Apexplorers: Winson Studios Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have neither in hand yet, but the outfits and accessories are too cool to let the urban vinyl ape heads keep me away. I think the white looks a lot better than the orange, so I only focused on the exclusives. Perhaps SSC won't even get any exclusives...

Anyone have pics of The Dark? I haven't been able to find any.

I really hate that others seem to want the Dark figure,
only cause I want one too, and I hate paying over retail for anything...

Im def going to go thru an internal battle with myself trying to figure out if I want to jump on this line or not.

Personally Im a HUGE fan of original art.
Art that doesnt rely on some movie or comic book to back it up and is good enough to stand on its on merit. and thats where I classify lines such as this and the Copperhead18.

... its truely a breath of fresh air in the monotonous world of movie/comic backed collectibles ... :monkey1

PS: Dave, or somebody needs to adjust the banner so it goes to the product purchase page instead of the preview page ....

Dave, check out Dark here: https://www.kennyswork.com/news/?cat=5&paged=4
I couldn't find a close-up pic of Dark's head/tattoo although I have seen it but I'm not sure where. (Pages 1-3 have info about Dig).

I ordered Dig because I saw him as a unique, art figure and a breath of fresh air -- just as Occulum stated. Kenny Wong has given us two different personalities in Dark and Dig. It's amazing how a simple detail such as a tattoo can give a figure a different personality. I also love the fact that the accessories are realistically detailed.

I would love to have a Dark figure but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'm not a completist but I like to have a sets of figures....makes for a nicer display. In the meantime, I purchased both the regular and Special Edition of Dig.

I ordered both the regular and exclusive of Dig, but don't know that I'll keep both. I don't think Dark is different enough to get him as well, especially if I keep both the copper and white of Dig.

It seems like you can get decent deals on eBay right when these first come out. But after that its retail or worse as more people jump on board.

I would also imagine with the exposure these figures are now getting they'll become even harder to find :monkey2

Try eBay, I got mine shipped from Hong Kong for $140 total. They aren't selling for a lot right now... $200 seems a bit high to me.

Yeah, I like these figures also but just like Carbo-fation, it won't fit anywhere in my collection.

I love the Apexplorers stuff, but $200 in the first week of December, no can do. The gear and everything looks amazingly detailed, wish I could get.

Both of the Apexplorer figures are SICK, but as Bagels said, $200 to spend on a figure this close to Christmas is a no can do. Plus, as much as they kick ass, I really don't see them fitting in with my collection...but they are awesome.

Jungle

I got 'Jungle' some time ago. He's a serious bad ass. (gun not included btw) I like him a little better
than T-Rex, because he doesnt look as 'sci-fi'. He just looks like an ape dude in a human world.
Still plan to get T-rex though.
503132226_ee22296ad4.jpg
503171747_265ab1671b.jpg

503132214_f306a8055d.jpg
503171753_3da0bbdf49.jpg

I posted a mini review with several more pics here: https://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom.f14.t12032

Oh man, Prime8... that Jungle figure is great looking! I knew I needed it before, but your pictures really sell it!

BTW welcome... glad to see another Ape lover aboard :rock

BTW, you don't know of any places that still have Jungle in stock at the retail price? He seems to have really jumped since the 2nd figure was released :monkey2:monkey2

Sadly on eBay he's recently come up only as BIN from HK of around $260 for the figure and about another $30 for shipping.

I'm hoping one will actually be auctioned to see what a true price might actually be.

These are really some bad ass looking figures. I am so glad I am not a big ape or 12" figure guy. I would be in serious trouble.

does anybody know if SS will have much more of this line to distribute?

Back