Art Figures - 1/6 AF-029 Edward Scissorhands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also does anyone have any suggestions for putting the belts on the leg? Done 1 other 2 just refuse to even go through?

Tip for those putting in the pegs, use some heat.

PXL_20230116_232525070.jpg
PXL_20230116_230815785.jpg
PXL_20230116_230606923.jpg

Wow incredible figure got mine today how ever this is such a delicate figure. It's very frustrating to put together to the point when my 2nd arrives I'm possibly selling.

Out the box bits have fallen off and chipped. Poor effort on art figures. would have been better if was in a separate box or made of metal.
Chipped straight out of the box or you chipped stuff when trying to fit?

I used tweezers and the magnifier app on my phone. Just push and push and shove it through and once you get enough thru the buckle I used tweezers to pull it thru the rest of the way. It's a pain in the butt. I spent way too much of my Saturday wrestling with them.

A little worried about receiving mine now 😅 hopefully I’ll have better luck but sounds like the the straps and applying the “fingers” on the hands are just a straight up pain across the board.

I guess it’s a good thing that Present Toys went with sculpted rubber or soft plastic for their straps.

I usually get a toothpick or tiny flat head screwdriver to poke through the end of a 1/6 strap before grabbing it with needle nose pliers to pull it through.
You can damage the material if you’re too rough but that’s almost preferable to wasting hours in frustration.

A have slightly grown finger nails most the time for guitar picking too which also come in handy for this type of work.

Guess, whenever mine arrives, I’ll save putting him together for a weekend day as it sounds like it might take awhile.

Man, you guys weren’t kidding. This was kinda tough to assemble. Toothpick and tweezers was a good idea on the leg straps. Might as well take that left boot off while you’re at it.

Anyone know what the black rubbery string is for?

Plastic tweezers are probably best, rather that metal. I have some rubber-tipped ones somewhere.

And if you don't have those, just slap some electrical tape over the tips of your tweezers.
Problem with that is electrical tape is smooth. Plastic tweezers still have grip. Could use tape, but would need to be something with grip to it. Racket tape would be better.

Man, you guys weren’t kidding. This was kinda tough to assemble. Toothpick and tweezers was a good idea on the leg straps. Might as well take that left boot off while you’re at it.

Anyone know what the black rubbery string is for?
I think it is used to simulate the spring and iron wire on the hand. But it requires strong hands -on production capabilities. If you think it is necessary to add all the details and it is worth it. I give up, it is too difficult for me.

I think it is used to simulate the spring and iron wire on the hand. But it requires strong hands -on production capabilities. If you think it is necessary to add all the details and it is worth it. I give up, it is too difficult for me.
I think you’re right. You can see it on his right hand in this image:

1674022046661.jpeg

Not sure if my hands are nimble enough to attach it.

After much delay, mine finally arrived and overall pretty happy with it upon first impressions. We’ll see how that changes when I attempt to put it together later this evening 😅 I did find a tiny broken piece floating under the figure. Have no idea where it goes so I guess that’s a good thing that way I don’t know what actually broke 🤣 defiantly going to use a hairdryer to put the “fingers” in. Just happy to get it in hand. Paint apps looks really really good on the headsculpt

So, I thankfully didn’t have any issues putting the leg straps on, though I do understand why others may of had a hard time. I used a pair of thin, metal tweezers and slowly but surely was able to get each strap through its respective buckle.

I did take the hands off to try to replace the flesh tone wrist joints with black BUT the included wrist joints would not budge, even using pliers. Odd that they included a spare pair of wrist joints seeing how difficult it is to even get them out. Putting the hands back on was a bit of a chore with having to plug all the pieces back into the wrist wraps. Still have one more hand to go.

I also managed to get the black rubber “string” piece in small holes. Had to really study some high res promo pics to get an idea of how it was supposed to go. I’ll post post pics sometime this weekend in case anyone would like it give it try.

And while the straps are pleather, the other parts of the suit don’t seem like pleather to me, but some other type fabric material. Definitely see why Present Toys went the same way HT did by using the sculpted plastic/rubber straps instead of real fabric material. Overall though, still really dig the figure! The headsculpt is on point and it’s really awesome to have a much wanted Depp character in the collection.

Last edited:
I am seriously not looking forward to this figure, but at the same time, I can't wait.

Think I'll open the box, prop it up in one of the display cabinets, aim a mini spotlight at it, and call it done.

I got on here to talk about about what a pain in the butt this thing was to assemble looks like everyone already covered it hahaha! Nightmare BUT the sculpt is awesome and the whole figure is amazing once it’s all done

Back