Anyone familiar with MODUCASE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there are definitely practical uses for both spotlights and strips. I think spotlights can create some really photogenic results, too.

I went with cool lighting, because it's closest to natural (white) sunlight. The only issue is, I've had white LED lights that gradually shifted to yellow over time. I don't plan on continuously running the LEDs from Moducase to degrade them to that extent. But, it'll be interesting to see how they hold out.
Definitely for one or two larger pieces, spots look great . I haven't heard of their lights yellowing, i have warm light in my pax cabinets at the moment which seems more relaxing but will be going with cool as well when I eventually order

I just ordered a DF120 for the tumbler and bat-pod. I wish I didn’t have to wait 9 months for it lol

I wonder how much faster these will ship out from SSC. I just spent some rewards for a Sixth110. Figured I'd update my Metal Gear Solid game display with some of these cases since they're dust-proof. From the review videos I've seen, they seem suitable for a variety of different uses - not just for statues or figures.

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has ever replaced the back and top panels of a Moducase with clear acrylic or glass panels.

Man I wan't some of these for my figures, but can'T decide bewteeen spot vs strip lights.
Was planning on getting four sixth55 single cases and two 110 cases for diorama or multiple figures.

I think spot light will be more impressive, I don't really NEED homogenous lighting that makes it look like a store presentation - on the other hand, the whole shelf will be lit more even and may look a bit more "noble" or blend better into living room shelves. If that makes any sense.

I wonder if I should order like half and half (strips for the 110 and spots for the 55) but I fear mixing it up might be the worst option as it will look even more chaotic overall?

Man I wan't some of these for my figures, but can'T decide bewteeen spot vs strip lights.
Was planning on getting four sixth55 single cases and two 110 cases for diorama or multiple figures.

I think spot light will be more impressive, I don't really NEED homogenous lighting that makes it look like a store presentation - on the other hand, the whole shelf will be lit more even and may look a bit more "noble" or blend better into living room shelves. If that makes any sense.

I wonder if I should order like half and half (strips for the 110 and spots for the 55) but I fear mixing it up might be the worst option as it will look even more chaotic overall?
Stick to one or the other IMO

Strips tend to be better for smaller figures, as the light can get everywhere. There are plenty of pics online of amazing looking strip displays, that's the one I'd recommend. Now the question is, warm or cool light?

Stick to one or the other IMO

Strips tend to be better for smaller figures, as the light can get everywhere. There are plenty of pics online of amazing looking strip displays, that's the one I'd recommend. Now the question is, warm or cool light?

Yeah I looked on youtube and 99% of the peoplethere using strips. I found one comparison video but never a whole shelf with spots. Will be googling some more. But thanks for the tips.

Oh and most likely going with warm as it is not as yellow as I feared. But it would be kinda cool if they made the strip lights adjustable from 2700-5600K or sth.

Yeah I looked on youtube and 99% of the peoplethere using strips. I found one comparison video but never a whole shelf with spots. Will be googling some more. But thanks for the tips.

Oh and most likely going with warm as it is not as yellow as I feared. But it would be kinda cool if they made the strip lights adjustable from 2700-5600K or sth.
Yeah, for the price they should definitely include colour changing and temperature changing, no problem!

I went with spots for all my cases. I prefer how they light the figures more directly than having a bank of lights for the whole case. That’s just me and my preference. They really are the best display cases available on the market right now. Whomever came up with the design idea was spot on. I’ve even had a single custom case made for one of my premium format figures. Great stuff from Moducase!

I still have yet to receive my custom Batmobile case - it was supposed to ship earlier this month after being repeatedly delayed this year 🤔. This company definitely needs to improve their manufacturing/shipping time.

Got my UPS shipping notice a few days ago for my custom case. It took over a year for them to ship it since I placed my order in Fall 2022.

For those interested, I think it would be better to place a bulk order instead of ordering one case at a time. Otherwise, you’d be waiting years to have all of your display cases set up :/

Got my UPS shipping notice a few days ago for my custom case. It took over a year for them to ship it since I placed my order in Fall 2022.

For those interested, I think it would be better to place a bulk order instead of ordering one case at a time. Otherwise, you’d be waiting years to have all of your display cases set up :/
Did you order the standard size cases they have available or did you do custom cases? Their website is showing around a 6 month delivery window for standard cases, but I'm wondering how accurate that actually is. I ordered mine Summer 2023 so I'm hoping to get by summer this year.

Yup, it was a custom case. The turn around should be faster for their standard cases, but I’m not sure by how much. I’ve got a few of those on order, too.

I’d take their six month delivery estimate with a grain of salt. They first sent me an email in Nov. 2022 with a Feb/Mar 2023 shipping estimate. Afterward, they periodically they sent out additional emails and kept pushing back the shipping date. My case got delayed for almost a year - since it only shipped last week.

Did you order the standard size cases they have available or did you do custom cases? Their website is showing around a 6 month delivery window for standard cases, but I'm wondering how accurate that actually is. I ordered mine Summer 2023 so I'm hoping to get by summer this year.
No, it is still a year wait on just standard cases. And I don't think you can just get a quicker order by only ordering one case. They make them in order of when the order was placed, so you have to wait a long time

My order was 3 standard DF120's with a riser and it took over a year to arrive.

No, it is still a year wait on just standard cases. And I don't think you can just get a quicker order by only ordering one case. They make them in order of when the order was placed, so you have to wait a long time

Fair enough. Otherwise I suppose people who made big orders would never get them, small orders would constantly slip in front. I just wish it could be as simple as ordering from IKEA with these guys.

I put in a big order for 8 DF cases and other add ons. I just wondered with them opening up more warehouses and changing the projected times, if they were getting better. I know the website says about 6 months for standard orders and to reach out about custom orders.

Last edited:
Back