Anyone familiar with MODUCASE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Researching these now myself having only become aware of them in the last week after they appeared on BBTS's front page.

My main question right now is shelving - do you have to buy those separately (unless otherwise stated to be part of a bundle or something)? And can those shelves be put at any height one desires within a case?

I placed an order last year and right now my order is stuck at customs but no complaints. It's been hassle-free so far.

Researching these now myself having only become aware of them in the last week after they appeared on BBTS's front page.

My main question right now is shelving - do you have to buy those separately (unless otherwise stated to be part of a bundle or something)? And can those shelves be put at any height one desires within a case?
Yes, the shelving can be set to any height, depending on what you order the shelving is either another piece of wood or plexiglass. All using the same aluminium frame.

It generally says on the website how many shelves it comes with (if any).

Thanks.

From what I can see the only downsides to these are the hefty enough expense and the long wait time - the latter means you really want to be sure of what you need up front because it's not like IKEA where if you realize later you needed something else you can order it and have it within days or weeks. You would again be waiting months to a year - even for mere shelves or LED strips though?

Otherwise they seem ideal. The units offer great width and depth often lacking with typical IKEA stuff and they don't have door frames blocking view of what's inside.

To add to that. You can also talk to them about custom measurements and they can mix the stock blocks with some custom ones.

Thanks.

From what I can see the only downsides to these are the hefty enough expense and the long wait time - the latter means you really want to be sure of what you need up front because it's not like IKEA where if you realize later you needed something else you can order it and have it within days or weeks. You would again be waiting months to a year - even for mere shelves or LED strips though?

Otherwise they seem ideal. The units offer great width and depth often lacking with typical IKEA stuff and they don't have door frames blocking view of what's inside.

Measure twice, cut once. :)

The long wait time is a PITA, but the end product is well worth the wait.

Wow I never knew about these display cases, but they seem like a nice upgrade from the Detolf. I'll definitely keep these in mind for when I move into my house. They'll be great for PFs and 1/6 stuff.

I just installed a series of Moducases that I ordered last year for my Sideshow PF’s and they are incredible. They absolutely take your collection to the next level. Sure they’re more expensive than detolfs, but when it comes down to your collection, quality>quantity in my book. I am ordering another wall of their Sixth Series for my 1/6 scale collection now. I would rather have 50 figures in Moducases than 100 figures in Detolfs, and it’s not even close.

So I ordered 6 cabinets from them in two orders, Oct/Nov of ‘20. They arrived around October ‘21 and 5 of the six had busted front panels. They also included the wrong shelving (1/2 and I ordered full). I think for what I’m doing I actually like the 1/2 better so I’m keeping those.

I emailed them (with pics) and they had my replacement front panels out to me in less than 2 weeks. So great product and more importantly great customer service. No complaints and worth the long wait.

I ordered a 7th cabinet from Specfiction in January and it has yet to arrive. Fingers crossed it arrives ok because it’s the last piece to my wall.

Blew past the ETA on my May '21 custom case order with no notifications.

Other than MPM212, is anyone actually receiving these things on time lately?

You guys with late orders are doing well. I couldn't even get the guy to write back with a quote. That was a couple years ago. I have a rule: don't chase people to give them your money.

Just got my first correspondence from the folks at Moducase since placing my order back in May. Supposedly they have secured a container for the end of Q1. Looking forward to the cases arrival and seeing how things stack up :)

These look neat. Wouldn't mind combing several of these for a nice display with my figures.

I ordered a 7th cabinet from Specfiction in January and it has yet to arrive.
I ordered from them in 2019 and emailed them in 2020, they responded but after that never again so I hope your experience is better. I've still not gotten a refund (df 120).

I ordered from them in 2019 and emailed them in 2020, they responded but after that never again so I hope your experience is better. I've still not gotten a refund (df 120).

It arrived earlier this month. So from order to arrival, it was a 13 month wait. I didn’t have any other options as that completed my wall and another order would set me back a year.

Moducases are available from BigBadToyStore delivering Q2 2022. They obviously got their orders in last year. I've just ordered a couple of DF120s.

Back