Art Figures 1/6 Dark Furyan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New Riddick up for preorder. Art Figure AF025 The Dark Furyan
7A994E69-B499-4908-BBCC-55D6975E326F.jpeg
D9A5E115-C7A2-49A3-B409-390C953CFB6B.jpeg
52C12029-B38C-4A85-A158-DC4542F59026.jpeg
1F98B2BB-65F5-453E-BF2A-2B2F11BD9ADB.jpeg
4D8C7CBF-F8AE-4651-9506-1355CFC1BD4F.jpeg
5FF4A328-225D-4DD5-9EAC-98B401CF4D75.jpeg
6E2AA069-C02C-431C-95C9-48966C269849.jpeg

Up at TNS $158
and OSK $160

this looks really great but I still prefer the look of the previous version over this one. Put this headsculpt on the old one and you're golden. I do think the arms on the new body need to be a bit bigger as well.

What? I just bought the previous version for a pretty penny :D

Oh well...

It's going to be quite a number to change the body if someone would want to swith to an M33, like many did with the previous version (I am in the process of doing it).

Biggest gripes are those tiny not-silvery eyes which are going to end up covered by the goggles anyway. And the ankle joints, it seems the boots do not swivel which is a crime against humanity.

Also release date November 2020???

Already preordered at OSK. I passed up the first release and regret it, this version was my second wanted one to the first. Overall he looks good he just needs the eyes fixed assuming the lighting is making it look darker then it is.

Can’t exactly call it an accurate likeness to the character when he just has Vin Diesel’s regular human eyes. Crazy oversight there. I’ve been desperate to find the original for ages now but this one will have to suffice and perhaps it could lead to an updated version of classic Riddick or re-release soon. Any Riddick is better than no Riddick.

Hopefully they fix the eyes . Still jumped on this preorder as I love this Dune meets Conan look and I missed out on the orignal

Yeah... Might be a pinhead problem there. Unless this is a majorly new body (doubt it) to make it look muscled they've shrunk the head size imo

Well this is clearly a new body. I am curious, what are you basing your impression that the head on the new one has been shrunk?

Well this is clearly a new body. I am curious, what are you basing your impression that the head on the new one has been shrunk?

In my experience: "new body" doesn't necessarily mean 'accurate' body.
1. Boy Black is a case in point... When stood beside regular muscular bods, his is particularly scrawny. His clothes were way to small to even be utilised.
2. having been making Riddick in 6th scale for 20+ years, I can compare the anatomy of this figure with the proportion of head to limbs - it simply looks "off" to me
3. Shrinking the head is a common trick with initial photos to give the impression of bulk on the body.
Is that enough examples?

In my experience: "new body" doesn't necessarily mean 'accurate' body.
1. Boy Black is a case in point... When stood beside regular muscular bods, his is particularly scrawny. His clothes were way to small to even be utilised.
2. having been making Riddick in 6th scale for 20+ years, I can compare the anatomy of this figure with the proportion of head to limbs - it simply looks "off" to me
3. Shrinking the head is a common trick with initial photos to give the impression of bulk on the body.
Is that enough examples?
So do you think it’s just a marketting ploy where they’ve tweaked the photos or that the actual figure will have a tiny head.
Tye fact that Boy Black used a small body isn’t particularly relevant as this is clearly a different body and it’s been absolutely ages since that figure came out. However, I do agree that this head is definitely not as big as Vin’s should be. The guy’s got a large dome.

No drama. I was just asking. Main reason this looks like a new body, apart from the obvious arms difference, is the lack of an Adam's apple on this new one.

So do you think it’s just a marketing ploy where they’ve tweaked the photos or that the actual figure will have a tiny head.

Both! Bad news (I feel) for what will end up in-hand.

The fact that Boy Black used a small body isn’t particularly relevant as this is clearly a different body and it’s been absolutely ages since that figure came out. However, I do agree that this head is definitely not as big as Vin’s should be. The guy’s got a large dome.

...and he is quite bulky too. Way bigger than what a standard 1:6th figure could be. Vin's head isn't particularly large per se, but on these images it's been altered.

Why does time matter when it's being made by the same company. Alter what goes into a mold and you have a different item coming out.
Alter it a little, (or a lot) and you'll have little (or a lot) of difference

No drama. I was just asking. Main reason this looks like a new body, apart from the obvious arms difference, is the lack of an Adam's apple on this new one.

No drama either... Did I answer your questions? It's discussion of a 1:6th figure on a character I happen to really like and have made. Simple.
I imagine it (the body) would be made by the same or similar people as the 1.0 - so not THAT different. really.

its looks like a different body than boy black but we will only know when some of us get the figure in hand. I have the art figures Dredd and it looks nearly identical to the pre order images.

Has anyone pre-ordered this? I would like to see some in hand photos to make a buying decision. I always wanted a Vin Diesel head sculpt but never found a good one. This looks decent from the promotion photos but not sure how it looks in person.

Back