Anyone familiar with MODUCASE?

Help Support Collector Freaks:

a-dev

Super Freak
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Reaction score
Researching these now myself having only become aware of them in the last week after they appeared on BBTS's front page.

My main question right now is shelving - do you have to buy those separately (unless otherwise stated to be part of a bundle or something)? And can those shelves be put at any height one desires within a case?

Drakul

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Reaction score
I placed an order last year and right now my order is stuck at customs but no complaints. It's been hassle-free so far.

Mr Walker

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Researching these now myself having only become aware of them in the last week after they appeared on BBTS's front page.

My main question right now is shelving - do you have to buy those separately (unless otherwise stated to be part of a bundle or something)? And can those shelves be put at any height one desires within a case?
Yes, the shelving can be set to any height, depending on what you order the shelving is either another piece of wood or plexiglass. All using the same aluminium frame.

It generally says on the website how many shelves it comes with (if any).

a-dev

Super Freak
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks.

From what I can see the only downsides to these are the hefty enough expense and the long wait time - the latter means you really want to be sure of what you need up front because it's not like IKEA where if you realize later you needed something else you can order it and have it within days or weeks. You would again be waiting months to a year - even for mere shelves or LED strips though?

Otherwise they seem ideal. The units offer great width and depth often lacking with typical IKEA stuff and they don't have door frames blocking view of what's inside.

Drakul

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Reaction score
To add to that. You can also talk to them about custom measurements and they can mix the stock blocks with some custom ones.

Mr Walker

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks.

From what I can see the only downsides to these are the hefty enough expense and the long wait time - the latter means you really want to be sure of what you need up front because it's not like IKEA where if you realize later you needed something else you can order it and have it within days or weeks. You would again be waiting months to a year - even for mere shelves or LED strips though?

Otherwise they seem ideal. The units offer great width and depth often lacking with typical IKEA stuff and they don't have door frames blocking view of what's inside.

Measure twice, cut once. :)

The long wait time is a PITA, but the end product is well worth the wait.

Gipetto0812

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
Wow I never knew about these display cases, but they seem like a nice upgrade from the Detolf. I'll definitely keep these in mind for when I move into my house. They'll be great for PFs and 1/6 stuff.

bradjk10

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I just installed a series of Moducases that I ordered last year for my Sideshow PF’s and they are incredible. They absolutely take your collection to the next level. Sure they’re more expensive than detolfs, but when it comes down to your collection, quality>quantity in my book. I am ordering another wall of their Sixth Series for my 1/6 scale collection now. I would rather have 50 figures in Moducases than 100 figures in Detolfs, and it’s not even close.