Apexplorers: Winson Studios Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has these figures, but I got one in the mail today (seriously USPS on a Sunday?!?) and thought I'd share. The Apexplorers series is from Winson Studios (same that did Fire Specter), and produced by Hot Toys.

The line is an in-house creation, but there are numerous characters and a basic storyline which you can see here: Winson Creation

But, anyway, like I said I just got the second figure from the series, T-Rex, in today and I am seriously blown away! I really don't think I have any figures that can compare to the quality and detail of this piece. It has some faults, but the outfit and accessories are mind-blowing in person.

trexa.jpg

trexi.jpg

trexb.jpg

Great detail on his gun, has removable clip and the drill is metal...
trexc.jpg

trexd.jpg

Also the chest piece and pick axe are die-cast as well.
trexh.jpg

Notice the weld-lines on the pick-axe... very realistic details.
trexg.jpg

trexf.jpg

Also, this figure is massive... clocking in at 14"!!!​
trexj.jpg

trexk.jpg

As a nice touch the packaging designed almost exactly like Sideshow's Star Wars figures. It has the nice opening box, with 2 plastic trays and they box is held closed with magnets... very classy.

As I said, its not perfect and the biggest issue is the articulation. This is huge muscular HT body, much larger than the standard version. And it has much less articulation... it also makes the figure very top heavy which means using a stand (which is not included) is a complete necessity.

However, this figure is still all kinds of awesome and I'm now on the hunt to find the first figure in the series. If anyone's on the fence I suggest jumping on these now!

Last edited:
Pretty sweet man! Not really what I'm into, but I know how you like the simian stuff. The face looks a helluva lot like a character from Samurai Jack.

Damn, thats a nice looking figure J. I love the fur around the head and shoulders.

Hot Toys is the ****!

That does look cool. I love the Firespecter, but if the Apexplorers series all have the more "urban vinyl" looking heads, I'd have to pass.

Any pics online of the first figure in the sereies?

Thanks guys, glad you like him.

And Dave, the Urban Style is probably the thing a lot of people would take issue with... its similar to the Brothers Workers/Brothersfree figures. I'm not generally a fan of the style myself... but I loves me some Apes. Also these have an interesting sci-fi twist to them. You get some of the story if you check out the website in the first post.

Here's some more images from their debut:
The first figure released is the orange climber on the left:​
apexplorers.jpg

This is the limited ice version of the first figure... sells for about 2X-3X the regular. The accessories are really top notch for these figures​
ice_version_1_copy_o.jpg

Some more figures in the series... I think these are all protos; notice T-Rex looks different.​
APEX02.jpg

The white astronaut was a handmade figure that was auctioned off.​
APEX03.jpg

I don't know how many of these will actually be made into figures, but I'd definitely buy a Space Suit looking one. And one of the characters from the Winson sit is a giant Bear, who is the villian of the series. I think he'd make a sweetass figure.

I like both colors... but I think it'd be cool to get one of the exclusive versions. Although I don't know if they are only sold to distributors at a higher price, or if there is someway to get them for the same as a regular.

These Firespecters and Apexplorers do have great detailing, but they are expensively bent. I can understand someone like yourself GB, being sucked into them. You have a simian penchant I find admirable and empathetic to. Still, I'd prefer them if they had a human head to make them identifiable as a 1/6th recreation. Then a bonus Apehead for all the bent coots out here.

Hope they get the first one just to make you one happy monkey.

That I would be, that I would :rock

I wonder what the price tag will be, I was able to get T-Rex for around $140 shipped from Asia... sadly I fear the Sideshow price will be at least $150 if not more.

RASAFRASSIN FRACKIN' FARP!

I just bought both of the exclusives off ebay. G D I, G D I to Hell!

omg.............these are fantastic looking. 1/6th scale from hot toys is going off the chart as for details. must resist these damn apes.............power loader just received should make me focused to stay in line.............arrrrrgggghhhhh.........no these are just too damn cool. :drool

So where's Chewie? C'mon you know he wouldn't be that different to do, right?

:chew

This is the limited ice version of the first figure... sells for about 2X-3X the regular. The accessories are really top notch for these figures​
ice_version_1_copy_o.jpg

This and Dark from Copperhead 18 are pretty much my favorite 1/6th figures.

The amount of accessories that this guy comes with is UNREAL.

I'm thinking about unloading my regular (orange) version and keeping onlye the exclusive... if anyone's interested, please PM me.

These figures are cool. I love the accessories. I won't be ordering these but I did order the Cooperhead 18 Dig figure....I'm now on the look-out for the Dark figure.

Back