Anyone else embarrassed by 1/12 figures? (Meeting chaired by the President of the Collector Freaks Kylie Minogue Fan Club)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shameless, i wasn't ashamed when i wet myself in the class in the first grade, not just one but two times ! I'm still not ashamed.

Oh don’t ruin our lovely little collecting thread with overtones of Kylie Minogue worship. Urine really doesn't belong here. Just like number 2s don’t belong in Johnny Depp’s bed left by a total psycho. 🤣

Oh don’t ruin our lovely little collecting thread with overtones of Kylie Minogue worship. Urine really doesn't belong here. Just like number 2s don’t belong in Johnny Depp’s bed left by a total psycho. 🤣
--

SAY WHAT.jpg

I keep my hobby stuff, primarily vinyl, 1/6 scales and statues in my office, proudly. They feel like adult pursuits, for the most part.

But then I sometimes partake in a NECA or similar 1/12, or get given them as gifts, but they feel more like toys. I’m 40, it feels a bit tragic for a so called professional to have them on display so they’ve gone into a tightly packed box, albeit with figures visible. I’ve even got a couple of She Ras (leave me alone, I’m ‘a gay’ and I loved her as a kid.)

Is this a silly hang up and I should be loud and proud or is it time to grow up?

(I love the renaming of this thread. I can’t help that it turned into half a Kylie thread, she’s Queen! Plus, you’d be amazed how many people collect her records and how much they sell for. Hundreds, even thousands for the rarest.)
I’m guessing you collect these then?

Attachments

• 67F4B142-D40D-4775-8B20-725D2D6DD455.jpeg
    67F4B142-D40D-4775-8B20-725D2D6DD455.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • B6AA0099-4905-4696-8179-7BFC49CD700B.jpeg
    B6AA0099-4905-4696-8179-7BFC49CD700B.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
I’m guessing you collect these then?

Yep! Both boxed and good as new.

What?! Nothing weird about a 40 year old man having girl’s dolls (although I guarantee the majority of those were bought by gays.)

Don’t be nasty about it because I’m a gay man and you’re not allowed to be horrible to poor ‘marginalised’ me, especially during Pride month! Poor poor defenceless me……..so weak and in need of being treated differently (can you tell I HATE pride and the way gays are used for political games yet?)

Annnyywaaayy, I’d love a Kylie 1/6. Those doll things are pretty terrible. I imagine someone could do a really good repaint which would be something and quite fun I suppose.

You reminded me of something I read recently on twitter

Oh no - it’s pride month…. So, as I find myself pointing out every year, if there’s something you shouldn’t feel shame for then you shouldn’t feel pride for it either. Being gay is a morally neutral fact. Neither pride nor shame. Just being. Like everybody else - Douglas Murray

Although, as some argued in the responses to him, while this is the thing to be striven towards maybe society just isn't there yet and thus we have Pride month.

I'm not gay (Douglas is) so I'm not placed to say one way or another.

You reminded me of something I read recently on twitter

Although, as some argued in the responses to him, while this is the thing to be striven towards maybe society just isn't there yet and thus we have Pride month.

I'm not gay (Douglas is) so I'm not placed to say one way or another.
Homosexuality hasn’t been a big equality issue since AT LEAST the legalisation of gay marriage. The current and intensifying LGBT insanity is just a way to claim discrimination and demand attention. Overwhelmingly it comes from the ‘T’s.

‘Pride’ was required in the 50s-90s, or maybe early 00s to encourage people to see gay people as just normal folks who just happen to have a minority preference. That battle was won and the vast majority of people couldn’t care less about someone’s sexuality. It’s now become an embarrassment and hugely over sexualised. It does more harm than good.

I adore Douglas. I’ve known him personally for a long time, before he became pretty much the most important political thinker in the world. We even dated a little bit but very annoyingly (because he was perfect in every other way) the sexual spark wasn’t there for either of us, but it’s allowed us to stay friends and we catch up a few times a year. He’s right about essentially everything and I’m so glad he’s reaching so many.

I adore Douglas. I’ve known him personally for a long time, before he became pretty much the most important political thinker in the world. We even dated a little bit but very annoyingly (because he was perfect in every other way) the sexual spark wasn’t there for either of us, but it’s allowed us to stay friends and we catch up a few times a year. He’s right about essentially everything and I’m so glad he’s reaching so many.

Was not expecting that!

I discovered him on a youtube binge a couple of years ago, bought and read The Madness of Crowds and check in on his twitter every so often. Very interesting chap - dismissed by some with all the usual slurs ''far-right'' ''bigot'' etc but from what I can tell that's absolute nonsense.

Was not expecting that!

I discovered him on a youtube binge a couple of years ago, bought and read The Madness of Crowds and check in on his twitter every so often. Very interesting chap - dismissed by some with all the usual slurs ''far-right'' ''bigot'' etc but from what I can tell that's absolute nonsense.

Haha. Full of surprises me!

The Strange Death Of Europe is a sobering but pretty definitive read. Everyone should get through that so we can hopefully hold off the title coming true (it’s really the death of the west so Americans will find it pretty vital too.) He has a new book just out, I forget the title off the top of my head but have it to read shortly.

The far left just can’t get their head’s around a gay conservative. It makes smoke come out of their ears. There are in fact tons of us. The last polling I saw suggested at least half of white gay men are conservative (neo conservative obviously, which is pretty much just a 1980’s social liberal with traditionally conservative economics.)

The things you didn’t think you’d read on a toy forum!

The War on the West - it even came recommended by Richard Dawkins who posted

Forget labels like “right wing” & “dark web”, read a book without preconceptions about the author & judge what it actually says. For what it’s worth, I always vote left & I think Douglas Murray’s The War on the West is utterly superb. Please read it with an open mind. Please.

Of course Dawkins has himself been blacklisted many times on the left so his recommendation likely flies over the heads of those he's talking to.

The War on the West - it even came recommended by Richard Dawkins who posted

Of course Dawkins has himself been blacklisted many times on the left so his recommendation likely flies over the heads of those he's talking to.

After being an admirer for a long time I now sadly find Dawkins frustrating. He just can’t seem to accept that the so called left is absolutely unrecognisable to its pre-2010 (ish) form.

Without wanting to get too political here, I find it bizarre Richard could possibly recommend conservative Doug’s book about the plight of the west, when he went into booths to vote for Jeremy Corbyn who literally hates the west. It’s a complete paradox. Still, if his recommendation makes people read when they usually wouldn’t I suppose I can’t complain!

Just to take things back to the superficial, I’ve noticed Douglas has been spending some time in the gym and has been looking rather good. Dammit.

Back