Art Figures - 1/6 AF-029 Edward Scissorhands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/present-toys-1-6-pt-sp52-edward-scissorhands.247363/

Oh wow, Dec ‘22? They must have already started work on this. Surprised they didn’t put out a PO months ago..

Everything about this is freaky.

Freaky figure from a freaky film by a freaky director, announced in a freaky way with great secrecy. The reveal of a freaky short release date, and then the immediate freaky reveal of the same freaky character by another freaking company! :lol

Question is will the Art figures one be real leather or pleather? Art figures from what I've seen are pretty decent for the price.

The specs say "faux leather fabric" for the top and trousers.

Present's will be a leather or sorts. But whether it's from actual sheets of genuine leather, or from leftover scraps of genuine leather rolled together and bonded to a new backing is something you can only tell in hand.

A lot of people had problems with the pleather on Art's Dredd figures flaking, though all mine are still fine.

The specs say "faux leather fabric" for the top and trousers.

Present's will be a leather or sorts. But whether it's from actual sheets of genuine leather, or from leftover scraps of genuine leather rolled together and bonded to a new backing is something you can only tell in hand.

A lot of people had problems with the pleather on Art's Dredd figures flaking, though all mine are still fine.
Yeah, my Dredd fig started to flake a bit, which is a shame as I love that fig. Not gonna lie the pleather on this fig makes me hesitant to order, even though it looks really good.

I have the HT version and its in great condition, but the sculpt is not Depp... I would pick this up just for the sculpt and throw it on my HT version where the wardrobe is a bit more accurate to the source material. The HT figure is still one of my favorites in the collection. The shelf presence of the character is amazing.

This thing looks incredible. I haven't seen the movie in ages though, so not sure if it's a character I really need in the collection.

Yeah, I kind of feel like between the two there will be plenty of parts on ebay to build-your-own figure... IF you really want this movie on your shelf.

This prototype looks incredible. I’m skeptical about how the final product will turn out and how the pleather will hold up but I’m definitely pre-ordering this

Tbh I'll get both. Both have pro's and cons but least if the pleather flakes the present toys has the extra outfit to cover it.

Pros - Art
Great sculpt
body shape and outfit are good.
Stand is pretty cool
Released soon

Cons
Pleather
Not rooted
No extra outfit

Present toys

Pros
Nice sculpt with rooted hair
Real leather
Extra outfit

Cons
Hair needs work
Body
Release date is miles away

Tbh I'll get both. Both have pro's and cons but least if the pleather flakes the present toys has the extra outfit to cover it.

Pros - Art
Great sculpt
body shape and outfit are good.
Stand is pretty cool
Released soon

Cons
Pleather
Not rooted
No extra outfit

Present toys

Pros
Nice sculpt with rooted hair
Real leather
Extra outfit

Cons
Hair needs work
Body
Release date is miles away
Do you think it will be real leather though?

Plus, don’t they have a habit of going way past the predicted date? Could be looking at well into 2024.

Another con is the higher price on PT.

Still think I’ll go for both and combine the best of each when the PT one finally releases.

Those in the know: what are both companies’ track records with prototypes vs releases?

Back