Anyone familiar with MODUCASE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in touch with the owner of Moducase and they're making cases to my exact specifications for no more than their usual prices. I originally just asked for a quote thinking it'd be way out of my price range but was curious anyway. Turns out I've been able to buy a couple to fit my small office perfectly.

Just received the MAX140Plus I ordered back in December 2020. Unfortunately there was a duplicate part instead of the part needed so will have to contact them for a replacement.

Has anyone installed the "spotlight" style lights for Moducase?

There is very little info on attaching them to the case. It looks like they're intended to be screwed directly into the upper panel, but the screws are too long and will end up poking through the top-side of the panel. Curious if I am missing something, or if there's an easy solution?

There's also some parts and pieces I never used putting the case together. Still not entirely sure what they're for..

They will be doing corner units now.

291906068_1493071454474279_6327931580602243025_n.jpg

There is very little info on attaching them to the case. It looks like they're intended to be screwed directly into the upper panel, but the screws are too long and will end up poking through the top-side of the panel. Curious if I am missing something, or if there's an easy solution?

There's also some parts and pieces I never used putting the case together. Still not entirely sure what they're for..
Yeah the spotlights were a pain to install. I think I screwed it only enough where it wouldn't poke through the top, but I think it did with a couple of them accidentally.

I also only had 2 of the strips to attach to the top that hides the wires, there are 4 lights and 4 sets of wires to hide.

I emailed Moducase about an order I placed last Black Friday and they promptly and politely responded that they expect the order fulfilled sometime this Q4. Thing is now I desperately want at least one stack of three of those corner units that aren't even up for sale yet. I hope that doesn't take another whole year. At this rate I'll be dead before I piece together what I want.

Yeah, I've wanted to get Moducases but opted to wait till they grew bigger as an operation and hopefully cut down those wait-times. Now with the Corner units I'm glad I waited - though as you said they're not up for order yet.

Yeah, I've wanted to get Moducases but opted to wait till they grew bigger as an operation and hopefully cut down those wait-times. Now with the Corner units I'm glad I waited - though as you said they're not up for order yet.

What I have ordered should work out fine, I kept it simple and just ordered a bunch of DF120s. So the corner units will pair great once I presumably am able to get everything.

I bet you are probably already aware that they soon expect their efficiency to dramatically improve via automation equipment they are currently implementing. I ordered when I did in large part because of the sale they ran on Black Friday. If you are interested there could be another sale this year too, at this point it's only 3 months away.

They should be sending a mass email out soon regarding different batches of manufacturing for current back orders.

Received email updates from Moducase:

Updating on your order status, for orders placed in Dec 2021.
Your order is estimated to depart from Singapore in Dec 2022/Jan 2023 via seaship to the US.

Updating on your order status, for orders placed in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2022.
Your order is estimated to depart from Singapore in Jan/Feb 2023 via seaship to the US.

The shipment process after departing from Singapore via sea ship.
Arrive at Los Angeles port > Clearance at port > Trucking to California warehouse > Sorting & Stock checking > Collecting of final balance (If there is) > Dispatch

Received email updates from Moducase:

Updating on your order status, for orders placed in Dec 2021.
Your order is estimated to depart from Singapore in Dec 2022/Jan 2023 via seaship to the US.

Updating on your order status, for orders placed in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May 2022.
Your order is estimated to depart from Singapore in Jan/Feb 2023 via seaship to the US.

The shipment process after departing from Singapore via sea ship.
Arrive at Los Angeles port > Clearance at port > Trucking to California warehouse > Sorting & Stock checking > Collecting of final balance (If there is) > Dispatch
Did you ever receive them? How long did they take if so?

I received the December 2021 order. 560 days, so around 18-19 month wait.

Still waiting on my order from April 2022. Here's the last update on the schedule I received for that one:
B62xZy2.png

Yeah that is way too long to wait. Circumstances can change dramatically in 6-12 months. Has anyone noticed the regional sites? Is it just the same company in the one location or is there something dodgy going on?

The dates quoted on here seem impossible:
https://au.moduspace.sg/

Mine should be coming in a few weeks minus the half shelf. That's on the next container.

I think they are getting bigger and trying to fill the onslaught of orders. A few online stores now carry their products

I had a custom Moducase requested for my Hot Toys Tumbler, because the width of the back threads won't fit in any of their standard cases. I ordered it last July, and should be shipping in December.

Seems like it takes a really long time for the custom cases to be made. They actually recommended going with their standard cases for most situations.

Did you stick with the spotlights? From what I've seen in photos, I like how they create a vignette around the areas that they're lighting up. It should work great for some figures (like Batman) - contrasting light and shadows. I opted for LED strips because I was told they fill the space more with consistent lighting. I'll see how it goes with my case.

Did you stick with the spotlights? From what I've seen in photos, I like how they create a vignette around the areas that they're lighting up. It should work great for some figures (like Batman) - contrasting light and shadows. I opted for LED strips because I was told they fill the space more with consistent lighting. I'll see how it goes with my case.
I think spots look good on single statues and strips are perfect for multiple or smaller scales like hot toys, so that nothing is lost in shadow.

However, I'll prob still go for strips personally

Edit: are you going for warm or cool light?

I think spots look good on single statues and strips are perfect for multiple or smaller scales like hot toys, so that nothing is lost in shadow.

However, I'll prob still go for strips personally

Edit: are you going for warm or cool light?

Yeah, there are definitely practical uses for both spotlights and strips. I think spotlights can create some really photogenic results, too.

I went with cool lighting, because it's closest to natural (white) sunlight. The only issue is, I've had white LED lights that gradually shifted to yellow over time. I don't plan on continuously running the LEDs from Moducase to degrade them to that extent. But, it'll be interesting to see how they hold out.

Back