have preordered it if not, but I do believe the facial details are a little too soft.

Definitely seconding that about the sculpt. I do like em but they definitely could be better with a few tweaks.

Hey guys,

Great news Asmus 👍

Anyone else having a hard time deciding what to get? The luxury set has a cool diorama and a better value for money but I don't need two figures. I can also probably just find a random rock to use to as a diorama. And if I buy just the figure I can't even decide which one I want Gollum or Smeagol. They both look good.

Personally, I went with the Lux. I think the dio will add a lot more display options. Although I'll probably only display one figure at a time, having the option of swapping them from time to time is appealing (not to mention having a spare body in case the rubber/silicone starts to degrade in the hopefully distant future).
I rarely order deluxe/luxury editions, but with a character like Gollum/Smeagol, they seem worth it. :ring

Lux is a no brainer, I love the diorama pieces so far and the set comes with 2 sets of hands now. I may not end up displaying both at same time however, the option is nice.

Anyone else having a hard time deciding what to get? The luxury set has a cool diorama and a better value for money but I don't need two figures. I can also probably just find a random rock to use to as a diorama. And if I buy just the figure I can't even decide which one I want Gollum or Smeagol. They both look good.
As for me I think I will only buy the Gollum version. I already have 1/4 Neca Smeagol that I displayed with my Bilbo so I don’t think I need another. I have plenty of rock diorama from my dad’s aquarium collection that I could recreate the Asmus rock dio. But I’m planning to pose my Gollum together with Frodo and Sam with the elven rope tied to his neck.

Attachments

• 2F577FE6-D2AD-4F4D-AA24-F7562AB42D72.jpeg
    2F577FE6-D2AD-4F4D-AA24-F7562AB42D72.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 42
Back