Apexplorers: Winson Studios Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so... so far only one other figure has been released. But I'm sure they'll be more figures in the series, which SS will surely sell as well.

Finally was able to track down a Jungle figure thanks to a guy over at OSW and he arrived today. Figure is insane, no pictures yet as he's a pain to put together... but an awesome figure.

And because of my interest in this series and Winson Ma I actually ordered my first ever Vinyl figure, Adam Ape, which should be here next week:

adamapeoriginal.jpg

Here are my pics... a few impressions though. I have to say even though this figure was more of pain in the ass to assemble (no instructions :monkey4) I think he's actually better overall than the T-Rex. Both figures are great, but the detail on Jungle is even a bit more refined and the arctic coat, pants and other gear are so high quality that they actually feel like real clothing... truly unbelievable. And he is loaded down with stuff, have no idea what half of it is, but its all hanging on or stowed away.

Although like the T-Rex, Jungle's hips were a little loose... he still stands fine on his own, but just to be safe I need to get a stand. Anyway, here are some shots:

junglea.jpg

jungleb.jpg

Like T-Rex there is some nice flocking... that really adds to the head​
junglec.jpg

jungled.jpg

At first I thought this was the same Backpack as T-Rex, but not so... in fact the only reuse I noticed between the two were the plastic cable hooks.​
junglee.jpg

A lot of diecast, from bits that hang to the pickaxe and snow shoes... and the handle in back is actual wood!​
jungleh.jpg

junglek.jpg

Some more pics to follow...

I don't care for these figures, but I have to say the detail is freaking great.

I love the detail of this figure. Even though you may not know exactly what the tools are for and/or where they belong, it just makes it more fun to discover ways to display the figure with the various the tools.

I just love this pic. It totally put a smile on my face:

jungleb.jpg

Wow, they are everybit as sweet as i thought they would be. Just can't afford them at the moment with Appleseed on the horizon... one day though!
You have some nice monkeys their (OK, OK, I know they're great apes!).
The only ones I have are the two SST POTA Chimps and the medicom BAPE Rebal Ape. Been tempted by the Jason Ng Hanuman many times as well.

Hanuman is a great figure... The basebody is a bit dated,but accessories, clothing and sculpt are great. He's a favorite of mine.

And the Apexporers figures are just sick, I really don't have anything (even Firespecter) to compare them to in terms of quality.

I need to stop reading this thread.

These guys are just too cool. Its amazing how close to scale they get the clothing with out of scale material to use.

How anybody could NOT take these guys out of the package and piddle with them is beyond me.

Sorry Occ... that is the danger of this place, very easy to get sucked in and end up broke :lol

But, in all honesty these figures really are worth every penny... just unbelievable. And being an Apefan they are a given for me.

Hey Galactiboy! Just wanted to say that I'm glad you decided to use this figure as an avatar. The more people you expose to him, the better.

I figured he'd be a good change during the colder months... so do you have any of the figures Zoom?

No, but I wished I did but I just can't afford to get into another line. It's awfully tempting though.

I just recently purchased the Copperhead-18 Dig figure mainly because of all the intricate parts. All the details just make these collectibles well worth the money.

I'm kind of in the same boat, I really like the Dig figure... but it was between the two and I went the way of the Ape.

Back