Anyone familiar with MODUCASE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered two of the Sixth1604 for Hot Toys and one MAX2101 for statues. Got a nice discount during their black Friday sale, but still very expensive. Been reading about how difficult the assembly process is so not looking forward to it.

Hello, I'm also looking into getting two MAX140's to house my 1/6 and 1/4 scale statues. Aside from the long waiting times, are there any negatives I need to be aware of? I heard a story of a buyer who had to have some parts replaced up to three times (wrong cut, damage in transport, etc). Moducase delivered but it seems a hassle to have to wait three, four times to finally get a complete faulty free set.

Also, I was wondering which is best: spotlights or strips, white or warm? Any feedback on that?

Finally, are these sturdy enough to carry 20-25 kg statues at 1/4 scale?

Thanks for all the feedback, would really help me out in my decision between either customizing a PAX or going with Moducase.

I've ordered 3 of the DF120's to display my Marvel and DC collections. I love the idea of staggering the heights of characters and these cases give so much more room to be able to do that. I hadn't been able to find a display case that I am completely happy with that enables full view of the figures as well as enough space to house them without it looking cluttered.

I don't expect these to arrive until the end of the year, so it's a long wait.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm seriously thinking of getting a whole wall of these for my statues (1:4 and 1:6). Debating on white or warm light though.

I ordered my Moducase wall in February - they sent me the below email re: status update for all orders:

"Thank you for your email & below is a quick update for you.

In the light of Covid-19, supply chains, logistics and manufacturing have been disrupted and delayed.
Our manufacturing facilities are in Singapore and we are facing unpredictable changes in rules from the Singapore Government on when the lockdown can be ease.
As of today, the expected date of lifting the lockdown will be 1st June. Meanwhile, we are still manufacturing but under a restricted workforce.

Below are the plans Moducase will be doing to shorten the delays due to covid19 once we resume full force:
• We will be hiring extra manpower to operate during night shift
• Management team will be also involved in the manufacturing process.( Please forgive Bryan and Ashley if our responses are slower, because we are on the floor too.)

These are the planned estimated dates for different countries:

Sept & Oct Batch
US - Sea ship by end of June, dispatched to users starting end of July
EU, AU and other countries - We will start to air courier by end of June

Nov & Dec Batch
US - Sea ship by end of August, dispatched to users starting end of Sept (**Note: Will lump your order under this container**)
EU, AU and other countries - We will start to air courier by end of August

Jan & Feb Batch
US - Sea ship by end of Oct, dispatched to users starting end of Nov
EU, AU and other countries - We will start to air courier by end of October

Mar & April Batch
US & other countries - eta towards the end of Q4. To provide a more precise date nearer the time.

We are so sorry for the delays due to Covid-19, and we are doing the best we can to ship the displays out to you asap. Thank you for your kind understanding."

I didn't order until mid April, so looks like I will be lucky to get them by the end of the year.

These are the planned estimated dates for different countries:

Sept & Oct Batch
US - Sea ship by end of June, dispatched to users starting end of July
EU, AU and other countries - We will start to air courier by end of June

Nov & Dec Batch
US - Sea ship by end of August, dispatched to users starting end of Sept (**Note: Will lump your order under this container**)
EU, AU and other countries - We will start to air courier by end of August

Jan & Feb Batch
US - Sea ship by end of Oct, dispatched to users starting end of Nov
EU, AU and other countries - We will start to air courier by end of October

Mar & April Batch
US & other countries - eta towards the end of Q4. To provide a more precise date nearer the time.

I ordered for their Christmas sale and am in the Jan & Feb batch. I am wondering if the length of the delay also depends on what you ordered and maybe the DFs are taking longer. 13 to 14 months is crazy; I was originally told April to June. I would cancel and go to something else, but I haven't found a similar product out there.

Im hoping mine come any day now. I bought a bundle to see what it was going to be like. It was actually less expensive for these than buying the same extrusions to build it but...it's also going on 11 months now. Hoping they work out well.

It?s been over a year since I ordered this wall unit. They promised I?d have it by the end of October (see one of my previous posts), then in December, they promised that I?d have it by the end of January. Brutal.

I received my final invoice payment this week, so mine are now complete. I just ordered 3 of the DF120's and a riser. Order went through in mid April, so it has been 10 months.

Hopefully the wait time can be cut back down to half that for future orders. I would like to organise getting some more if I am happy with these 3.

Hit by a lot of import tax with this one coming into Australia. $300 worth for $1300 worth of cases. Just keep that in mind if you're purchasing these.

Just heard from Moducase - the shipment containing my order has been intercepted by customs in L.A. They have no sense of when the shipment will get through. I ordered these on February 10, 2020 - this is madness. I also note that they've made zero offers to give me a discount or try to hook me up with something considering it's been more than a year.

Just heard from Moducase - the shipment containing my order has been intercepted by customs in L.A. They have no sense of when the shipment will get through. I ordered these on February 10, 2020 - this is madness. I also note that they've made zero offers to give me a discount or try to hook me up with something considering it's been more than a year.

Their 2nd container has been cleared. Their shipment sould now been dispatched and trucked to their warehouse in Californian.
My order has been placed more than a year ago and I knew since day one that this will take a lot of time. I live in Florida and this supplier is based out of South Korea, shipping furnitures accross such a distance is not an easy task, even during normal times.
With Covid, I am glad that things are moving that fast, not all companies have been able to adapt. Moducase has been extremely transparent and was able to communicate regularly about the status of my order and the challenges they were facing. So far so good.

Their 2nd container has been cleared. Their shipment sould now been dispatched and trucked to their warehouse in Californian.
My order has been placed more than a year ago and I knew since day one that this will take a lot of time. I live in Florida and this supplier is based out of South Korea, shipping furnitures accross such a distance is not an easy task, even during normal times.
With Covid, I am glad that things are moving that fast, not all companies have been able to adapt. Moducase has been extremely transparent and was able to communicate regularly about the status of my order and the challenges they were facing. So far so good.

Nope, it?s still unacceptable. While they said it could take 6-9 months, it?s been over a year now. They promised q4 2020 and couldn?t deliver. Then they promised end of January and still haven?t delivered. Every other company and business has seemed to figure it out except them.

I had communicated with them on Facebook (quite a while back, when I was still on Facebook) and they never got back to me with a quote about a custom order after something like 2 or 3 messages exchanged regarding measurements and build details. I didn't follow up with them because it immediately wrecked my confidence that I would have to chase them to give them my money -- I felt it didn't bode well for order fulfillment, although I see some people have actually got their product ... errr ... eventually?

I emailed them direct to change an order. No problems at all. Got a fast reply and my order was changed. I contacted them on their website not FB. Now just have to wait.

I ordered a couple of wall units, they're a bit of a punish to build, but once you work out the best way to do it, it takes about an hour to put each ont together.
I had a delay of about 3 months on my order, but **** happens, covid is till mucking up supply lines everywhere a bit.

Back