Art Figures - 1/6 AF-029 Edward Scissorhands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came in today from TNS, so I went to work right away on modifying the head to fit on the Hot Toys Body. I am very happy with the results. I like the Hot toys body/outfit a lot better, so I'm happy I was able to do this without much issue...

1682028336679.png

1682028356034.png

1682028372802.png

1682028384880.png

1682028406377.png

1682028434332.png

I opened mine up the other day, took one look at the straps and parts, put it back in its box :lol

I'll tackle it on a calm day

I did the same thing when I recently unboxed a 1/6 horse with a saddle and a bunch of various straps - set it aside and kick the cam down the road.

I wonder why they donā€™t just assemble these difficult pieces for us at the factory.

Exactly. Saves time which saves costs and prevents workers damaging the materials, leaving all those pleasures for the consumer.

This thing was very affordable though; I really need to get around to opening mine!

Just curious, was this $220 from the get-go on OSK or did the price go up after the first batch?

It's definitely much easier to start the thigh belts off the figure first. Then, take the boot off and slide the belts up the leg and tighten them up after you get them in the right position.
thanks for the tip.

need to unbox still, been dreading opening this figure.

If the factory did all the work, these things would be even more expensive.
i guess i'm in the minority, i'd rather pay more for the convenience rather than DIY project.

I'm factoring in "opportunity cost."

That's one aspect I prefer about statues - they usually can be popped on the shelf right away (without posing, futzing, etc). I'm a lazy hobbyist. :lol

Received mine from SugoToys today. Gotta say, what an amazing figure! Really captures the character and Deppā€™s likeness very well.
Scissors werenā€™t too tricky to set up, but those leg straps! Iā€™ve achieved one so far and will attempt the other two tomorrow. I found pulling up the ā€œcollarā€ reduces the giraffe neck too.
Overall, really blown away by it. Extremely glad I pre-ordered. Great to see 3rd party companies getting to these classic characters.
Anyway, Iā€™ll post some pics over the weekend when I get to those strapsā€¦..
Oh, and if these guys could do a Beetlejuice, that would be amazing.

Last edited:
Do you have to analyze the image to figure out where everything goes? I just opened mine quickly and realize there is more to attach myself than I originally thought and don't see any instructions. I'm too tired to try to figure it out now, so I thought I'd just ask those that already have theirs. Is it easy to figure out where the scissors and straps go?

Yeah, no instructions and assembly is definitely something you dont want to attempt if youā€™re tired.

I had to go by the pics on the box and other peopleā€™s pics on this thread. I needed a magnifying glass app on my phone and tweezers (plus A LOT of patience) to get the job done.

Do you have to analyze the image to figure out where everything goes? I just opened mine quickly and realize there is more to attach myself than I originally thought and don't see any instructions. I'm too tired to try to figure it out now, so I thought I'd just ask those that already have theirs. Is it easy to figure out where the scissors and straps go?

scissors attachments are pretty easy to attach - just refer to the prototype photos.

i would recommend putting on the straps first since the scissor attachments can get loose while you're handling the figure.

straps are a lot more time consuming - took me about an hour but YMMV. the longest one was relatively easy but the 2nd and 3rd took forever. Good luck!

Back